ADVERTISEMENT

Caden Curry's Baffling Love Towards "the" o$u

I've never once heard that Ohio State wants him to change positions. He's one of the best d tackles in the nation so I doubt that to be true.

He's also always said he's gonna take his decision toward signing day, and take all his officials in the Fall for games, so I highly doubt Ohio State wanting him to change positions is keeping him from a decision now.
Well you heard what you heard. They are recruiting guys above him so there’s that.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Curry will continue to be recruited by IU staff even with the big boys coming after him and Even if he does commit elsewhere. AND Those Schools (Bama, OSU, Clemson) aren’t going to stop looking for higher rated D-Linemen than him either, even If/when he does commit to one of them. IU will definitely stay in contact. IU will find room for him if he does Re-consider late in the process.

In other Crystal Ball news, IU made ‘23 top in-state prospect and current #1 rated in the country LB, Drayk Bowen’s Top 12. ND is definitely the leader and they have told him he can play baseball too. Guess he is also a top baseball prospect in the state.

Curry is damn near a 5 star. He's not gonna be worried about competition. If he was, we wouldn't want him either.

He's ranked third at his position and 31 in the nation. How many guys can they get that are better then him?

Your argument doesn't make much sense here.
That’s if you go off rivals. The composite tells a different story so no, I won’t argue with you. He’s a great prospect that should have a great career regardless.

We know. We get it. We are IU not OSU or the others. If I had to say today where he’s going today it would be Ohio State but it’s not a lock.

I never said it's a lock. Not once, but it's not a big secret that Ohio State, as of today, has a lead for him, and it's thought to be large. Can it be over taken? Yes, for sure.

The thing is though, who knows who really knows who is #2. Every writer, except Indiana people, out there puts Bama and Clemson as 2 and 3 in some order. That's the reality of it.

I really really hope we get the kid. I'll be jumping for joy if we get him. I think he'd be a real difference maker for us on the line. But there's a lot of obstacles and some big time players we've got to go up against for him. At least we're in the ring taking a swing. That's something new we haven't done in the past.

I never said it's a lock. Not once, but it's not a big secret that Ohio State, as of today, has a lead for him, and it's thought to be large. Can it be over taken? Yes, for sure.

The thing is though, who knows who really knows who is #2. Every writer, except Indiana people, out there puts Bama and Clemson as 2 and 3 in some order. That's the reality of it.

I really really hope we get the kid. I'll be jumping for joy if we get him. I think he'd be a real difference maker for us on the line. But there's a lot of obstacles and some big time players we've got to go up against for him. At least we're in the ring taking a swing. That's something new we haven't done in the past.
I didn’t insinuate that you said he was a lock. I’m just stating that. Sorry if it sounded like that. Not going to argue any of that.

The 24/7 ratings tell a completely different story (and those are the ratings I'm using above) and it's one he and his advisors should be aware of...

It wasn't my intent to imply that he should seek to avoid straight up competition but it is my intent to make it clear that the depth and breadth of that same level of competition is going to be approximately doubled at "the" ohio state versus what he'll encounter at INDIANA over the first two years of his career.

He won't be dodging competition for first team reps wherever he goes simply because there are upperclassmen starters ahead of him already on campus..., but..., if he wants a legit shot at early PT and, at minimum, a full year less wear and tear on his body (because he'll be starting sooner at IU) before he declares for the Draft then INDIANA is the smartest choice...

That's my somewhat educated opinion and I'm sticking with it... 😉😎🇺🇸

*(and, as always, I very much appreciate all the interesting and accurate information B23B)*😀

Last edited:
The 24/7 ratings tell a completely different story (and those are the ratings I'm using above) and it's one he and his advisors should be aware of...

It wasn't my intent to imply that he should seek to avoid straight up competition but it is my intent to make it clear that the depth and breadth of that same level of competition is going to be approximately doubled at "the" ohio state versus what he'll encounter at INDIANA over the first two years of his career.

He won't be dodging competition for first team reps wherever he goes simply because there are upperclassmen starters ahead of him already on campus..., but..., if he wants a legit shot at early PT and, at minimum, a full year less wear and tear on his body (because he'll be starting sooner at IU) before he declares for the Draft then INDIANA is the smartest choice...

That's my somewhat educated opinion and I'm sticking with it... 😉😎🇺🇸

*(and, as always, I very much appreciate all the interesting and accurate information B23B)*😀
Imagine IU's defense if we can pull in Curry to go along with McCollough and added Drayk Bowen the following year. IU would be close to challenging for the National Tittle with that group on defense. I just wish we could get young men to see that and decide to come to IU to create a team that could compete for the national title.

Imagine IU's defense if we can pull in Curry to go along with McCollough and added Drayk Bowen the following year. IU would be close to challenging for the National Tittle with that group on defense. I just wish we could get young men to see that and decide to come to IU to create a team that could compete for the national title.
The intriguing thing for me and a few others is we could see something special with a lot of in state kids that like each other. Maybe lightning will strike.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

Posting from the beach are we 😉😎😉?

I think that with a few key W's this season our recruiting will reach levels we've never seen before and we'll have a legit shot at being in the Title (😉) mix sooner then later...

Post any photos over on Andy's😂...

Last edited:
I've never once heard that Ohio State wants him to change positions. He's one of the best d tackles in the nation so I doubt that to be true.

He's also always said he's gonna take his decision toward signing day, and take all his officials in the Fall for games, so I highly doubt Ohio State wanting him to change positions is keeping him from a decision now.

Wouldn't be the first time... That's the same thing they pulled with Hale (from CG)...

Curry will continue to be recruited by IU staff even with the big boys coming after him and Even if he does commit elsewhere. AND Those Schools (Bama, OSU, Clemson) aren’t going to stop looking for higher rated D-Linemen than him either, even If/when he does commit to one of them. IU will definitely stay in contact. IU will find room for him if he does Re-consider late in the process.

In other Crystal Ball news, IU made ‘23 top in-state prospect and current #1 rated in the country LB, Drayk Bowen’s Top 12. ND is definitely the leader and they have told him he can play baseball too. Guess he is also a top baseball prospect in the state.
It would be great to get Curry and Bowen to IU and build the defense up even more for a very good defense we have.

Heres a question he may be asking! Should I go to IU to get more playing time or go to O$U and get less playing time, but make more $$$ doing so! Theyll probly offer him $100k just to put on a uniform!

Heres a question he may be asking! Should I go to IU to get more playing time or go to O$U and get less playing time, but make more $$$ doing so! Theyll probly offer him $100k just to put on a uniform!
That would be pretty short sighted of him. You'll have to be a early starter wherever you go to make the Big time college cash... He has a much better chance of starting early here than he does there...

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
There's the problem with the NIL proposal. Colleges with big time boosters can and will buy players. The head coach says "you come to Big $ State and I can guarantee you $100,000 a year, you just make a 15 second commercial for Buckeye motors and they will pay you as long as you are on the team". The deepest pockets will get the best players.

Sam Gilbert all over again but legal.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
There's the problem with the NIL proposal. Colleges with big time boosters can and will buy players. The head coach says "you come to Big $ State and I can guarantee you $100,000 a year, you just make a 15 second commercial for Buckeye motors and they will pay you as long as you are on the team". The deepest pockets will get the best players.

Sam Gilbert all over again but legal.
That's how I also feel. Not good for the collegiate game. I hope I'm wrong. This issue should have been addressed 10 years ago by paying all athletes a stipend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT