ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Furst

HurryinHoosiers

Benchwarmer
Mar 16, 2019
Izzo and Fife, Painter, Roy Williams and the Illini coach all in attendance tonight in the Fort. No IU coaches to my knowledge.

.....but don’t worry I’m sure Archie can take 3 star players and get us to final four consistently

We gotta win something before any of these dudes that weren’t in love with IU as a kid will come here (tjd). Romeo was a shoe fiasco that dropped him in our lap, no other 5 stars will sniff us until we win. We have really sucked the last decade. These kids only know tom cream and the crap fest that has been IU basketball for the last 15 years.

God forbid they see opportunity to play early. Players look at schools for different reasons.

We gotta win something before any of these dudes that weren’t in love with IU as a kid will come here (tjd). Romeo was a shoe fiasco that dropped him in our lap, no other 5 stars will sniff us until we win. We have really sucked the last decade. These kids only know tom cream and the crap fest that has been IU basketball for the last 15 years.
Right, what has Juwan Howard won at Michigan? He has #4 class.

So players see Purdue and Butler as being more attractive than IU thus their higher ranking than us.

Winning never hurts, but it's up to the Coach to create the narrative he sells to prospects. Go back and look at the 5* commitment lists for the last few years. Yes, Duke, UK and UNC dominate, but there are also plenty of schools that haven't won squat over the last 20 years (UW, Miami, LSU, TN, Auburn, UGA, FSU, etc...) and that don't have the historical or national prominence in bball that IU does. It can be done. If Archie can't do it, have the new AD call me!

Last edited:
Reactions: cryano
Winning never hurts, but it's up to the Coach to create the narrative he sells to prospects. Go back and look at the 5* commitment lists for the last few years. Yes, Duke, UK and UNC dominate, but there are also plenty of schools that haven't won squat over the last 20 years (UW, Miami, LSU, TN, Auburn, FSU, etc...) and that don't have the historical or national prominence in bball that IU does. It can be done. If Archie can't do it, have the new AD call me!
Those schools are all cheating haven’t you heard from the Apologists that’s why we can’t get elite players.

Dude Washington University got 2 five stars this year u saying players recognize that school over IU?

Caleb Furst 25 points
Luke Goode 19 points
First I’d seen of Goode though I don’t follow recruiting too closely outside this forum.

Impressive. Good height, great left hand, solid jump shot (though slight tendency to lean back). Sat out most of the 3rd due to fouls or probably would’ve had more.

What’s our status on him?

Reactions: kkott
First I’d seen of Goode though I don’t follow recruiting too closely outside this forum.

Impressive. Good height, great left hand, solid jump shot (though slight tendency to lean back). Sat out most of the 3rd due to fouls or probably would’ve had more.

When we fail on Furst, Lander and Kaufman we will probably have to offer him

We're recruiting him, but further down on the board then others. Doesn't have a offer.

Reactions: DiscoBriscoe
Talked to him.and took a photo together outside of Southport high school..At the tip off tournament.
Gave him the quick ..Love to see you in Bloomington story..He just laughed. As his mom was waiting on him..I want him. Much much more than Lander..

Talked to him.and took a photo together outside of Southport high school..At the tip off tournament.
Gave him the quick ..Love to see you in Bloomington story..He just laughed. As his mom was waiting on him..I want him. Much much more than Lander..
According to recruiting 247 Furst is 100% Sparty.

Maybe you should tell that to Roy Williams and Painter and any other coach recruiting him. You are the biggest douchebag on the internet. The entire World Wide Web. Fn looser get a life.
That’s not very nice. Maybe they were
Watching other players

Was he laughing like, "Hey, I get it you are an IU fan and I am flattered." Or was it,"Hey, it's going to be winter in a hot place before I ever go there".?

Truth!

Watch "Homestead beats Blackhawk Christian with Matt Painter, Tom Izzo, and Roy Williams looking on" on YouTube

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT