ADVERTISEMENT

Canada becomes second nation in the world to legalize marijuana

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot

(CNN) — Recreational marijuana use will soon be legal in Canada after the Senate passed a "historic" bill on Tuesday with a vote of 52-29.
Canada is only the second country in the world -- and the first G7 nation -- to implement legislation to permit a nationwide marijuana market.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/20/health/canada-legalizes-marijuana/index.html?no-st=1529579464

Food/smoke for thought.
I already posted this yesterday! But it is what I expect from you and your buddies:rolleyes:

(CNN) — Recreational marijuana use will soon be legal in Canada after the Senate passed a "historic" bill on Tuesday with a vote of 52-29.
Canada is only the second country in the world -- and the first G7 nation -- to implement legislation to permit a nationwide marijuana market.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/20/health/canada-legalizes-marijuana/index.html?no-st=1529579464

Food/smoke for thought.

“Good people don’t smoke marijuana”

-Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, The Thoyd

Reactions: sglowrider

keano.gif

A new definition of the mile high club.

Reactions: DrHoops
Toronto police tell people to stop calling them to snitch on neighbours growing cannabis
'Cannabis is no longer illegal,' police force tweets. 'Do not call police for this'

cannabis-plants.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...alisation-canada-stop-snitching-a8587556.html

Police in Canada have told people to stop reporting their neighbours for growing cannabis after the country lifted a ban on the drug.

Authorities in Toronto also urged the public not to report adults “for smoking a joint” as Canada becomes only the second nation in the world to fully legalise recreational use of marijuana.

The city’s police have launched an awareness campaign in a bid to prevent time-wasting calls as new laws come into force on Wednesday.

Windsor is going to be lit....they already have to deal with all of the 19 and 20 year old Americans getting plowed over there.

On another note, we should just do the same thing and then tax the hell out of it. Maybe put a dent in the illegal drug trade (and all the crime that goes with it). Give weed as another alternative and then crack down hard on everything else.

I am all for legalization, but I am a bit taken aback by a few things in the stories I read. One had a Canadian pro legalization activist, and she was still complaining that the new law is still too restrictive and some such, which kind of blows me away. The other thing that puzzles me a bit, and this could just be my age and the fact that I haven't partaken in a few decades...the prices of it are still too close to the black market/underground prices to make any dent in the illicit trade. Is it just a matter of time before competition forces the price downward, or will the black market/underground trade still have built in advantages of not having the overhead of licensing/taxes/storefronts/oversight etc that the legit markets have?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT