ADVERTISEMENT

CAM Losing It

The coach to Archie's left in one of the heated arguments, (white shirt and blue tie), if you didn't know better and saw the spat you would think he is the head coach and he was flabbergasted as to why his assistant coach (Archie) didn't understand what was going on.

dumb. Like you have any idea what you were seeing. Lolololz.

says the day dummy who thought we’d be hanging banners in year three. Lol. Duuuuumb.

Banners?
Shit, man. I just want to beat our in-state rival once in a blue moon and finish higher than 11th place.

I don’t expect Little Napoleon to hang a banner just yet. Leave that to a more developed coach.

Reactions: Kyser123
Sooo low

lol

zzzzzzz

Please go somewhere else, you obviously care nothing about talking basketball and just insult people or suggest you're sleeping in your Mom's basement. I don't care if we agree or not, or you think I'm a dick whatever, but nothing you post has anything to do with basketball other than I guess your flip attitude to losing

Reactions: birdforbogey
.....and that’s where the comparison stops. Personalities aside, Archie couldn’t carry RMK’s clipboard on a good day.
Neither could 99% of coaches.
The next Knight is not walking thru that door. The reason is, they don't exist.
As long as we continue to compare the coach to Knight- we are going to be disappointed.
Most of the emotional folks have no idea how good we had it.
This constant complaining after every loss (with no real talk as to what really happened in the game) shows the lack of basketball intelligence on this board.

Neither could 99% of coaches.
The next Knight is not walking thru that door. The reason is, they don't exist.
As long as we continue to compare the coach to Knight- we are going to be disappointed.
Most of the emotional folks have no idea how good we had it.
This constant complaining after every loss (with no real talk as to what really happened in the game) shows the lack of basketball intelligence on this board.

That is true, but why are we paying a top 10 salary for lackluster recruiting and results 3 years in. Yes he just got Lander, but do you give him a 5 year extension to make sure 1 5 star player shows up for 1 year? If we are now acceptive of double digit loss seasons and clamoring to just make the tourney we might as well have let MD grow into the job. He was a hell of a lot better than Crean or Archie

That is true, but why are we paying a top 10 salary for lackluster recruiting and results 3 years in. Yes he just got Lander, but do you give him a 5 year extension to make sure 1 5 star player shows up for 1 year? If we are now acceptive of double digit loss seasons and clamoring to just make the tourney we might as well have let MD grow into the job. He was a hell of a lot better than Crean or Archie

I haven't seen many...if any IU fans finding the current W/L results acceptable. They are not. I don't see where this notion comes from. Davis is a great guy but was never going to get it done at IU. AM may be more of the same...my assessment to come as promised.

Reactions: bang63
I haven't seen many...if any IU fans finding the current W/L results acceptable. They are not. I don't see where this notion comes from. Davis is a great guy but was never going to get it done at IU. AM may be more of the same...my assessment to come as promised.

I can remember when RMK was having 20-12 in the 90's seasons and people were calling him a dinosaur and wanting him out. He had a "movement class" too that was supposed to return us to glory, but was largely a bust too, shit sadly I think half of that class is actually dead unbelievably. Them just making the tourney talk is just too much for me to handle, maybe it's OK for those that only know IU since Crean year's, it will never be acceptable for me though when we have made the financial commitment to expect better. MD made like what 400K? Results NC title game that we blew and should have won in year 2! Was I a fan of his coaching, no, but way better results than just hoping to make the tourney and the effort was usually there.

I can remember when RMK was having 20-12 in the 90's seasons and people were calling him a dinosaur and wanting him out. He had a "movement class" too that was supposed to return us to glory, but was largely a bust too, shit sadly I think half of that class is actually dead unbelievably. Them just making the tourney talk is just too much for me to handle, maybe it's OK for those that only know IU since Crean year's, it will never be acceptable for me though when we have made the financial commitment to expect better. MD made like what 400K? Results NC title game that we blew and should have won in year 2! Was I a fan of his coaching, no, but way better results than just hoping to make the tourney and the effort was usually there.

As I said nobody I know is accepting the results. Not to nitpick but "The Movement" was not a BK class.

MD always seemed to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown . He was in over his head at IU and probably would have benefited in his learning curve had he started at a smaller school. Following CBK would have been impossible for almost anyone.
CMD comes across as a good person and has a spotless reputation all good things just not a great coach.

Some will say otherwise, but the expectations are lower for many here. Just the way it is.

MD always seemed to be on the verge of an emotional breakdown . He was in over his head at IU and probably would have benefited in his learning curve had he started at a smaller school. Following CBK would have been impossible for almost anyone.
CMD comes across as a good person and has a spotless reputation all good things just not a great coach.

I felt for him...difficult spot to be in. He is a great guy that endured some BS from some bigots.

Great guy who, while overmatched, did his best. Some of the nonsensetwo he endured was ridiculous.

Some will say otherwise, but the expectations are lower for many here. Just the way it is.
I cannot stand the lowered expectations, it's been so long that I think they don't know, probably not even remember 2002? Maybe I'm old, maybe I shouldn't care, but I kinda think that when the University is paying for a good result, it should get one, or fire this loser. I'm not going to cry over the 10M we've paid him to suck. I mean really, this went south last year, let's be honest … it's really hard to lose 12-13 with an NBA lottery pick and all B10 player, and he did, he lost the team, it's not coming back until he goes, no Crean 2.0. All the while sweeping MSU, it's a leadership problem, no amount of talent or recruiting wins, which he's not very good at either … we get 1 every year to UK, KU, Duke and UNC's 5. Lander for 1 year is NOT worth dispending of this mess ASAP! IU used to play with heart, even when you thought we might be overmatched, we'd show. This clown show has to end, who cares about Lander? Nothing is going to change, till we conclude that fixing of major f-up

Last edited:
The coach to Archie's left in one of the heated arguments, (white shirt and blue tie), if you didn't know better and saw the spat you would think he is the head coach and he was flabbergasted as to why his assistant coach (Archie) didn't understand what was going on.
Go back to GBI and analyze your own 15-14 team. Let us figure out what's wrong with our 18-10 team on our own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT