ADVERTISEMENT

Camion Patrick

Superstar84b

Freshman
Sep 1, 2017
Interesting/amazing story, but I saw on Twitter that Camion Patrick will be participating at pro day. Obviously a long time ago, his name was cleared. Feel bad for him that his reputation was tarnished. He’s a good guy who overcame a lot, so it is good to see that he’s finishing school, and still giving the NFL a shot.

From what I know he is healthy. Sometimes when you have a guy who “retires” it is not always what it seems. It could be a guy who’s simply frustrated from injuries. He has great mental toughness to overcome his early life, the charges (that were cleared) and the injuries and still try to excel at the next level.

I’ll say this. I never saw a football player like him before. The myths of Patrick are true. He’d typically drag 5-6 guys in practice, throw stiff arm punches, and prior to injuries he timed at like 4.38 when he got to IU. At 6-2” 230ish, if he has anything left you’d like to see him get a shot. I’ve never seen a player like that guy before, and it’s shame that he never got to show fans on the field. I doubt he gets a shot due to past injuries and the charges, but he can play in the NFL.

Interesting/amazing story, but I saw on Twitter that Camion Patrick will be participating at pro day. Obviously a long time ago, his name was cleared. Feel bad for him that his reputation was tarnished. He’s a good guy who overcame a lot, so it is good to see that he’s finishing school, and still giving the NFL a shot.

From what I know he is healthy. Sometimes when you have a guy who “retires” it is not always what it seems. It could be a guy who’s simply frustrated from injuries. He has great mental toughness to overcome his early life, the charges (that were cleared) and the injuries and still try to excel at the next level.

I’ll say this. I never saw a football player like him before. The myths of Patrick are true. He’d typically drag 5-6 guys in practice, throw stiff arm punches, and prior to injuries he timed at like 4.38 when he got to IU. At 6-2” 230ish, if he has anything left you’d like to see him get a shot. I’ve never seen a player like that guy before, and it’s shame that he never got to show fans on the field. I doubt he gets a shot due to past injuries and the charges, but he can play in the NFL.

If he can contribute on special teams or practice squad then he might get a shot as a free agent . . . but whether he gets that shot depends on whether he can show that he has something left at the Pro Day. A team like the Falcons might listen to a Tevin Coleman - or a Feeney out in San Diego - vouching for what you've just vouched for and take a look just to kick Patrick's tires . . . .

BTW, the Falcons have a dilemma on their hands. They've signed Devonte Freeman to a big contract and have Coleman coming up for his payday soon - maybe after this season. Plus their red zone offense has been lacking in part because their offensive line is more of a finesse/zone scheme type than a one-on-one power line. A guy like Patrick - when healthy - might provide some red zone punch and also allow them some flexibility regarding either Freeman or Coleman when the financial realities force their hand.

I do have one question for you: has the IU staff embraced Patrick in getting him ready for the Pro Day? I'd like to think that the family commitment extends a bit beyond just those guys who've made names for themselves during games . . . and Patrick's story is a fairly compelling one that could provide some good karma for the program.

Reactions: vesuvius13

He deserves a break and a fair shot.
I’m pulling for him bigly.

Patrick was so hyped by Wilson that he built up expectations of fans. It was a Mike Davis “help is on the way” routine.

Coach Lesson #1 - Don’t talk up a practice player in the media before he even hits the playing field. Kind of unfair to the kid too.

That said, hope somebody takes a flyer on him.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Patrick was so hyped by Wilson that he built up expectations of fans. It was a Mike Davis “help is on the way” routine.

Coach Lesson #1 - Don’t talk up a practice player in the media before he even hits the playing field. Kind of unfair to the kid too.

That said, hope somebody takes a flyer on him.

Every kid is different. Maybe Patrick was getting discouraged, homesick, etc and Wilson wanted to boost his morale. Painting this with a broad brush isn't fair to either.

Every kid is different. Maybe Patrick was getting discouraged, homesick, etc and Wilson wanted to boost his morale. Painting this with a broad brush isn't fair to either.
And Wilson legit felt that way about Patrick because if you recall, he rarely talked anyone up in the media. His lines would typically go something like “oh yeah that guy passed for 400 yards, but he missed a comeback route, he needs to get better.” Lol. So for Wilson to talk about a guy who hadnt played yet, it means he meant it and couldn’t control the excitement about getting him on the field. It’s legitimate when it comes from CKW because he isn’t one to talk up anyone, even guys who played on the field.

If he can contribute on special teams or practice squad then he might get a shot as a free agent . . . but whether he gets that shot depends on whether he can show that he has something left at the Pro Day. A team like the Falcons might listen to a Tevin Coleman - or a Feeney out in San Diego - vouching for what you've just vouched for and take a look just to kick Patrick's tires . . . .

BTW, the Falcons have a dilemma on their hands. They've signed Devonte Freeman to a big contract and have Coleman coming up for his payday soon - maybe after this season. Plus their red zone offense has been lacking in part because their offensive line is more of a finesse/zone scheme type than a one-on-one power line. A guy like Patrick - when healthy - might provide some red zone punch and also allow them some flexibility regarding either Freeman or Coleman when the financial realities force their hand.

I do have one question for you: has the IU staff embraced Patrick in getting him ready for the Pro Day? I'd like to think that the family commitment extends a bit beyond just those guys who've made names for themselves during games . . . and Patrick's story is a fairly compelling one that could provide some good karma for the program.
Patrick has been allowed to work out in IU's facilities, but he has his own trainer and mainly works out at another facility in Indy. Kid is so athletic is scary. He will test well no question.

Would love to see him hit it out of the park at IU day. His home life was not easy, little bro has had issues. Would love to see him overcome...would almost be out of the movies if he does. Good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT