ADVERTISEMENT

Call me crazy, I believe IU will win.

2 old 2 play

Benchwarmer
Jun 3, 2003
Call me crazy, I believe IU will win. IU seem to step up after a loss. I do not believe ILL can handle TJD. The game will be close but IU will pull it out in the end.

Reactions: Cutter1973
Call me crazy, I believe IU will win. IU seem to step up after a loss. I do not believe ILL can handle TJD. The game will be close but IU will pull it out in the end.

We can’t handle Cockburn either. He will be really irritating.

I hope you are right, as we are going to the game today. Unfortunately I don’t think we will. This is their best year in quite a while.

I hope you are right, as we are going to the game today. Unfortunately I don’t think we will. This is their best year in quite a while.
To be on the safe side don't spend too much money there. Bring Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches and eat them in the car. I'd just drink water, not bottled water, but tap water. You don't want to be heavily invested for this game today. I sure hope IU wins and you go out afterwards and eat a steak dinner.

No doubt. We live in Illini territory, going to the game with some very close friends (Illinois Fans):rolleyes:
I was a pastor in Illinois for six years. It boggled my mind how nobody talked about basketball especially when Illinois was playing for the National Championship against North Carolina. Now I didn't pastor near Champaign. I was Northwest of there. So perhaps it would have been different if I had.

How do you handle Cockburn?

71pruOWo9gL._SL1500_.jpg

Brad Underwood will copy Matt Painter’s defensive game plan of doubling in the post. I’d expect to see Underwood to give Bezhanishvili more minutes and pair him with Cockburn to shut down IU’s effort to feed Jackson-Davis in the post. Unless IU can find the open man to knock down perimeter jumpers, we’re looking at another loss.

YOU
Brad Underwood will copy Matt Painter’s defensive game plan of doubling in the post. I’d expect to see Underwood to give Bezhanishvili more minutes and pair him with Cockburn to shut down IU’s effort to feed Jackson-Davis in the post. Unless IU can find the open man to knock down perimeter jumpers, we’re looking at another loss.
may be right ,i'm hoping for 1 of Brunk's good game plus ILL have no answer for RACE.

I'm hoping our 3 big men.TJD,RACE and BRUNK..
I just don’t see TJD and Race having the experience to deal with Cockburn yet. Brunk has probably dealt with more Cockburn type situations with his past experience. I think Deron has the special sauce to handle Cockburn because he is the biggest man on campus.
I’ll be happy when Cockburn is out of our lives forever.

I was a pastor in Illinois for six years. It boggled my mind how nobody talked about basketball especially when Illinois was playing for the National Championship against North Carolina. Now I didn't pastor near Champaign. I was Northwest of there. So perhaps it would have been different if I had.

Dear Pastor:
I’m not sure what god forsaken corner of the State you were in, but the Chicago metro and Central Illinois areas were obsessed with Illini hoops. 40,000 fans showed up at their “practice” session in St. Louis before the FF.

Dear Pastor:
I’m not sure what god forsaken corner of the State you were in, but the Chicago metro and Central Illinois areas were obsessed with Illini hoops. 40,000 fans showed up at their “practice” session in St. Louis before the FF.
someone is triggered!! welcome

Dear Pastor:
probably because it's one out of 40 years to a final 4..

You are crazy. No offense but illinois is not minnesota.

I just don’t see TJD and Race having the experience to deal with Cockburn yet. Brunk has probably dealt with more Cockburn type situations with his past experience. I think Deron has the special sauce to handle Cockburn because he is the biggest man on campus.
I’ll be happy when Cockburn is out of our lives forever.
If that is the case,that leaves TJD free. GO IU.

Dear Pastor:
My parents and all my family are from Illinois. Many cousins went to Illinois. Several are IU fans. Some support Illini football. As my dad said after moving to Indiana in 1960, Illinois basketball was never special. IU basketball was the first college sports he followed. IU basketball was fanatical at the high school and college level. My cousin is a high school coach across the Wabash River and will agree Indiana high school basketball is better supported than Illinois.

Reactions: 2 old 2 play
My parents and all my family are from Illinois. Many cousins went to Illinois. Several are IU fans. Some support Illini football. As my dad said after moving to Indiana in 1960, Illinois basketball was never special. IU basketball was the first college sports he followed. IU basketball was fanatical at the high school and college level. My cousin is a high school coach across the Wabash River and will agree Indiana high school basketball is better supported than Illinois.
Thats funny I went to Vincennes,My son and grand son played for SB Riley . GO IU.

Not a horrible matchup, but they've had trouble against big, strong guys. Cockburn is 290lbs. DeRon and/or Brunk will have to play well. Illinois doesn't have anyone who can guard Smith, if he is aggressive (not with the jumpshot or weak game). I certainly give them a chance to win, as Illinois isn't a good 3 point shooting team and does not force a lot of TO's. It'll be tough...

Not a horrible matchup, but they've had trouble against big, strong guys. Cockburn is 290lbs. DeRon and/or Brunk will have to play well. Illinois doesn't have anyone who can guard Smith, if he is aggressive (not with the jumpshot or weak game). I certainly give them a chance to win, as Illinois isn't a good 3 point shooting team and does not force a lot of TO's. It'll be tough...
MAYBE DG will have 1 of his crazy games....lol. Kockburn can not guard both Brunk and TJD.

That was CERTAINLY the exception then ... even here in Chicago (tons of transplants), that Illini team was front page news every day, and people were on board.

Next season we will win some games like this one. But this team just isn’t capable. Too offensively challenged.

Very tough to win consistently on the road in B10. You have to be a very good and consistent team. We are not yet. But I hope we win!

Reactions: 2 old 2 play
ADVERTISEMENT