ADVERTISEMENT

CAM Losing It

I'm not referring to that one, Neil Reed, Andre Patterson, Charlie Miller, Jason Collier … ring a bell?

I do. I just don't recall them being called "the movement" as the 2011 (?) class was.

Please go somewhere else, you obviously care nothing about talking basketball and just insult people or suggest you're sleeping in your Mom's basement. I don't care if we agree or not, or you think I'm a dick whatever, but nothing you post has anything to do with basketball other than I guess your flip attitude to losing

cool story. Now type “accountability” 500 times and call it a day. Terrific insight!

Go back to GBI and analyze your own 15-14 team. Let us figure out what's wrong with our 18-10 team on our own.

Look, Purdue isn't a good basketball team, no doubt about it, not throwing any shade here....glass houses and all, but that WAS an interesting exchange between those coaches to any basketball fan.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Look, Purdue isn't a good basketball team, no doubt about it, not throwing any shade here....glass houses and all, but that WAS an interesting exchange between those coaches to any basketball fan.
Lots of frustration among them. Pretty clear that something isn’t working.

I saw two coaches gesticulating together over the same piss-pour play they just witnessed. If I had been sitting on the bench with them, I would have looked the same way. Do you see some deeper, perhaps more sinister meaning in the exchange, as a Purdue fan that you be?

I saw two coaches gesticulating together over the same piss-pour play they just witnessed. If I had been sitting on the bench with them, I would have looked the same way. Do you see some deeper, perhaps more sinister meaning in the exchange, as a Purdue fan that you be?
They were clearly yelling at each other, not in unison at some “piss-pour (sic) play they had just witnessed.”

Nothing sinister, just discord regarding what they should be doing instead of how the players should be executing it.

Looks like he cares. Not a prick. I personally like the fire in his belly. I just wish the team would show the same.
Fire in his belly (and fire in the bellies of all the players) would not have corrected the 4 IU shots I saw in the first half of the Purdue game that went over the rim and hit the backboard on the other side!

Some of them missed the rim entirely by more than a foot. Hell, I can do that.

Our problem is weak guard play. We know our guards are below average shooters, even when they are open, so guard shooting was not a promising option to win the game. We also know that Purdue was collapsing on our front line, so lobbing it into the bigs wasn't promising either.

So, what scoring option was left? I can think of only one -- one (or more) of our guards should have tried to drive to the basket, realizing that he was likely to get clobbered and either draw a foul or get a basket. A few extra fouls in the first half would have necessarily changed Purdue's defense (as we saw from the concerned reactions of Haarms and Boudreau when they finally got some fouls in the second half.

But it takes strong-minded guards to do this. Our guards seemed unwilling to go to the basket without both their therapists and their mommies. Really wish they would grow up (here's a hint guys -- the NBA you dream of is even rougher. Sack up.)

MD always seemed to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown . He was in over his head at IU and probably would have benefited in his learning curve had he started at a smaller school. Following CBK would have been impossible for almost anyone.
CMD comes across as a good person and has a spotless reputation all good things just not a great coach.

He's a better coach than we currently have and could recruit. I'd bring him back in a heartbeat if that meant Archie would go away. He's already turning into a worse version of Crean for God sake! Our team is terrible and no 1 player is going to fix that in one year. I'd love to have a player like Lander, but it's just not worth the consequences of an Archie extension. He's done zero, absolutely zero to suggest he needs more time or latitude and more millions while under performing in really all aspects. Seriously, Lander must have felt some back-off from the other bluebloods to have Archie sell him one year on what might be an even worse product than we have now. Bobby Cremins, Archie is not, and his gimmick D doesn't work in the B10. I only see worse ahead. I hate to say it, but if this and expecting Lander to walk in the room and save the situation 2 years from now with a worse roster, they absolutely need to fire Archie this year. His roster management is terrible, kept what he shouldn't have, got mistakes mostly, hit one or two home runs on local talent, but on balance he doesn't recruit well. This gimmick D is dreadfull, just recruit decent players that can defend. There is only one team ever Syracuse, that does it that way and does it well, and to be honest a zone is not a gimmick D, this packline crap is garbage. It's embarrassing, this is not Dayton, we shouldn't be running that, we should be able to recruit better. Rant again, but I really think Archie's brand of basketball affects my sanity and blood pressure, I wish we'd cut ties Lander situation considered and included in rationale

Last edited:
His behavior embarrassing, you can earn that latitude after 20 years and 3 NCAA titles. Never getting to the tourney, that doesn't cut in my mind. He might be in better shape had he started this in year 1!
Nah i love seeing him get that fired up.

Reactions: IUXC68
His behavior embarrassing, you can earn that latitude after 20 years and 3 NCAA titles. Never getting to the tourney, that doesn't cut in my mind. He might be in better shape had he started this in year 1!

His behavior is not embarrassing. The play of the team is embarrassing

Thank you for sharing those videos. Both, I think, will prove to be classics. That said, I still have no idea what they are jawing about...what particular play, or even what it was that they said to each other so vehemently. Yes, it could have been an argument of disagreement, but also an argument in mutual agreement that a certain player isn't where he was supposed to be, or whatever. Maybe Archie will shed light on the exchange during his weekly radio show. Maybe we'll never know, but even if they were in disagreement, that doesn't mean it wasn't something healthy for the team. I like passion in my coaches-that's what I grew up with and have come to expect. Knight was a master at it as a means of getting his way. PU's Keady was frequently seen abusing his sport coat, ripping it off and throwing it into the stands in disgust-it became his trademark, other than the comb-over. Clip boards work, too, for Archie. I wish our players would get as pissed off as our coaches.

Embarrassing? Embarrassing is Mike Davis running out to confront a referee standing at mid-court in dispute of a call during a home game with Kentucky. This was right after Knight was fired for being overly aggressive.

I don't when it's irrational, immature, and he doesn't do any in game coaching to fix what's annoying him. I can scream at my TV for 3.5M too ya know!

Move over IUSCOTT, we’ve found the new you. Holy crap. So much dumbness in one post. A lifetime of cognitive dysfunction summed up in 30 words. Staggering. F***** sublime really. The alien archeologists who dig up our civilization in 10,000 years or so may find this post in some frozen server somewhere . They’ll study it. They’ll try to put it into context. They’ll write papers about it and will likely debate its meaning endlessly. “Why couldn’t this species outrun their primate brains?” they’ll wonder. Thank you, go_iu, for your contribution to all living things. And a special shout out to Rivals for saving this for posterity. we’re all truly humbled to just be a part of this experience. Lolz.

cool story. Now type “accountability” 500 times and call it a day. Terrific insight!
Iv'e got a better suggestion for you, GO **** YOURSELF!!! and keep your non-basketball related opinions off here. You do nothing to talk about basketball and offer nothing other than praising losing and insult people, so I'll shovel some of your bullshit back at you. Leave, why do you get on here to not talk basketball? I wish there was a punch button, your ilk, your commentary is just disgusting and it's obvious you don't know anything about basketball or care to discuss it, so be gone, bother people on Facebook or something. You have actually taken the level of stupid this forum to new heights. If you don't care about basketball, why are you on here? I mean if you really appreciate losing /bad play so much, consider a move to Athens

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyser123
Iv'e got a better suggestion for you, GO **** YOURSELF!!! and keep your non-basketball related opinions off here. You do nothing to talk about basketball and offer nothing other than praising losing and insult people, so I'll shovel some of your bullshit back at you. Leave, why do you get on here to not talk basketball? I wish there was a punch button, your ilk, your commentary is just disgusting and it's obvious you don't know anything about basketball or care to discuss it, so be gone, bother people on Facebook or something. You have actually taken the level of stupid this forum to new heights. If you don't care about basketball, why are you on here? I mean if you really appreciate losing /bad play so much, consider a move to Athens

weird because I feel like I post about our basketball coach and our basketball team all the time. Do I talk nuts and bolts? Not often. Lots of folks here know the game better than me. You and the flesh-bots you roll with know that feeling too, right? RIGHT? Lol. I do know what it’s like to be an IU fan and not be a total idiot. My meager contribution. You post dumb shit, I point to it. As they say, you are who you are in life.

weird because I feel like I post about our basketball coach and our basketball team all the time. Do I talk nuts and bolts? Not often. Lots of folks here know the game better than me. You and the flesh-bots you roll with know that feeling too, right? RIGHT? Lol. I do know what it’s like to be an IU fan and not be a total idiot. My meager contribution. You post dumb shit, I point to it. As they say, you are who you are in life.
For the record , your posts always go high on the dumb and arrogant meters. Clearly think very highly of yourself. You rarely offer any basketball related posts. Usually just smug name calling , and over the top assumptions about others, which in fact make you an idiot.

For the record , your posts always go high on the dumb and arrogant meters. Clearly think very highly of yourself. You rarely offer any basketball related posts. Usually just smug name calling , and over the top assumptions about others, which in fact make you an idiot.

assumptions? Your repetitive idiocy is public record. Lol.

Please go somewhere else, you obviously care nothing about talking basketball and just insult people or suggest you're sleeping in your Mom's basement. I don't care if we agree or not, or you think I'm a dick whatever, but nothing you post has anything to do with basketball other than I guess your flip attitude to losing
Bro, you are the dumbass that didn’t even know IU got a commitment from Lander. You whined how IU could never get a commitment from a player like Lander after he committed! You were called out and hid. Here you are a few days later acting like you know something about basketball? You should be embarrassed and take my advice....read and learn, stop posting.

Reactions: hondo314 and Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT