ADVERTISEMENT

Cancer sucks

First and foremost, prayers to your wife. She's beat this nasty thing once, she'll do it again.

Second, prayers to you, Vic, and your family. You've been here before so you've got her when she needs you.

Third, prayers to the medical staff for steady hands and calm demeanor. The man upstairs will give them everything they need to get everything out of there, for good this time.

You got this Vic. Without having met you, I bet you way outshot your coverage with her. 😄

If you all could say a prayer or moment of silence for my pretty wife(my avatar). She’s having brain cancer surgery(second time) on Thursday. Any good vibes helps. She’s my everything and would love Hoosier nation to get behind us. Love you all.
Friend, I just prayed for her. Let us know how things are going and may God be with you all.

First and foremost, prayers to your wife. She's beat this nasty thing once, she'll do it again.

Second, prayers to you, Vic, and your family. You've been here before so you've got her when she needs you.

Third, prayers to the medical staff for steady hands and calm demeanor. The man upstairs will give them everything they need to get everything out of there, for good this time.

You got this Vic. Without having met you, I bet you way outshot your coverage with her. 😄
All true. I used to clean up pretty well. She was one of those girls that didn’t know how good looking/hot she was/is. She definitely is my one and only. Knew it from the moment I met her. Saw her smile for the first time and it was over.

All true. I used to clean up pretty well. She was one of those girls that didn’t know how good looking/hot she was/is. She definitely is my one and only. Knew it from the moment I met her. Saw her smile for the first time and it was over.

Dig it, brother!

I lost one of my granddads to skin cancer that spread. It was horrible to see him go downhill. Be her rock and always show her the fight she needs, even when she's to tired.

You said it right, cancer sucks! She'll kick it's ass again.

Best wishes and prayers to you and your family. Cancer does suck - both my parents are battling cancer at the moment.

Reactions: 76-1
My prayers for your wife and you. I’ve been there and done that with my first wife. The treatments and advances in medicines or so much better today than in the 80’s & 90’s. A lot of people don’t realize how hard it is on the spouse. And the kids if you have any. I think I or someone (Shades) could write a book on everything you go through over the course of several/many years. And prayers do help.

So sorry to hear your wife is confronted with this challenge and know the stress this can bring. I experienced this type of cancer situation with my own loved one so for what it is worth keep yourself as positive as possible and use the support of friends and family as much as possible.

I send my best wishes for successful results Thursday.

Reactions: 76-1
If you all could say a prayer or moment of silence for my pretty wife(my avatar). She’s having brain cancer surgery(second time) on Thursday. Any good vibes helps. She’s my everything and would love Hoosier nation to get behind us. Love you all.
She is in my prayers and will be Thursday. Prayers for you as you support her and share her concerns. I hate you are both going through this but she will beat it for good this time!

Reactions: 76-1 and kkott
Keep your opinion to yourself. This isn’t an argument thread and I would appreciate it if we can keep it that way.
It is the AOTF and sometimes folks, including myself at times unfortunately, let that fact obscure good judgement. I struggle with my faith, but will prayer for your wife, you and your family. No doubt that PMA is huge in battling any disease! Good luck on Thursday to you all and the medical staff!

god doesn't cure cancer
I've seen people survive and thrive after cancer and others succumb to it. As a Christian I am pointed to the fact about the resurrection. The following passage is about this fact.
1 Corinthians 15:35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[h]

55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”[i]

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friend, I put this scripture up for a purpose. Either God heals people of cancer in this life or He takes people who will accept His Son as Savior and then will heal them during the resurrection. So God does heal cancer.

I've seen people survive and thrive after cancer and others succumb to it. As a Christian I am pointed to the fact about the resurrection. The following passage is about this fact.
1 Corinthians 15:35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[h]

55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”[i]

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Friend, I put this scripture up for a purpose. Either God heals people of cancer in this life or He takes people who will accept His Son as Savior and then will heal them during the resurrection. So God does heal cancer.
please pray for the OP

TIA

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Bumping for a fellow spouse of a Cancer survivor.

Your family has this, Vic - Hoosier nation is all behind you & your lovely bride - go kick some tail today!

All the best - Shades

Small update. Surgeons think they can get most of it after studying it more. Won’t know what it is for a bit. Wife was upbeat today and thankful for the prayers and well wishes. She’s been in for 2.5-3 hrs now. Should be a 4.5 hr surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT