ADVERTISEMENT

Cal St. Fullerton-IU Game 2: Caleb Baragar gets the start for IU. He gave

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
up a walk in the 1st, but picked the runner off. IU batting B1st with no score.
This post was edited on 3/15 3:46 PM by ptrich

IU grabs an early 1-0 lead on a Rodrigue triple and a single by...

Hartong. IU had the bases loaded with one out thanks to two walks, but the next two batters struck out. CSF batting T2nd.

Still 1-0 with CSF batting in T5th. Hobbie has replaced Baragar for IU**

IU still up 1-0 with CSF batting T6th. IU couldn't cash in on a..

chance to increase their lead when, after two outs, they got the bases loaded after a single, error, and a catcher interference call. However, Sowers grounded out to end the inning.

Hobbie is pitching well. CSF just went in order on three straight..

ground outs. IU is batting in the B6th. Hobbie is a right-handed freshman who is a big kid at 6-4 and 227 lbs. He played his h.s. ball at Springfield, Ill, Glenwood. I hope I didn't just jinx him.

Seventh inning stretch time with IU still up 1-0. I guess I sort of..

jinxed Hobbie as he gave up a single to start the 7th, got an out, and then walked a batter to put two on. Austin Foote, another freshman, relieved him and got two Ks to end the inning.

CSF batting T8th. Foote struck out the first two batters, but walked..

the next one. Halstead has relieved him. Not a bad outing for Foote, striking out four straight batters before the walk.

Halstead gave up a single to the first batter he faced to put two..

runners on, but struck out the next batter to end the inning. IU batting B8th. It sure wouldn't hurt to get some insurance runs before the 9th inning.

Cangelosi just hit a 2-out homer to put IU up 2-0 in the 8th. They..

are still batting.

IU wins 2-0 to take the first two games of the series. Halstead gave up..

a lead-off single, but got the next two batters to fly out, and struck out the next batter to end it. IU is now 12-4 on the season.

Sweet. Nine in a row and...

currently 5-2 against Stanford, Charleston and CSF. Those are big wins.

Thanks for the updates, ptrich.
This post was edited on 3/14 7:35 PM by Townsend

Re: Cal St Fullerton-IU Game 2: Caleb Baragar gets the start for IU.

Absolutely big wins today. I said preseason if we played .500 out of the Stanford and CSF series that would be tremendous! Well, we are going to be no worse than 4-2 in those series. Again, tremendous. They beat Eshelman and Garza today, 2 top rounders, tremendous. Enjoy it tonite, back to work tomorrow.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Cal St Fullerton-IU Game 2: Caleb Baragar gets the start for IU. He gave

What are we currently ranked? Should we break into the top 25?

There are about four or five college baseball polls out there, and we..

are not ranked in any of them that I know of. I know that in the USA Today coaches poll that IU didn't get a single vote in their last poll. If we sweep Fullerton by winning tomorrow, we probably will get some votes, and who knows, maybe we can barely crack the top 25. Cal St Fullerton is ranked 23rd in one of them.
This post was edited on 3/14 8:56 PM by ptrich

Re: Cal St Fullerton-IU Game 2: Caleb Baragar gets the start for IU.

This is a site everyone should get familiar with. RPI is really the best index to use and this site breaks it down nicely. IU is currently #30 in the RPI nationally.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

warren nolan

Yeah, the RPI is what really counts. The polls are for the fans, and I'm..

sure the players and the coaches (although they generally won't admit it) like the recognition and publicity they bring. It also probably helps recruiting somewhat if you're in them, but that's an intangible that's impossible to measure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT