ADVERTISEMENT

Cal to the Philly

Why would UK hire him. Besides one great run at FLA. Gulf Coast he has not been great.

When Enfield took over, it was as close to starting a D1 program from scratch as you can get. There was absolutely nothing in terms of talent at SC. He's built it with very solid recruiting and player development. The difference between him and Alford is that his teams play hard, smart and together every single minute. He coaches an exciting brand of ball that recruits want to play. If he decides to stay for the long term, USC will be a major player both in the league and nationally.

Enfield and Alford got hired at the same time, and Enfield was considered the riskier pick because he'd only had a couple years of success at a mid-level school. I've always felt he was the better pick because his Florida Gulf Coast team was a huge over-achiever, while Alford's teams had a history of rarely, if ever, exceeding expectations.

Don't be surprised if Enfield's name becomes a regular mention when some of the biggest jobs in college b-ball open up.

I think you took his post as arrogance. If Kenny Payne is right for the job at the time obviously Year’s from now he will be offered the gig. A lot came change by then. He was simply implying that we would go after the best of the best not named crean. Cal would have a hand in the selection process and it will be someone he feels can handle the position since our fans are die hard and expect to always be in the hunt for a championship
No,I took his post as ignorance and the typical UK fan that barely escaped withahigh school diploma.

No,I took his post as ignorance and the typical UK fan that barely escaped withahigh school diploma.
You’re making yourself looked bad. You simply are suggesting all people especially in fans are uneducated. Most of us graduate “withahighschool” education and go into college. B big a uk or a fan of any team you dislike, doesn’t make them stupid. I’m sure there are plenty in Indiana “withoutahighschool” diploma just like other states in this country.

You’re making yourself looked bad. You simply are suggesting all people especially in fans are uneducated. Most of us graduate “withahighschool” education and go into college. B big a uk or a fan of any team you dislike, doesn’t make them stupid. I’m sure there are plenty in Indiana “withoutahighschool” diploma just like other states in this country.
Wrong. Could it be that you have only lived in Kentucky and don't have anything to compare it to? I lived in Central Kentucky for 4 years immediately after college. We decided to get out of there when my wife and I wanted to start a family.

The people were friendly enough, they were just, stupid. It wasn't just a lack of education. At times I felt like a Peace Corp worker training the natives people how to improve their lives. When we saw Kentucky schools were ranked at the bottom, we knew that our kids would better off outside of Kentucky .

The final straw was when while waiting for tires to be installed. Two men in their 40's were discussing how their friend had been arrested. The National Guard were patrolling from the air looking for marijuana fields. Their friend wanted to see if a deputy he knew was in the helicopter. He took his rifle with a scope off his gun rack and pointed it at the helicopter instead of removing the scope first. These two "smart" men complained for 10 minutes about how ridiculous it was to arrest him and there was no reason for it! I had to go outside to hold my tongue. I came back in and they were still talking about it. I finally said, " Your friend pointed a rifle at a National Guard helicopter. Do you think they knew your friend was just a dumbass, or is it possible they thought he was going to shoot one of them?" They looked at each other as though that had never occurred to them. I had a new job out of state and our house sold within 3 months.

I think you took his post as arrogance. If Kenny Payne is right for the job at the time obviously Year’s from now he will be offered the gig. A lot came change by then. He was simply implying that we would go after the best of the best not named crean. Cal would have a hand in the selection process and it will be someone he feels can handle the position since our fans are die hard and expect to always be in the hunt for a championship

That post was arrogance. There was no other way to take it. And a staunch reminder why your fan base is the most insufferable in all of sports.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT