ADVERTISEMENT

Campaign signs

Harry Hondo

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2015
I saw a campaign sign today that made me laugh.

Fed up? Vote Republican

I thought, wait if you’re fed up doesn’t that mean you aren’t happy with who is currently in charge? Perhaps the republicans on here can explain this to us. Seems to me like mixed messaging.

Reactions: 82hoosier

Fed up? Vote Republican

I thought, wait if you’re fed up doesn’t that mean you aren’t happy with who is currently in charge? Perhaps the republicans on here can explain this to us. Seems to me like mixed messaging.
Were you in Bloomington? Only thing that makes sense is that they were referring to local races.

Or that they're just stoopid.

Reactions: cosmickid

Fed up? Vote Republican

There's at least 2 of them that I know of in the westside area of Btown that I live in. Funny thing, they were there in 2016 as well. There is even a sign nearby touting Tre Hollingsworth- which is IMO beyond a headscratcher...

I will say that I was pleasantly shocked a couple of months ago when I was out in the neighborhood off Eller Road near the airport. Was in a distinctly rural middle-class area and 2 separate houses had signs supporting BLM...

I will say that I was pleasantly shocked a couple of months ago when I was out in the neighborhood off Eller Road near the airport. Was in a distinctly rural middle-class area and 2 separate houses had signs supporting BLM...
Ive also been pleasantly surprised to see BLM in unexpected places.

Were you in Bloomington? Only thing that makes sense is that they were referring to local races.

Or that they're just stoopid.

I am in Btown, so could be local issues or could be referring to the House, and the endless Russia probe and impechment games.

Reactions: ulrey
Many are going to be surprised (again) by the results of this election, I've seen two Biden signs in the last 2 months and hundreds of Trump signs. (To be fair that only includes Indiana, Florida, and Ohio)

By "fed up" they probably meant the destruction of once great American cities, defunding of police forces, the constant race baiting to hide shitty Democratic policies, and anti American rhetoric in the media.

Reactions: ulrey
Many are going to be surprised (again) by the results of this election, I've seen two Biden signs in the last 2 months and hundreds of Trump signs. (To be fair that only includes Indiana, Florida, and Ohio)

By "fed up" they probably meant the destruction of once great American cities, defunding of police forces, the constant race baiting to hide shitty Democratic policies, and anti American rhetoric in the media.
Sorry, I’m in Eastern NC and 2016 vs 2020 is day and night. Anyone thinking this is a slam dunk for Trump is not being honest with themselves.

Sorry, I’m in Eastern NC and 2016 vs 2020 is day and night. Anyone thinking this is a slam dunk for Trump is not being honest with themselves.
I never said it's going to be a slam dunk for Trump, I just don't buy the bs polls in September favoring a guy (by a lot) that doesn't leave his basement more than twice a week. The debates haven't even started yet.

This election is going to be really close.

dumb

Anti American rhetoric. Lol. Actually I was just discussing with friends how many fewer Trump signs we have seen this year and more Biden signs. I don’t think that means much. Biden supporters are not a cult that need flags made in China, hats, and filling their yards with signs.

I never said it's going to be a slam dunk for Trump, I just don't buy the bs polls in September favoring a guy (by a lot) that doesn't leave his basement more than twice a week. The debates haven't even started yet.

I’m not sure why you’re still talking about the basement. It makes you sound really ignorant. He’s had daily events lately . Sorry he isn’t having superspreader rallies to kill off his base.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I am in Btown, so could be local issues or could be referring to the House, and the endless Russia probe and impechment games.
He should have been impeached about every week, but everyone knows the spineless Republicans would have done nothing. My favorite trick was them not wanting Bolton to testify. Then when his book came out and they read how much more Trump had done than they knew, complaining about him testifying. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. They will pay for it in November. Even Lindsey Graham is in trouble. Lol.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

I think you are over selling support in States that were red in 2016 that will be anything but solid in 2020. You tell me, are Trump’s rallies in the States you mentioned making a difference the last 2 months? I honestly haven’t been paying attention to the States you referenced. Guy has been here in NC every week since the convention and it hasn’t changed his polling here.

@T.M.P.- Oh no! Someone said something I don't agree with, now I need to get on the message board to call it dumb.

Your schtick is beyond old, just keep doing you though.

no, it's dumb because you calling the election based on signs you've passed is dumb

I think you are over selling support in States that were red in 2016 that will be anything but solid in 2020. You tell me, are Trump’s rallies in the States you mentioned making a difference the last 2 months? I honestly haven’t been paying attention to the States you referenced. Guy has been here in NC every week since the convention and it hasn’t changed his polling here.
No, I'm saying these bs polls in September aren't reliable. They won't be reliable until the election takes place. Trump will win Florida, Ohio, and Indiana anyway as they are traditionally heavily red states.

Overall it will be close, I'm just saying that the Democratic skewed polls (39% Democrats were polled, 28% Republicans) coming out in the mainstream media right now are not to be trusted.

Reactions: Lucy01
There's at least 2 of them that I know of in the westside area of Btown that I live in. Funny thing, they were there in 2016 as well. There is even a sign nearby touting Tre Hollingsworth- which is IMO beyond a headscratcher...

I see them around Bloomington and in the same houses that displayed them in 2016. I do not think the owners realize the context has changed since 2016.

No, I'm saying these bs polls in September aren't reliable. They won't be reliable until the election takes place. Trump will win Florida, Ohio, and Indiana anyway as they are traditionally heavily red states.

Overall it will be close, I'm just saying that the Democratic skewed polls (39% Democrats were polled, 28% Republicans) coming out in the mainstream media right now are not to be trusted.
You think the polls we are seeing determine where he is spending his time and $? Safe to say he should have much better intel. He’s spending valuable time and resources in places he shouldn’t have to in late September.

Reactions: TommyCracker

You count yard signs cool, I count that since Trump took office the republicans lost what, 41 representatives to lose the house and 9 state governors?

Trump has been a massive stink bomb loser for the party. Completely toxic down ticket. He's going to give the 'radical left' control of the house, the senate and the executive branch since Obama took office in 2009.

As far as the debates well hell, you set the bar so low that all Biden has to do is not dribble on himself to pass it, much less if Biden avoids the WWF catcalling and looks composed and presidential he could sway some undecideds and 'win' the debate, something Trump has trouble doing (looking presidential).

Regardless undecideds are around 6 to 7%, which is low and its why polling hasn't changed much since the spring. The majority of people have made up their minds. Nothing is going to change it.

Add to it voting has already started so your debate strategy is a fallacy.

There's always cheating. Barr could demand that all the votes are seized. You could claim the votes were fraudulent and have it go to the Supreme Court.

So there is a chance.

You count yard signs cool, I count that since Trump took office the republicans lost what, 41 representatives to lose the house and 9 state governors?

Trump has been a massive stink bomb loser for the party. Completely toxic down ticket. He's going to give the 'radical left' control of the house, the senate and the executive branch since Obama took office in 2009.

As far as the debates well hell, you set the bar so low that all Biden has to do is not dribble on himself to pass it, much less if Biden avoids the WWF catcalling and looks composed and presidential he could sway some undecideds and 'win' the debate, something Trump has trouble doing (looking presidential).

Regardless undecideds are around 6 to 7%, which is low and its why polling hasn't changed much since the spring. The majority of people have made up their minds. Nothing is going to change it.

Add to it voting has already started so your debate strategy is a fallacy.

There's always cheating. Barr could demand that all the votes are seized. You could claim the votes were fraudulent and have it go to the Supreme Court.

So there is a chance.
I agree that losing The House is a major issue, the difference is that you blame Trump and I don’t. The mainstream media controls the narrative and they’ve hated Trump since he’s been elected.

As far as this election we’ll see, it’s far to early to be sure of anything.

I agree that losing The House is a major issue, the difference is that you blame Trump and I don’t. The mainstream media controls the narrative and they’ve hated Trump since he’s been elected.

Trump is who he is. He's great at negative entertaining and being able to con a story. He is a gifted liar. Not an intelligent liar but a gifted one with great resolve in his lying.

I mean right off the bat you had Trump and Spicer punishing the 'fake news' because everyone was calling bullshit on his inauguration claims.

It was the dumbest thing to get into a fight over but, that's Trump.

Trump isn't talented enough to be able to shit on everyone, to lie as much as he does and to also command respect.

I mean Coach Knight was an asshole but he wasn't so narcissistic that he had to lie and he certainly had respect for his talent.

I believe, well I hope that people can see through Trump for what he really is in my opinion....a con artist who is also a major asshole.

That's a really bad combo.

Oh and I forgot, thanks for the civil response.

We've been at each other's throats a lot lately which can be entertaining but is getting old.

So thanks for the good post!

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Oh and I forgot, thanks for the civil response.

We've been at each other's throats a lot lately which can be entertaining but is getting old.

So thanks for the good post!
Yeah, having differing opinions without childish attacks and name calling is a rarity on this board anymore.

I don't judge people based on their political opinions, for example my grandparents are lifelong Democrats and I love them all the same.

It's just politics not life or death, we'll all get by just fine no matter who wins the election.

Yeah, having differing opinions without childish attacks and name calling is a rarity on this board anymore.

I don't judge people based on their political opinions, for example my grandparents are lifelong Democrats and I love them all the same.

It's just politics not life or death, we'll all get by just fine no matter who wins the election.

Well...there has been some "life and death" events this year to be sure. Between virus, ambush shootings, fires and beatings...this election year has no peer.

bingo

I don't see many Biden signs, but then again, there is no CULT of Biden.

The cult of Trump demands you display yard signs and flags as a sign of loyalty to the sovereign.

Reactions: UncleMark
I don't see many Biden signs, but then again, there is no CULT of Biden.

The cult of Trump demands you display yard signs and flags as a sign of loyalty to the sovereign.
i don't see many biden or trump signs. i don't think it'll be a very close race though. hrc came across as just a miserable human and like someone here said trump had charisma and was a novelty. what's more i, like many, liked his messaging a lot and was pumped to drain the swamp of people living off the taxpayers' teat. people hate government and government officials. look at the approval ratings of congress. but for the pandemic i truly believe trump would have been reelected. but shit happens. the pandemic happened. floyd happened. and he's proven ill-equipped to handle either so he deserves to go. outside of his core, those that supported him in 2016 will go to biden or if it's raining that day not bother to vote at all.

biden's a relatively likable guy. far more so than hrc. and the country's a total mess. again, the buck stops with the guy in charge. what's disappointing is that i wish the non politician experiment could have been done with someone other than a narcissistic megalomaniac. it's unfortunate it was trump. i still like the idea of an outsider.

... pumped to drain the swamp of people living off the taxpayers' teat.
We now know who exactly that is.

Time to end this misery

120299354_10160759267539062_5760960511119896519_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT