ADVERTISEMENT

Called the loss last week

Might have been the easiest thing I did all week. I mean honestly...are you shocked we got beat by cough...Rutgers?!

Give the guy a break. He’s frustrated about the ridiculousness we
Keep watching
I’m frustrated after this game too, but it didn’t make me make me proud. How many IU fans do you think would be proud of predicting an IU loss?

Reactions: MrBing
I’m frustrated after this game too, but it didn’t make me make me proud. How many IU fans do you think would be proud of predicting an IU loss?
Who said he’s proud, other than you? He’s simply saying he was able to see today’s loss coming. Many of us couldn’t understand the pride some here had last Spring when we finished tied for 10th in the BiG and were likely to slip into the tournament as one of the last teams invited. For some, that was a huge deal, even though it was a clear example of how far down the program is. They were proud of that C+ grade. Others want more. Why is that a problem?

You also said Iowa could roll us by 20+. Didnt see you bragging about that one.

Iowa played as bad as they played all year. I would bet on us getting beat by 20+ by them if we played them again. You’re happy with this crap on the floor? I love how you’re defending a team that obviously stinks with a coach who CAN’T coach. Keep living in your dream world

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
Who said he’s proud, other than you? He’s simply saying he was able to see today’s loss coming. Many of us couldn’t understand the pride some here had last Spring when we finished tied for 10th in the BiG and were likely to slip into the tournament as one of the last teams invited. For some, that was a huge deal, even though it was a clear example of how far down the program is. They were proud of that C+ grade. Others want more. Why is that a problem?

thanks for the back up. It’s good to see someone else that can’t obviously see the issues of this team

Iowa played as bad as they played all year. I would bet on us getting beat by 20+ by them if we played them again. You’re happy with this crap on the floor? I love how you’re defending a team that obviously stinks with a coach who CAN’T coach. Keep living in your dream world
Where have I defended anybody? Quit blowing smoke.

You've been here for 10 years and over 10 percent of your posts have come after you predicted an IU loss - after incorrectly predicting an IU loss by the way - so what got you suddenly engaged? Pride in getting one prediction right?

I would guess, unlike you and me, he doesn’t get on rivals very often. But since IU just played and lost he was venting his feelings that are shared by 90% of IU fans. So you can put down his fandom. Doesn’t change the fact that Archie is a dead man walking at this point unless we turn this thing completely around, and with each passing game in a covid year those odds are slipping and slipping.

Reactions: ncthomas31
I would guess, unlike you and me, he doesn’t get on rivals very often. But since IU just played and lost he was venting his feelings that are shared by 90% of IU fans. So you can put down his fandom. Doesn’t change the fact that Archie is a dead man walking at this point unless we turn this thing completely around, and with each passing game in a covid year those odds are slipping and slipping.
Yeah, you must be right. There has been very little to be frustrated with since 2008 until today.

I didn't get "pride" from the post. Just venting. Isn't that half of what these boards are about?? As down as I've been on CAM throughout his tenure and as much as I want him gone and yet another rebuild... I am less aggravated by this loss than most. Not sure why... maybe because it was so predictable. Maybe seeing Lander finally contribute? Not sure

I didn't get "pride" from the post. Just venting. Isn't that half of what these boards are about?? As down as I've been on CAM throughout his tenure and as much as I want him gone and yet another rebuild... I am less aggravated by this loss than most. Not sure why... maybe because it was so predictable. Maybe seeing Lander finally contribute? Not sure
There wasn’t any pride. It’s just a poster who wants to tell everyone else how to think and feel. The Miller defenders don’t have many arrows left.

Lander's play was encouraging. I don't put much stock in the venting of someone that has been here for 12 years and finds today's game to be the most frustrating of all of them since then. My most frustrating game was the game when Crean had the team cut down the nets after losing a game and backing into a Big Ten championship. That's the day I decided Crean probably wasn't going to be the coach we hoped he would be. Could you imagine Bob Knight doing that? I sure as hell can't.

this hit the nail on the head for me. Rivals message boards are quite on my top 10 to do list...some of us have lives

your best message....we are all unhappy with this product they call IU basketball. I’m willing to bet you remember the days of Cheney and other greats back then with Bobby. Unfortunately knights way of coaching, minus coach K,does not resonate well with kids these days. I bet y ok and I grew up in a completely different era then all these kids...the lack of basketball IQ is mind boggling. I vented and that’s what the whole post was about. I think we can all agree we’re frustrated period. I just don’t post very often unless a crappy loss catches me on a bad day like it did today.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
Lander's play was encouraging. I don't put much stock in the venting of someone that has been here for 12 years and finds today's game to be the most frustrating of all of them since then. My most frustrating game was the game when Crean had the team cut down the nets after losing a game and backing into a Big Ten championship. That's the day I decided Crean probably wasn't going to be the coach we hoped he would be. Could you imagine Bob Knight doing that? I sure as hell can't.
Crean hasn’t been the coach in 4 years. At least we had some moments with him at the helm. Our “moments” are agonizingly few with CAM. The major frustration is that the future looks so bleak with recruiting clearly dying

We hired a mid major guy with a UConn pedigree from Stony Brook who built this program from a laughing stock 5 years ago.

Enjoy writing Archie’s resume. Oh and how many years has it been since Indiana beat Purdue in hoops? Your a football school now.

We hired a mid major guy with a UConn pedigree from Stony Brook who built this program from a laughing stock 5 years ago.

Enjoy writing Archie’s resume. Oh and how many years has it been since Indiana beat Purdue in hoops? Your a football school now.
Dangerous ground
You tread

There wasn’t any pride. It’s just a poster who wants to tell everyone else how to think and feel. The Miller defenders don’t have many arrows left.
Says the guy who wants to tell other posters what they can and can't post. That's rich. You never fail to deliver when I decide to show ignored content.

Crean hasn’t been the coach in 4 years. At least we had some moments with him at the helm. Our “moments” are agonizingly few with CAM. The major frustration is that the future looks so bleak with recruiting clearly dying
Yep, I'm glad Crean is gone. I hated his style of basketball and I think he underachieved every year actually. I don't dislike Miller's style of ball, but I'm frustrated with the losses that should have been wins. He'll be here next year and if next year sucks, he's gone and I'll be fine with that. Things don't always work out.

Says the guy who wants to tell other posters what they can and can't post. That's rich. You never fail to deliver when I decide to show ignored content.
I’ve never told people what they can and can’t post. I was just calling out an extraordinarily dumb post that Aloha made saying the guy was “proud” of saying we would lose. It was stupid, but it’s emblematic of the lowered expectations that so many of you have for our program.

ADVERTISEMENT