ADVERTISEMENT

Cal to the Philly

Cazzy

Redshirt
Aug 30, 2001
Have heard UK coach Cal might have interest in the Philadelphia presidents job

Reactions: Lucy01
Have heard UK coach Cal might have interest in the Philadelphia presidents job
I could see him do that eventually. Philly is stable enough now that it would be a good time to take that job. I don't think he will leave, but I remember him saying he would only stay at UK around 8 years. He lies, so it is doubtful he meant that. I'm sure he was just trying to get more money. That might be the reason for the rumor.

Stevens wants no part of college basketball.

But if he were so inclined, there’s no way in hell he would sign up for the insufferable minions that make up BBN.
Stevens wouldnt but I could definitely see them reaching out to Eddie Munster Billy Donovan. I dont see him lasting much longer in the Pros. Probably between this time and when Cal leaves there will be somebody that arises in the college BBall ranks that stands out. The one thing BBN doesnt stand for is mediocrity and they cut bait with Billy Clyde but it did help that he was an alcoholic and abusive.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Crean. He had KY's number.
YQInBaw.png

Stevens wouldnt but I could definitely see them reaching out to Eddie Munster Billy Donovan. I dont see him lasting much longer in the Pros. Probably between this time and when Cal leaves there will be somebody that arises in the college BBall ranks that stands out. The one thing BBN doesnt stand for is mediocrity and they cut bait with Billy Clyde but it did help that he was an alcoholic and abusive.
I think Billy D has already rejected UK a couple times. Maybe it will be different in the future, who knows.

Why would Holtmann leave OSU unless he is forced out? They have plenty of $ and resources to keep him, unless they decide otherwise. UK takes a coach who is a ringleader and circus expert (and slimeball, but....).

Even though he has turned them down twice I think Donovan will be the next coach at UK. Roy Williams turned down UNC once or twice before he eventually took the job. I doubt he last to much longer at OKC so I see him going back to the college game and I feel that will be at UK.

Yeah I have a better chance at nailing Jennifer Lawrence than cal going to ohilky with what he has coming in

Pretty much anybody we want. After all we're KENTUCKY. The UK basketball head coaching position is considered by most to be one of the top-5 coaching jobs in all of sports.
So, you can't get anybody you want if there are 4 better jobs you inbred POS.

Reactions: mike41703
Even though he has turned them down twice I think Donovan will be the next coach at UK. Roy Williams turned down UNC once or twice before he eventually took the job. I doubt he last to much longer at OKC so I see him going back to the college game and I feel that will be at UK.
I think they will hire within the UK family.....kinda like how they keep their marriages within the family.

So, you can't get anybody you want if there are 4 better jobs you inbred POS.
I think you took his post as arrogance. If Kenny Payne is right for the job at the time obviously Year’s from now he will be offered the gig. A lot came change by then. He was simply implying that we would go after the best of the best not named crean. Cal would have a hand in the selection process and it will be someone he feels can handle the position since our fans are die hard and expect to always be in the hunt for a championship

When Cal leaves, NCAA santions will likely follow, which will limit who UK can hire immediately. Crean to the rescue or Kevin Stallings.

Why would Holtmann leave OSU unless he is forced out? They have plenty of $ and resources to keep him, unless they decide otherwise. UK takes a coach who is a ringleader and circus expert (and slimeball, but....).

He's a Lexington native.

I think you took his post as arrogance. If Kenny Payne is right for the job at the time obviously Year’s from now he will be offered the gig. A lot came change by then. He was simply implying that we would go after the best of the best not named crean. Cal would have a hand in the selection process and it will be someone he feels can handle the position since our fans are die hard and expect to always be in the hunt for a championship

Cal has 3 years left.....maybe 4. And he would take a NBA Presidents job in a heart beat. Don’t kid yourself. If the 76ers offered it, he’s gone.

The next UK coach will be ran out of town no matter who it is because they will follow Cal. They won’t be good enough.

It will be interesting to see who they get....and how long they last.

Pretty much anybody we want. After all we're KENTUCKY. The UK basketball head coaching position is considered by most to be one of the top-5 coaching jobs in all of sports.

No way Stevens or Billy D touch the UK job.....or any other NBA coach.

Self, K, Williams, Izzo, Wright, Bennet, Few, etc arent going anywhere.

It’s going to be someone internal or someone like a Mack, Smart.....maybe Sean Miller if Arizona gets in trouble.

The problem is no one wants to follow Cal and deal with the expectations. It will be worse than Billy Clyde lol.......

UK has been living the dream with Cal....it’s about to wake up.....

Reactions: topset81
It would be funny just from a Rupp Rafters reaction if Cal left and Pitino came back.

Wouldn't be good for my enjoyment of watching Kentucky lose but to witness the rubbernecking and justifying would be fun for off season entertainment.

So I hope it happens.

Holtmann wouldn’t last 5 years at UK after Cal.

No matter what he did, it wouldn’t be good enough.

UK’s next coach will have so much pressure.....
This. No way would I leave a cushy job like Ohio State for those unrelenting "win at all costs" fans at UK. It's also a school with hardly any home grown talent. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went after Kelvin Sampson. It would fit the narrative and you know he would take the job in a second.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT