ADVERTISEMENT

california

kingmanite

Freshman
Jun 5, 2012
has taken the first steps to split into 2 states leaving the coastal regions as one and the rest of the state as one. Comments.

I read three states. And getting 365,880 signatures seems a bit ambitious.

My question is why? Its the richest state in the nation. If it aint broke…

It's one rich guy who tried this in 2014 and failed miserably. Then he wanted 6 states. He claims the size and diversity of interests make it ungovernable. The state has been doing great economically, so I am somewhat doubtful.

Three states would give the Democrats 6 Senators instead of 2, and with it 4 more EC votes. That said, the Democratic Party opposes the division.

It's one rich guy who tried this in 2014 and failed miserably. Then he wanted 6 states. He claims the size and diversity of interests make it ungovernable. The state has been doing great economically, so I am somewhat doubtful.

Three states would give the Democrats 6 Senators instead of 2, and with it 4 more EC votes. That said, the Democratic Party opposes the division.

Don't have time to wade through that mess, but are you certain the GOP wouldn't be in position to win 1 of those 3 states. Outside the big cities, Cal isn't all liberal.

has taken the first steps to split into 2 states leaving the coastal regions as one and the rest of the state as one. Comments.

Home-Alone.jpg

Reactions: MrBing
Don't have time to wade through that mess, but are you certain the GOP wouldn't be in position to win 1 of those 3 states. Outside the big cities, Cal isn't all liberal.
Looking at the map of the last presidential election in Calif by dividing into 2 states as proposed the pubs could pick up 2 senate seats. Not saying just looking at the map as proposed.

Seems to be a different group/individual this time around.

Lol! The author of that article is just following up with conservative bullshit to counter the state wide front page news from last Thursday, that California is projecting a $6.1 billion surplus this year. This, while including many liberal proposals such as corrections/prison reform, creating a state wide on line community college system, and $3 billion additional funds going toward a K-12 program aimed at helping the states neediest students.

Jerry Brown inherited a $25 billion deficit seven years ago, and will see a $6 billion surplus this year. He has Democratic super majorities in the state legislature and senate.

The biggest financial problem we have is deciding what to do with all that cash. Brown, by the way, wants to limit new spending and keep $3 billion in a rainy day fund to weather a future recession. The Pubs want tax cuts, of course.

I would provide a link, but conservatives would consider an Associated Press or Sacramento Bee article fake news.

California toys with the idea of succession periodically, because we get tired of carrying the free loading conservative states on our back.

Looking at the map of the last presidential election in Calif by dividing into 2 states as proposed the pubs could pick up 2 senate seats. Not saying just looking at the map as proposed.
Republicans are going to be hard pressed to pick up seats anywhere as long as Trump is the so called president.

Lol! The author of that article is just following up with conservative bullshit to counter the state wide front page news from last Thursday, that California is projecting a $6.1 billion surplus this year. This, while including many liberal proposals such as corrections/prison reform, creating a state wide on line community college system, and $3 billion additional funds going toward a K-12 program aimed at helping the states neediest students.

Jerry Brown inherited a $25 billion deficit seven years ago, and will see a $6 billion surplus this year. He has Democratic super majorities in the state legislature and senate.

The biggest financial problem we have is deciding what to do with all that cash. Brown, by the way, wants to limit new spending and keep $3 billion in a rainy day fund to weather a future recession. The Pubs want tax cuts, of course.

I would provide a link, but conservatives would consider an Associated Press or Sacramento Bee article fake news.

California toys with the idea of succession periodically, because we get tired of carrying the free loading conservative states on our back.
So, no problems with homeless people, gangs, traffic, crime? J/S, we don't have razor wire on our street signs in Indiana.

You currently have a movement within the state that wants nothing to do with the coastal areas around L.A. and S.F. I highly doubt those people are going to want to follow the urban centers in that small sliver of the state off a cliff.

So you secede and lose your water, your access to U.S. banks, all the social security your inhabitants are currently entitled to, all federal funds, all military support, any military installations in the area...good luck with that. Those businesses that are in California would quickly be looking to relocate to get all of that back and your new country becomes one of those shitholes. You'd be begging to come back in a decade.

That article is pathetic in its partisanship.
True. The numbers are good enough to prove a point. I don't understand the pride folks have that their state has managed to confiscate so much money from its citizens in the form of taxes so as to have billions in "surplus". Simultaneously, the burgeoning homeless problem statewide is growing to now include hundreds of millions in property losses from the recent fires which began in their camps.

The leftist mantra of unfair income distribution apparently doesn't play in the Golden State, where there are very rich folks and the very poor, with a hole in the middle. Plenty of peace and love if you can afford it. At least until the corps. who do business there get tired of footing the bill.

Cali is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't live there again for all the sweet tea in the Carolinas.

So, no problems with homeless people, gangs, traffic, crime? J/S, we don't have razor wire on our street signs in Indiana.

Every place has its problems, and pockets of gangs are everywhere in the country. San Francisco and LA have a homeless problem, and that would be where I would spend (if I were to spend at all) the budget surplus. I’m just a fan of Jerry Brown. If he were 15 years younger, he’d make a great president. No nonsense, tells it like it is to leftists that want to spend the surplus on health care for illegals, and conservatives alike. Tough on crime. When he was mayor of Oakland, he drove to a nightclub that had just had a shooting in the parking lot 30 minutes prior, and stood there in a dangerous part of town, admonishing the kids to not accept this bullsh$t. This was done his last week in office. Crime in the city seemed to literally spike the day he left.

Reactions: sglowrider
You currently have a movement within the state that wants nothing to do with the coastal areas around L.A. and S.F. I highly doubt those people are going to want to follow the urban centers in that small sliver of the state off a cliff.

So you secede and lose your water, your access to U.S. banks, all the social security your inhabitants are currently entitled to, all federal funds, all military support, any military installations in the area...good luck with that. Those businesses that are in California would quickly be looking to relocate to get all of that back and your new country becomes one of those shitholes. You'd be begging to come back in a decade.

Valid points. I’m not for secession, that’s crazy talk. I do think we deserve more influence in the senate than say Montana or Nebraska.

Every place has its problems, and pockets of gangs are everywhere in the country. San Francisco and LA have a homeless problem, and that would be where I would spend (if I were to spend at all) the budget surplus. I’m just a fan of Jerry Brown. If he were 15 years younger, he’d make a great president. No nonsense, tells it like it is to leftists that want to spend the surplus on health care for illegals, and conservatives alike. Tough on crime. When he was mayor of Oakland, he drove to a nightclub that had just had a shooting in the parking lot 30 minutes prior, and stood there in a dangerous part of town, admonishing the kids to not accept this bullsh$t. This was done his last week in office. Crime in the city seemed to literally spike the day he left.
Governor Tom Crean.

Reactions: Lucy01
True. The numbers are good enough to prove a point. I don't understand the pride folks have that their state has managed to confiscate so much money from its citizens in the form of taxes so as to have billions in "surplus". Simultaneously, the burgeoning homeless problem statewide is growing to now include hundreds of millions in property losses from the recent fires which began in their camps.

The leftist mantra of unfair income distribution apparently doesn't play in the Golden State, where there are very rich folks and the very poor, with a hole in the middle. Plenty of peace and love if you can afford it. At least until the corps. who do business there get tired of footing the bill.

Cali is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't live there again for all the sweet tea in the Carolinas.
Find me a large, thriving city in the world that isn’t high in a GINI coefficient and I’ll grant you a unicorn. The larger a city gets the worse its GINI gets. It’s the nature of the beast. To say this is a result of leftist policies is to blame Newton for gravity.

Reactions: Zizkov
Find me a large, thriving city in the world that isn’t high in a GINI coefficient and I’ll grant you a unicorn. The larger a city gets the worse its GINI gets. It’s the nature of the beast. To say this is a result of leftist policies is to blame Newton for gravity.
Sure, Newton got credit for gravity, but it was all downhill after that.

Reactions: Lucy01

Let me give you the republibot response to anything about California. “It’s welfare state. Taxes are too high.”

Reactions: Morrison
I keep hearing that Mother Nature continues to make slow progress toward dividing the coastal areas from the rest of the state anyway.

Valid points. I’m not for secession, that’s crazy talk. I do think we deserve more influence in the senate than say Montana or Nebraska.
No one advocates secession. They advocate spliting and creating the 51st state in the deal. American state, not another country.

How about bullet holes in signs in Indiana, say this one? Or is that OK?
10799787_G.jpg
It's not ok anywhere. However, it's a little on the nose and I wouldn't be surprised if the damage to that billboard wasn't perpetrated by a lefty trying to stir the pot. Ya know, fool me once...

It's not ok anywhere. However, it's a little on the nose and I wouldn't be surprised if the damage to that billboard wasn't perpetrated by a lefty trying to stir the pot. Ya know, fool me once...
As soon as you start suggesting false flags, it's time for some consideration that maybe you're just plain wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT