ADVERTISEMENT

Can anybody recommend a 4-wood that is easy to get airborne? The older I

get, the more difficult it is to get some height on my fairway woods.
Adams Super S 4 hybrid. It's offered in lofts including 15, 17, 19, 22, 25, and 28 degrees. Talk to your pro about what loft would be best for you for that club. All my woods are Adams Super S. Love them.
You're welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I've never had a 4-wood so I don't know how hard it is to get one airborne, but I can say I've been able to throw my three wood quite a good distance, with good height and rotation. I would say just about any 4 wood would be just as easy to throw.

The shaft probably is more important than the club head.
As a former golfer who had "quick" wrists which tended to bring out the worst in "soft" shafts, I think I understand your point. However, as golf equipment has continued to advance in the last decade or perhaps more, it seems to me that both the characteristics of the shaft and the club head are important and should be evaluated by a pro.

As a former golfer who had "quick" wrists which tended to bring out the worst in "soft" shafts, I think I understand your point. However, as golf equipment has continued to advance in the last decade or perhaps more, it seems to me that both the characteristics of the shaft and the club head are important and should be evaluated by a pro.
Yes, but the advancement in shafts has been huge. It’s really important to match the shaft, with the head and your swing. It really is the most important part these days. As much as McNutt plays, I would go somewhere and get a fitting. He might find out he is better off with a hybrid as well.

The type of 4 wood doesn't really matter. It's all in the hip turn and release. If they are in sync, that club can fly.

I can't do a hip turn because of my right knee. It can't withstand the strain from using my lower body on my swing.

Taylor made Max Rescue 19 degree replaced the 3 iron for me, and made the game more fun to play. Duck hook tee shot into the rough and still putting for birdie.

Maybe it's just your form?

Agree, McNutt's just not trying hard enough. Rory is still getting great height on his 3 iron:

ZanyBoldAcornwoodpecker-small.gif

Reactions: 76-1
get, the more difficult it is to get some height on my fairway woods.

Any of the Callaway 15 degree woods are adjustable to 17 degrees. You cannot go wrong with Callaway clubs. I have the Epic Flash Sub Zero 15 degree and it is excellent. You might prefer the Epic Flash which is a bit more forgiving.

Adams Super S 4 hybrid. It's offered in lofts including 15, 17, 19, 22, 25, and 28 degrees. Talk to your pro about what loft would be best for you for that club. All my woods are Adams Super S. Love them.
You're welcome.

Adams Golf has been defunct for 8 years. The only way to buy those clubs is off EBAY or possibly some other golf shop that sells used clubs.

I've never had a 4-wood so I don't know how hard it is to get one airborne, but I can say I've been able to throw my three wood quite a good distance, with good height and rotation. I would say just about any 4 wood would be just as easy to throw.
The post also brought back memories of my clubs flying through the air. The trick is not to do it near water. Nothing is funnier on a golf course than seeing someone wading through the water looking for a club.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT