ADVERTISEMENT

Can we agree that LaVar Ball is despicable?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
I see that his new league has games scheduled that have not sold 100 seats in 10,000 seat stadiums. And he does not have a single top 150 player in the league. He has ruined the education prospects of his two youngest sons. LaVar Ball is to basketball What Don King is to boxing.

I see that his new league has games scheduled that have not sold 100 seats in 10,000 seat stadiums. And he does not have a single top 150 player in the league. He has ruined the education prospects of his two youngest sons. LaVar Ball is to basketball What Don King is to boxing.

Don King was a successful promoter. Ball is no Don King.

How has he ruined the education prospects of his 2 sons?

He's the source for half their genes? That they both forfeited any collegiate eligibility by playing semi-pro in Lithuania is immaterial.

Does anyone really think anyone in that family has any interest in higher education? Good bet than none of them has even picked up a book in the last five years that wasn't on a 'required reading' list.

His children will need to prove they are NBA quality. If we assume they are, they need to move to the opposite coast from their father and play for a coach that won't allow dad near the team. Anything other than that and those boys are screwed.

I haven't looked, but is the kid arrested in China on any draft predictions? I would think he would be eligible.

Lavar is either mentally ill, or incredibly stupid. It could just be he is of average intelligence but has the least amount of emotional intelligence and self awareness of any living being. He is so loud and combative that nobody was able to persuade him from ruining the future of his children. It could be that nobody tried because it would have been a waste of effort.

There are rumors the Lakers have an agreement to pick him up to keep them happy, but....
The Lakers said they have absolutely no interest in the middle son. He was never viewed as being a serious contributor for UCLA. He has no pro prospects. And the youngest son who has a tremendous amount of potential can no longer play high school basketball let alone college basketball.

Their father will continue to push them towards basketball. Neither have any amateur eligibility. The middle son also lacks athletic ability to compete at the highest level. Youngest son can’t even go back to compete in high school.

The Lakers said they have absolutely no interest in the middle son. He was never viewed as being a serious contributor for UCLA. He has no pro prospects. And the youngest son who has a tremendous amount of potential can no longer play high school basketball let alone college basketball.
I feel bad for the youngest son. The middle son screwed up in China, but he could have decided to accept his punishment and at least played last year. The youngest kid will have to live with the bad decisions his dad made for him. If he could emancipate himself from his dad, would anyone (besides me) support him in regaining college eligibility?

I've got room for the kid in my home if he is that good and I don't have to talk to his dad. If I could get the kid's head on straight, I would advise him to go to IU. If not, he can screw up any university he wants.

I feel bad for the youngest son. The middle son screwed up in China, but he could have decided to accept his punishment and at least played last year. The youngest kid will have to live with the bad decisions his dad made for him. If he could emancipate himself from his dad, would anyone (besides me) support him in regaining college eligibility?

I've got room for the kid in my home if he is that good and I don't have to talk to his dad. If I could get the kid's head on straight, I would advise him to go to IU. If not, he can screw up any university he wants.
If he emancipates himself from his father, maybe someone at Purdue could adopt him.

If you ignore him, he'll eventually go away. Quit giving these wanna be celebrity attention wh*res attention. Didn't you learn anything from 2016?

Reactions: mike41703
If he emancipates himself from his father, maybe someone at Purdue could adopt him.
There is that chance that he is a good kid and would become a valuable member of a program. I don't remember Lonzo causing much trouble for Alford. If you separate Lavar from the scene, it could be a fulfilling experience to mentor a kid and help our program.

Reactions: IUgradman
Their father will continue to push them towards basketball. Neither have any amateur eligibility. The middle son also lacks athletic ability to compete at the highest level. Youngest son can’t even go back to compete in high school.

The youngest is supposedly loaded with potential. How old was Luka Doncic when he lost his amateur eligibility. 16? Tony Parker? 17?

Yeh, the middle kid lacks the talent of the other 2 and is a longshot to make it to the NBA but if getting a degree becomes something that he wants, I'm sure they can find a way to pay for it. He is probably good enough to play basketball professionally somewhere in the world until he decides he has enough.

... it could be a fulfilling experience to mentor a kid and help our program.

Sure needn't go all the way to the West Coast for that - such 'experiences' await in plenty and are going begging all over Indy and Chicago. And that's just for openers. Real hardship cases no less, involving genuinely underprivileged youth who need a break far far more than poor baby Ball.

The youngest is supposedly loaded with potential. How old was Luka Doncic when he lost his amateur eligibility. 16? Tony Parker? 17?

Yeh, the middle kid lacks the talent of the other 2 and is a longshot to make it to the NBA but if getting a degree becomes something that he wants, I'm sure they can find a way to pay for it. He is probably good enough to play basketball professionally somewhere in the world until he decides he has enough.
I just watched video of him playing in Lithuania. He can barely get above the rim. At least right now he doesn’t have a division one game. And I don’t know where he is going to develop it.

Lavar Ball is laughingstock. Lavar thought he was more important than he actually was and has made a total a$$ out of himself for the whole world to see.
The media gives him a platform to make
his comments which I think is cruel.

If you ignore him, he'll eventually go away. Quit giving these wanna be celebrity attention wh*res attention. Didn't you learn anything from 2016?
This is a prime example of what a failure our education system has become! Thank your teachers union today!

This is a prime example of what a failure our education system has become! Thank your teachers union today!

Teacher's unions and failed education? If there's a group as a whole that needs to organize and needs protections and advocates for their wages and benefits, it's teachers. It's criminal what teachers are asked to do, and the wages they are paid. There are so many failures in education, you can't pin it on one group, and teacher unions would be far, far down my list of blame. Most teachers in my state aren't in a union, and our mostly prosperous state is at the bottom for teacher's pay. I'd start with parents (we get the education and services we demand) and legislators. And this from a (mostly) fiscal conservative biz owner, who wishes he could still support the Republican party.

I used to think your sig pic was a cartoon and didn't realize it was a self-portrait!

Last edited:
Actually your a prime example of that if anyone...jeezus you are one special kind of stupid

Typical of you to look to blame someone else for a problem.

Last edited:
Actually your a prime example of that if anyone...jeezus you are one special kind of stupid

Typical of you to look to blame someone else for a problem.
No the people in the video are a special kind of stupid, He should have been able to answer that question in 4th grade. That’s what you get with unionism, Bad teachers are protected.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
No the people in the video are a special kind of stupid, He should have been able to answer that question in 4th grade. That’s what you get with unionism, Bad teachers are protected.

Wow. You're blaming bad teachers for the Ball's ignorance? You must have had some REALLY bad teachers along the way!

He's no Don King. Don King was successful.

I don't like Lavar and think he is a clown but I suspect they are making plenty of money. I doubt there will be any issues for his kids to get an education.

Based on the reports of unpaid vendors and Big Baller Brand customers who aren't getting the merchandise they ordered, I would say Lavar is pissing the money away just as fast as Lonzo can make it.

Yes, I feel bad for Lonzo. Good basketball player but his dad is doing everything he can to ruin his career.

Bad students with cell phones and loud parents are protected even more.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Don't know here you live, but in my area teacher unions are quite powerful, and teachers are well paid.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/lansdale/teacher-salaries-montgomery-county-how-does-north-penn-compare

Wow, that's embarrassing to me. What a concept: professional pay for professionals! I have a friend who I think has been teaching 8 years and just got a raise and will be in the range of $45K. Degreed and excellent teacher. Almost all teachers here have to hold 2nd jobs. I live in NC.

The man is a total train wreck read the article he belittled his wife in. Total ahole

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/111175686

The guy is a total douche and will stop at nothing to make himself rich vicariously through his only talented son. His youngest was talented but that dream has died. Good luck making 10k and the highest paid player in daddy’s league. Maybe crean and bcg can become coaches together in the league. He’s a horrible excuse for a person. Death do us part must mean a whole lot to him. Yet people give him a reality show because ‘Murcia loves our train wrecks and he’s up there with Paris Hilton. I wouldn’t let my dog touch those shoes. If magic caves and lets his ugly stepsister of a son on the lakers with Lonzo I hope they never see prosperity again

ESPN shares much of the blame for making Mr Ball the celebrity he thinks he is. The Balls are still living off hype more so than actual results. Can't last much longer without things getting ugly.

ESPN shares much of the blame for making Mr Ball the celebrity he thinks he is. The Balls are still living off hype more so than actual results. Can't last much longer without things getting ugly.
ESPN seemed to enjoy poking at him so he would make ridiculous comments. It reminded me of someone picking on a mentally disabled person. I wanted them to stop. I was disappointed in the attention they gave him at the NBA draft. He learned that the more outrageous he acted, the more airtime he got. I am curious just how much was an act although it seemed too natural for it to be an act.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT