ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Jones

Cam showed last season, before getting injured, he can be a play maker and has the speed to get the job done. I wish him well, I wish he had another year at IU, and gets the job done in practice to show his skills in the game.

It’s unfortunate he was hurt last year because he had the chance to show that his ‘21 play wasn’t just because he played next to Micah.

I imagine he’ll be an UDFA based on lack of experience. But I also think he’ll be a roster add for someone, and a good deal.

It’s unfortunate he was hurt last year because he had the chance to show that his ‘21 play wasn’t just because he played next to Micah.

I imagine he’ll be an UDFA based on lack of experience. But I also think he’ll be a roster add for someone, and a good deal.
Potential UDFA are not invited to the Senior Bowl

Potential UDFA are not invited to the Senior Bowl
There are several 6th, 7th, & UDFAs that play in the Senior Bowl. Anyone that far down is certainly at least potential UDFA.

I could be way off, but it's my prediction for him nonetheless.

Reactions: vesuvius13
it all depends on how he runs. He's got to run in the 4.5s with a 1.65 or less 10 split

Interesting note all senior bowl off ball lbs in 2022 were drafted but 4. 3 of the 4 non-drafted ran over 4.6

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Day 2 practice notes I found today:

- Indiana LB Cam Jones wasn't super notable today.

During the individual period, Grady Brown took him aside and was coaching him up on how to zone drop with the tight ends going up the seam. He didn't show much juice in terms of power or moves blitzing. He had some decent coverage reps in 1-on-1s but was more grabby than you'd like to see. He was in the same boat as the rest of the group in terms of getting eaten up once OL got hands-on. He is a high-energy player though constantly tapping teammates' helmets and dapping them up. On Stanford CB Kyu Blu Kelly's INT, Jones was the first to meet him in the end zone.

- Non-tackling practices but on a 3rd and 7 "gotta have it" moment, Indiana LB Cam Jones (6011, 227) made the stop a yard shy of the sticks, tripping up the receiver and taking him tot he ground. National Team defense had plenty of energy today.

Day 2 practice notes I found today:

- Indiana LB Cam Jones wasn't super notable today.

During the individual period, Grady Brown took him aside and was coaching him up on how to zone drop with the tight ends going up the seam. He didn't show much juice in terms of power or moves blitzing. He had some decent coverage reps in 1-on-1s but was more grabby than you'd like to see. He was in the same boat as the rest of the group in terms of getting eaten up once OL got hands-on. He is a high-energy player though constantly tapping teammates' helmets and dapping them up. On Stanford CB Kyu Blu Kelly's INT, Jones was the first to meet him in the end zone.

- Non-tackling practices but on a 3rd and 7 "gotta have it" moment, Indiana LB Cam Jones (6011, 227) made the stop a yard shy of the sticks, tripping up the receiver and taking him tot he ground. National Team defense had plenty of energy today.
I am sure he needs work to take the rust off after not practicing or playing for several months now. His talent needs to shine through and he needs to keep playing hard through practice. Some players do much better in padded drills with live tackling.

Stoney Keeley if SoBros network wrote

LB Cam Jones – I was studying another linebacker, and Jones just kept grabbing my attention for his heady play, but also his propensity to crash on a play. He’s a violent runner that I’d imagine you don’t want to meet in the open field.

Stoney Keeley if SoBros network wrote

LB Cam Jones – I was studying another linebacker, and Jones just kept grabbing my attention for his heady play, but also his propensity to crash on a play. He’s a violent runner that I’d imagine you don’t want to meet in the open field.
A good report about Cam and that is the way he was playing before getting injured.

Yes, Colts don’t sign a lot of local talent, and I’m OK with that.
It's kind of surprising considering the talent throughout the state that you don't see more home grown talent at least in camp.

Does anyone know how often colts scouts are at any of the P5 teams here in state?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Jake Burns of OBR has mocked Cam in the 4th round

Still looking to solve the long-term MIKE linebacker role in this scenario, Jones is an option they should consider despite being 23 at the draft and turning 24 in late-October. In 2021 Jones logged playing time in 11 games and logged 57 tackles, 17 assists, and 35 stops. While in coverage he made three pass breakups. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included six hurries, four quarterback hits, and two sacks on the season. In 2022 Jones played in just five games due to an injury. he tallied 37 tackles, 15 assists, and 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied eight total pressures, which included three hurries, three quarterback hits, and two sacks on the season. Good body fit with strong athleticism on tape to play with range in the middle and a promising closing speed when deciphering scheme.

Jake Burns of OBR has mocked Cam in the 4th round

Still looking to solve the long-term MIKE linebacker role in this scenario, Jones is an option they should consider despite being 23 at the draft and turning 24 in late-October. In 2021 Jones logged playing time in 11 games and logged 57 tackles, 17 assists, and 35 stops. While in coverage he made three pass breakups. As a pass rusher, he tallied 12 total pressures, which included six hurries, four quarterback hits, and two sacks on the season. In 2022 Jones played in just five games due to an injury. he tallied 37 tackles, 15 assists, and 24 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied eight total pressures, which included three hurries, three quarterback hits, and two sacks on the season. Good body fit with strong athleticism on tape to play with range in the middle and a promising closing speed when deciphering scheme.

What a great player and kid. Went through a tremendous amount during his time with us and deserves every success going forward.

Looking forward to see where he ends up. I think he can play for sure. Physically impressive.

Never quite understood the extended injury though.

official numbers I haven't seen yet but unofficial 4.76 40 with a 1.62 10 yard split

Official came in 4.69

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT