ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Furst named Indiana Mr. Basketball

TR32

All-American
Nov 20, 2009
I've said previously that Miller missing on Furst and Kaufman was probably his biggest failure.

Purdue will be really good next year unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
I've said previously that Miller missing on Furst and Kaufman was probably his biggest failure.

Nah, Purdue sucks every year.

a yr behind, but i think Gunn might be better than Kaufman in college.

i'm guessing a thousand coach's careers have been altered by the get or the miss of a single recruit or two, and the ensuing chain reaction of events deriving from that 1 or 2 gets or misses.

Last edited:

I like him as a player. Some have said they think he is too slow for the college game. Time will tell.

He shoots well from outside for a big and can handle the ball, I think that will translate well to the college game. Bigs with some range adds another dimension to an offense. But like any recruit, time will tell. Minutes will be at a premium for bigs next year at PU with Williams, Edey, Gillis, Furst, and Kaufman-Renn. Wheeler transferring opens up some minutes, but it will still be competitive.

Reactions: theboilerbabe
Because Purdue is good but never great because they can never field a full team of Elite recruits.
pu will be really good for the next 3-4 years. pu underclassmen are really good, better than IU. Hope it changes..

I wonder how the style Woody will install translates to future recruits. I can’t help but ask if Kaufman might’ve fit in the 4 out better than the stuff PU runs.

Reactions: Im4iu89
I wonder how the style Woody will install translates to future recruits. I can’t help but ask if Kaufman might’ve fit in the 4 out better than the stuff PU runs.

Some of what Purdue runs is based on talent they have....If Kaufman-Renn is as good as they say he is it changes the offense vs. say having Wheeler at the 4 for example.

Reactions: Emartin70287
Caleb is a nice looking player. I have seen him twice. Good addition for Purdue. Congrats to him!
I've seen a ton of his games online when I wanted him to come to IU. I've watched quite a few of them after he committed to PU because I enjoy how Blackhawk Christian plays. Their Coach Davidson has been battling cancer this yr so I was kind of glad they won the 2A State Title.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Deserving choice for IMBB. Big miss for Archie and I don’t blame Caleb for being wary of IU given the chance that Archie might stay put.

Reactions: Jssanto
Some of what Purdue runs is based on talent they have....If Kaufman-Renn is as good as they say he is it changes the offense vs. say having Wheeler at the 4 for example.
Well he still runs a type. Interested to see if they actually run Kaufman at the three.

He's deserving...He can play.
But Kaufman was disappointing in all the games I saw him as a Jr & a Sr..He litterly got bullied in the lane all night against Connersville here in the regional by two 6'1" guy's..
Even a couple of Purdue fans that talked to me after the game said..He looked lazy.
And Matt will have to take that out of him....He's a guy like Lander way overrated in high school..
Top forty guy's should absolutely dominate high school games...As a Jr he could be very good though..imo

• Wow
Reactions: jimmygoiu
No way Abraxis. It is a universal truth. Each and every day, in each and every way, Purdue sucks harder and harder.
As a Hoosier, I can appreciate multiple great universities and colleges in the state of Indiana. I think Purdue is outstanding educationally in engineering and likely as an extension math. We have our strengths in music business and medicine.
Giving Purdue their due, is fine.
I do enjoy their athletic teams losing.

As a Hoosier, I can appreciate multiple great universities and colleges in the state of Indiana. I think Purdue is outstanding educationally in engineering and likely as an extension math. We have our strengths in music business and medicine.
Oh, I agree. That being said, POTFB!

No way Abraxis. It is a universal truth. Each and every day, in each and every way, Purdue sucks harder and harder.
Hey, I'm with you there all the way. I just get tired of them kicking our asses. They may suck harder and harder in our minds, but on the court where it matters, they own us currently. I hope it changes soon, but it's not looking real good the next couple years at the moment, personnel-wise.

Reactions: IUINSB
This has always been my position. IU and PU are both outstanding global resources that compliment each other academically. Both are more selective in their admissions and offer tremendous opportunity for those that choose to apply themselves. My IU degrees have served me extremely well and I had no issue sending my child to PU for a more tech opportunty.

I know that the student and alumni experience is substantially superior at IU, but academically they are both fantastic. Frankly Ball State has come a long way as well and Indiana hosts several smaller college experiences with great offerings.

The state of Indiana is blessed.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Our doctors are primarily from IU and keep us well. Our vets are primarily from Purdue and keep our pets well! The mostly Purdue pharmacists provide our medications and monitor Doc‘s choices. The IU lawyers stir the pots. Kelly and Krannert send forth legions of future business moguls. Purdue engineers build our bridges and skyscrapers. IU entrepreneurs plan our cities and start the companies of the future. IU teachers school our children and grandchildren and Purdue farmers put the food on the table and plan for the future and feeding the world’s masses. No state in the union can boast more combined P-5 conference basketball titles. Neither will ever be a major football powerhouse. The future belongs to visionaries and both schools should stand tall while higher education in general is faced with massive dislocation and reorganization in the coming decades.

Our doctors are primarily from IU and keep us well. Our vets are primarily from Purdue and keep our pets well! The mostly Purdue pharmacists provide our medications and monitor Doc‘s choices. The IU lawyers stir the pots. Kelly and Krannert send forth legions of future business moguls. Purdue engineers build our bridges and skyscrapers. IU entrepreneurs plan our cities and start the companies of the future. IU teachers school our children and grandchildren and Purdue farmers put the food on the table and plan for the future and feeding the world’s masses. No state in the union can boast more combined P-5 conference basketball titles. Neither will ever be a major football powerhouse. The future belongs to visionaries and both schools should stand tall while higher education in general is faced with massive dislocation and reorganization in the coming decades.
Well said.

Two things I would add are that PU grads create and operate flying machines of all sorts and IU grads create music, entertainment, and information dissemination at the highest levels.

Unparalleled combo IMO.

Well said.

Two things I would add are that PU grads create and operate flying machines of all sorts and IU grads create music, entertainment, and information dissemination at the highest levels.

Unparalleled combo IMO.

and in the end we are all Hoosiers!

and in the end we are all Hoosiers!

Still that "I come in peace" shitkd after all these years ((while you run back to GBI and yuck it up with your minions about "death by a thousand cuts" after pushing anything p u related to the top of the page))...

By the way... you can speak only for p u when saying you'll never be a major football power... INDIANA has a real Football coach...

You've done you work (pushing Furst to the top of the page) now take a hike...

Last edited:
Reactions: mk23
Still that "I come in peace" shitkd after all these years ((while you run back to GBI and yuck it up with your minions about "death by a thousand cuts" after pushing anything p u related to the top of the page))...

By the way... you can speak only for p u when saying you'll never be a major football power... INDIANA has a real Football coach...

Is destewart the idiot who said Jim Delany had a secret deal that paid the football refs to manipulate the outcome of games? Dude‘s a loon.

Des has been a solid poster here for years. He has more long time contacts, connections and relationships across the BIG and beyond than anyone else here. He is a PU fan but not a DePauw grad so he has perspective. We have not always agreed over the years but I have always respected and read his perspective. In fact we once got sideways over a post about ARE and Brees but it didn't matter in the big picture.

One of the few good long timers like me that has not been chased away...yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT