ADVERTISEMENT

Can somebody explain to me how Crean was better?

Crean completely gutted the roster year 1, and he had something going by year 4. What in the hell is this s***? This is not a coherent basketball product. I try to understand what we are doing on offense, and it just doesn't make any sense.

I made up a saying that I think applies here, when I was in college and worked the desk at the Baxter Y, which included oversight of the lost and found box: "that's like saying you're the best looking shirt in the lost and found!"

Wouldn’t it be nice if we were having the same conversation now that was being had when coach Crean was at IU? By this I mean Archie hasn’t fielded a ten yet that was (is) a B10 contender. Just teams that are questionable every year to even finish .500 in conference and possibly get an invite to the big dance. I hope this team gets its head on straight and finishes strong this season, but man the conference is so deep that it will be difficult. Crean lost to Syracuse and everyone wanted to fire him on the spot. So, which is it? I could care less who coaches IU so long as they are a top tier team every year. Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

There are a couple of similarities I see in terms of Crean and Coach Miller; they both tend to favor playing time for certain players at the expense of others on the bench who may, in the long run, contribute more to the team (Hollowell and J. Smith for example). Fortunately, Justin chose to leave. Crean was notorious for pulling the hot hand and I think Coach Miller can be stubborn about leaving a struggling player on the court too long. I suppose I'm just old school and I developed a knack for knowing when Coach Knight was about to pull a player. In fact, even if the game was going poorly I remember getting a chuckle out of knowing exactly what was about to happen if/when a player dribbled off his own leg/foot like Ollie from "Hoosiers".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT