ADVERTISEMENT

Can Trump forget about HRC

The KKK/John Birch attack was lame, really lame. But, this defense to it is pretty shallow, too. So, your defense against questions about your racial attitudes is something your cousin did?

Kudos to your cousin for speaking up against what she sees as bad behavior regardless of the political winds (I hope she likewise spoke up when she saw bad behavior that didn't involve her own children...it's kind of an easy step when you feel like you are protecting your children.)

But, more importantly, I wish one could say that you spoke up against bad behavior despite the political winds. There just hasn't been much evidence of that here. Maybe that is what leaves you bringing out things your cousin does as evidence of your own personal integrity?

My reason for bring up my cousin is if she posted on here many would call her a racist without any facts but her political opinion. She is far to the right of me. Same thing was done to me in insinuating I am racist. I've been through this before. I'd put my ethics, morals, deeds and actions in regards to African American and other minorities against any annoymous posters on here including you.

Does this mean the "Christians" will stop trying to shove their "morals" down everyone else's throats 24/7?

I have no idea what Christian's will do. Whatever religious beliefs I might have I've never forced on anyone. At this point I don't attend any church.

Stoll-

At what point is enough, enough for you? Just curious.

For Christ sake, the man cursed, taunted a vanquished political opponent and bragged about sexual escapades- to the freakin' Boy Scouts.

I'm genuinely curious as to where the line lies for you.

And, changing the subject won't work here. This is about Trump's behavior, not the beliefs of another poster.

I've often asked the Trump groupies, "Is there anything your hero could do to make you stop supporting him?" and they always refuse to answer.....because, deep down, they know he'll do it and they don't want to eat their words.

These are the same people who had a nuclear meltdown when Obama didn't wear a jacket in the Oval.

Reactions: meridian
I'd put my ethics, morals, deeds and actions in regards to African American and other minorities against any annoymous posters on here including you.

But, you didn't. You put your cousin's. And the only bad behavior that seems to vex you is from people like Optimist and Zeke.

But, you didn't. You put your cousin's. And the only bad behavior that seems to vex you is from people like Optimist and Zeke.

I already explained why I gave my cousin as an example. I should have never started. You guys have every right to shout racist at someone you disagree with. I am a dumbass for falling for the bait.

Everyone has the right to determine what's decent. I think a person that behaves like Trump is indecent, immoral , corrupt, disgusting, vile, and is very harmful to our country. Whether you agree or anyone else is immaterial to me.
Correction to a word!
It should be "this world" or "the humanity."

I already explained why I gave my cousin as an example. I should have never started. You guys have every right to shout racist at someone you disagree with. I am a dumbass for falling for the bait.

You did offer an explanation. It's a bad explanation. A better explanation would have been your own reaction to the situation faced by your cousin's child.

In the meantime, the "you guys" bit just adds onto your list of lame. I don't, haven't, and am not shouting racist at anyone. Let me underline it and make it clear...I think that optimist's KKK/John Birch bit was stupid and meridian doubling down on it with the benefit of time and distance is insipid. But, I'm puzzled by your response and your posting overall. You seem extremely intelligent, but your posting haphazardly often doesn't reflect that. There is plenty to be vexed about in our current climate, but the things that vex you and move you to post make little sense to me.

You did offer an explanation. It's a bad explanation. A better explanation would have been your own reaction to the situation faced by your cousin's child.

In the meantime, the "you guys" bit just adds onto your list of lame. I don't, haven't, and am not shouting racist at anyone. Let me underline it and make it clear...I think that optimist's KKK/John Birch bit was stupid and meridian doubling down on it with the benefit of time and distance is insipid. But, I'm puzzled by your response and your posting overall. You seem extremely intelligent, but your posting haphazardly often doesn't reflect that. The things that vex you in our current climate make little sense to me.

First of all my cousin posted her son's experience on FB. I posted advice that she should go to the Police Chief and demand an explanation. She ended up doing that. She should have done that before posting on FB. I don't think the Chief's response acknowledged the problem. His response was it was after midnight and the SUV creeped through a stop sign and her son acted very nervous. Therefore they took him out of car and patted him down and searched his SUV. Her son later told her he was nervous because he was afraid of being shot. That's a sad reflection on our Country. I have nothing but empathy for her son and told her I'd consider getting legal counsel.

I should be more careful with my posting on The Water Cooler. Many times I take breaks at work and read threads that interest me. The mistake I make is quickly posting when something upsets me. I shouldn't post unless I am going to dedicate the time required to closely read posts and reply.

Posters making blanket personal judgements about others based on their political beliefs irritates me the most on here.

BTW one response on here made some statement directed at me thinking President Obama is evil. I don't believe that at all. I disagree with many of his policies. I think he's an ethical and moral man and great father. I think Trump should lay off beating up on Obama unless he criticizes Trump publicly.

Reactions: hoosboot
First of all my cousin posted her son's experience on FB. I posted advice that she should go to the Police Chief and demand an explanation. She ended up doing that. She should have done that before posting on FB. I don't think the Chief's response acknowledged the problem. His response was it was after midnight and the SUV creeped through a stop sign and her son acted very nervous. Therefore they took him out of car and patted him down and searched his SUV. Her son later told her he was nervous because he was afraid of being shot. That's a sad reflection on our Country. I have nothing but empathy for her son and told her I'd consider getting legal counsel.

I should be more careful with my posting on The Water Cooler. Many times I take breaks at work and read threads that interest me. The mistake I make is quickly posting when something upsets me. I shouldn't post unless I am going to dedicate the time required to closely read posts and reply.

Posters making blanket personal judgements about others based on their political beliefs irritates me the most on here.

BTW one response on here made some statement directed at me thinking President Obama is evil. I don't believe that at all. I disagree with many of his policies. I think he's an ethical and moral man and great father. I think Trump should lay off beating up on Obama unless he criticizes Trump publicly.

Good stuff. I appreciate your thoughts and insights expressed in this post. Hope you have a great rest of your Wednesday.

Reactions: stollcpa
Did she vote for Trump? I'm curious too if her husband voted for Trump as the demographics would suggest he would not as only 9% of African Americans nationwide voted for him.

Did she vote for Trump? I'm curious too if her husband voted for Trump as the demographics would suggest he would not as only 9% of African Americans nationwide voted for him.

She is very open and loud about her opinions and politics. He says nothing. I have no doubt she voted for Trump. Although we're friends I would never ask him how he voted. I honestly have no idea.

BTW she's an anesthesiologist and he's a orthopedic surgeon.

Edit. They both were raised in very meager families.

Last edited:
She is very open and loud about her opinions and politics. He says nothing. I have no doubt she voted for Trump. Although we're friends I would never ask him how he voted. I honestly have no idea.

BTW she's an anesthesiologist and he's a orthopedic surgeon.

Edit. They both were raised in very meager families.
I think that's a fairly typical story isn't it? Meager beginnings, followed by individual success, turning into a "keep your hands off my money" Tea Party patriot?

I can't say I blame them, except that in a lot of cases, they got by during their humble beginnings due to policies and entitlements that'd make a Tea Partier gag.

I think that's a fairly typical story isn't it? Meager beginnings, followed by individual success, turning into a "keep your hands off my money" Tea Party patriot?

I can't say I blame them, except that in a lot of cases, they got by during their humble beginnings due to policies and entitlements that'd make a Tea Partier gag.

In my case, my childhood was less than meager. I want less taxes not more. We certainly need a safety net, security, infrastructure and other government services. We obviously have to pay taxes to cover it. We might disagree what the safety net should be as well as the cost of security, infrastructure and other government services. I don't see why we have to hate each other discussing it. Tip O'Neill and Reagan were able to work across party lines. Clinton worked with republicans. It appears that will never happen again.

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT