ADVERTISEMENT

Can everyone agree

Whether you're pro or anti Archie Miller, that if Lander reclassifies to the 2020 class, IU should finish in the top 3 of the B1G next year and at least go to the Sweet 16?

I don't think that's an unfair expectation at all.

Thoughts?
Depends on the rest of the conference. 3 may be high or low.

Reactions: RRgo
The kid is good, and would be a great player for IU. I don’t think any freshman can give you the kind of change, the kind of impact that you think he will. If IU were already a top 3 team in the BIG, then adding a great player might “guarantee” a top 3 finish. However, I doubt any freshman could take a top 10 team and move them up that far.

I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation at all... I think all these freshman will play tougher than many we've had in a while... Especially if Lander works out.... Let's just pray we have bball this fall!!

The kid is good, and would be a great player for IU. I don’t think any freshman can give you the kind of change, the kind of impact that you think he will. If IU were already a top 3 team in the BIG, then adding a great player might “guarantee” a top 3 finish. However, I doubt any freshman could take a top 10 team and move them up that far.
Cody Zeller says hello. Oh and Carmelo Anthony too.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Lander probably won't even start when he comes in. Over time, that'll probably change, but right away, he'll need time to adjust to the speed and physicality of college.

People need to temper their expectations for the young man. Yes, he's good, but he's not a one and done good. He's gonna need time.

If our shooting doesn’t improve next year we won’t be a top 3 team.
I think they will be much improved next year with healthy Hunter and Phinisee , another year for TJD and 3( maybe4) quality recruits coming in. Not sure what other teams have coming back but better than last year for sure

Reactions: kkott
Lander probably won't even start when he comes in. Over time, that'll probably change, but right away, he'll need time to adjust to the speed and physicality of college.

People need to temper their expectations for the young man. Yes, he's good, but he's not a one and done good. He's gonna need time.
You’ve got to be kidding - lander will start. Did you watch out guards last year?

Reactions: Cavanagh
Whether you're pro or anti Archie Miller, that if Lander reclassifies to the 2020 class, IU should finish in the top 3 of the B1G next year and at least go to the Sweet 16?

Thoughts?

Indiana has to shoot better to finish in the top 3 in the conference. And you can't predict the tourney until we see the bracket.

So no, I do not agree with you.

You’ve got to be kidding - lander will start. Did you watch out guards last year?

5star players at IU have started, yes. But Lander isn't a 5star in the fall of 2020. He may not start right away.

Given that the failure of a coach Tom Crean started with Kyle Taber and made the Sweet 16 in year 4, yes I think that should be the bare minimum. If he can’t even keep pace with Crean then what are we doing here?

Have you seen our roster? Not exactly UK or Duke. He came to IU to start next year and that’s what will happen.

Thoughts?
I think Ive seen this movie twice before...

Reactions: Jg48 and mathboy
Cody Zeller says hello. Oh and Carmelo Anthony too.
That would have been a great team with or without Zeller, that was my point. Top 3 teams are much more that a single player. I am not sure I see the same strength across the whole floor as the Zeller teams had. Just my two cents.

That would have been a great team with or without Zeller, that was my point. Top 3 teams are much more that a single player. I am not sure I see the same strength across the whole floor as the Zeller teams had. Just my two cents.
Are you serious? Without zeller no way we beat UK, Ohio state, Michigan or sniff the tournament. That’s just crazy talk.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Thoughts?
No.

So a team that finished 12-20 the year before Cody would have been a great team? You were one of the GBI posters constantly saying "IU is a Zeller from the Cellar" . GTFO please.

Last edited:
Obviously depends on what Lander specifically brings to the table. He’d essentially be replacing Green. Is he a better, more reliable, defender, ball handler, shooter? Green was our best play maker and shooter. But he hurt us in so many other ways. If Lander is a typical inconsistent freshman, I could see his contribution being similar to Greene’s. Which, for a reclassified freshman, wouldn’t be the end of the world.

But IF he is able to reclassify, and he does upgrade our backcourts solid play, I think we’ll push for top 4 in the conference. And one of the things I’m excited about with Archie is his teams should be well suited for post season success. So if we finish top 4 in the conference, I’d be surprised if we don’t win a couple in the NCAA.

I think Race and Jerome might be as big of keys as Lander though. Would also put Armaan on that conversation too.

Lander will start. He’s the quickest guy we will have and he’s a ridiculously good ball handler and passer. Can shoot it too.

Reactions: kkott
Come on! I'm optimistic we will have a season (and will do quite well) but if things break so that having a season would mean the deaths of a lot of people then I'm against it. And despite the current incompetent, irresponsible administration this still one of the top countries in the world and all the countries will have Coronavirus to deal with. Admittedly many will deal with it better than our administration has.
Thanks for the enlightening political commentary. I’m sure many here will want to read your blog for more thinking like this.

Iowa, Wisconsin, Rutgers and Michigan St could be ahead of us next year. Top six? I can buy that.

C: Brunk then Race
PF: TJD then Race
SF: Smith then Hunter then Geronimo
SG: Durham then Franklin then a freshmen
PG: Phinisee then Franklin

Duncomb is 2021, correct?

I would expect him to reclassify, if he doesn't there's a good chance he may never play here if they get rid of the one and done and there's no season next year

Thoughts?

Lander will start. He’s the quickest guy we will have and he’s a ridiculously good ball handler and passer. Can shoot it too.
Thank You- these posters that think he’s sitting on the bench behind our awful guards
are driving me nuts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT