ADVERTISEMENT

Caden Curry's Baffling Love Towards "the" o$u

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
*{Yes..., this IS a case of "sour grapes" 😉😎}*

As the title implies, I'm totally baffled by Caden Curry's love for ohio $tate.

At "the" o$u you have a defensive staff just a few months off a totally embarrassing beat down by the Alabama Offensive Line for the NC and he seems to think those guys are his best bet to help him reach his potential on and off the field... (😳🤔🙄😣)

Ignoring the above Fact (Alabama just scored again😉)..., I am completely amazed he hasn't noticed that ohio state just pulled in the top player (at his position and in the country overall) in an extraordinarily late commitment for the 2021 class (J.T. Tuimoloau).

Their now having Tuimoloau paired with J. Sawyer (#4 in the country, #1 in Ohio) in the 2021 class means that, barring an injury to either, anyone coming in at their positions for the next 3 years is simply fighting to be the first guy off the bench during cleanup time...

Add those two to the fact that "the" o$u is currently recruiting not one, not two, but 5 ((!)) guys at his position who are currently ranked ahead of him (in the 2022 class), and..., are also recruiting at least 5 more guys at his position ranked ahead of him in the 2023 class and you have to wonder what he or his advisors are thinking... (and that's not even considering the 4 plus guys in the 2 classes ahead of him, who are already on campus)...

Okay..., rant over..., I'm just Sick of losing state of Indiana guys to "the" ohio $tate...😡

I wish the young man well wherever he decides to go... 👍

Last edited:
If those guys commit to OSU his offer might be rescinded. It looks like we are strongly 2nd place.

I the mean time hopefully our coaches are also trying to recruit better players.

At "the" o$u you have a defensive staff just a few months off a totally embarrassing beat down by the Alabama Offensive Line for the NC and he seems to think those guys are his best bet to help him reach his potential on and off the field... (😳🤔🙄😣)

Ignoring the above Fact (Alabama just scored again😉)..., I am completely amazed he hasn't noticed that ohio state just pulled in the top player (at his position and in the country overall) in an extraordinarily late commitment for the 2021 class (J.T. Tuimoloau).

Their now having Tuimoloau paired with J. Sawyer (#4 in the country, #1 in Ohio) in the 2021 class means that, barring an injury to either, anyone coming in at their positions for the next 3 years is simply fighting to be the first guy off the bench during cleanup time...

Add those two to the fact that "the" o$u is currently recruiting not one, not two, but 5 ((!)) guys at his position who are currently ranked ahead of him (in the 2022 class), and..., are also recruiting at least 5 more guys at his position ranked ahead of him in the 2023 class and you have to wonder what he or his advisors are thinking...

Okay..., rant over..., I'm just Sick of losing state of Indiana guys to "the" ohio $tate...😡

Valid considerations. Then again, who's to say he hasn't committed for those exact reasons you stated? Maybe his obvious love for OSU is being made in case those other guys don't commit as its naturally a good program. Maybe with each commitment his fondness shrinks.....and/or vice versa. I'd stay on him until the end.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Valid considerations. Then again, who's to say he hasn't committed for those exact reasons you stated? Maybe his obvious love for OSU is being made in case those other guys don't commit as its naturally a good program. Maybe with each commitment his fondness shrinks.....and/or vice versa. I'd stay on him until the end.

I hope we stick with him to the bitter end... I'd keep contact right up until he actually signs...

If he signs with INDIANA he'll be competing against something like 7 or 8 other guys for a starting position over the next couple of years; at ohio state that number will be more like 14 or 15...

If he and his advisors actually weigh the pros and cons I believe they'll see that INDIANA is the better home for him... Here's hoping he comes to the same conclusion...

Last edited:
If those guys commit to OSU his offer might be rescinded. It looks like we are strongly 2nd place.

I the mean time hopefully our coaches are also trying to recruit better players.

I think they'd find a way to fit him in this class just to screw us...

That's what I call covering your opponents sails... It's similar to what is done in sailboat regattas were you move up tight on the windward side of your opponent and steal their wind (which equals their forward momentum)... They get solid depth and we a lose a Big Time play making Starter who might just be instrumental in beating them...

Last edited:
Our coaching staff is continuing to build a very strong program , and with this recruiting class it will just grow stronger . If Curry is as good as advertised ,and does choose to commit to IU , then that would make this a great class . This class will continue to move up the recruiting charts , and the program will now be able to compete with the big boys on a regular basis .

I think they'd find a way to fit him in this class just to screw us...

That's what I call covering your opponents sails... It's similar to what is done in sailboat regattas were you move up tight on the windward side of your opponent and steal their wind (which equals their forward momentum)... They get solid depth and we a lose a Big Time play making Starter who might just be instrumental in beating them...
Yep I get that. And by most accounts he grew up an OSU fan. So it makes sense he is holding out for as long as he can. Honestly the fact that he is holding out bodes well for us.

I look at Curry's recruitment like this: Every day he isn't committed to O$U, means that IU has a better chance to sign him. I think he's the kind of kid that won't flip once he commits. The longer he stays uncommitted and keeps IU in the framework bodes well for our chances.

The team needs to handle their business this fall as well. Start by beating Iowa. Then get him on campus for the Cincy game for a top 10 showdown on ABC.

Not everyone is like us:
Not everybody loves the hometown schools.
Kids grow up in the state now following other schools. Happens in football and basketball. It’s a byproduct of the expansion of social networks, cable t.v. and contracts, and the fact that nothing is really remote anymore. A kid can grow up hundreds of miles away and still feel connected to a school due to all of the advancements above. It’s to our benefit with Florida kids we get. Those tweets and texts keep our coaches connected. Plus, OSU is really good and have been for a long time. You don’t suddenly surpass that overnight. It’s also the reason Michigan or Penn State pull in great classes despite last year’s results. We wouldn’t have even sniffed these guys 4-5 years ago. Indianapolis has had several kids go to OSU in the major sports.
Would be great to land him though.

Not everyone is like us:
Not everybody loves the hometown schools.
Kids grow up in the state now following other schools. Happens in football and basketball. It’s a byproduct of the expansion of social networks, cable t.v. and contracts, and the fact that nothing is really remote anymore. A kid can grow up hundreds of miles away and still feel connected to a school due to all of the advancements above. It’s to our benefit with Florida kids we get. Those tweets and texts keep our coaches connected. Plus, OSU is really good and have been for a long time. You don’t suddenly surpass that overnight. It’s also the reason Michigan or Penn State pull in great classes despite last year’s results. We wouldn’t have even sniffed these guys 4-5 years ago. Indianapolis has had several kids go to OSU in the major sports.
Would be great to land him though.
Yeah Curry's OSU love isn't baffling. I think we will get him though.

Damn, nabbing this guy would be quite the recruiting job for Tommy!! Tom has Indiana on a collision course with the Big Ten Championship and a National Championship.

Damn, nabbing this guy would be quite the recruiting job for Tommy!! Tom has Indiana on a collision course with the Big Ten Championship and a National Championship.
Love the enthusiasm. This class is important. With the CFP expansion we just might shock the world in a few years. We still need multiple classes with some five stars and we aren’t quite there yet.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I hope IU can pull Curry to IU and build IU into a national power. If he looks at how OSU is recruiting players above him and comes to IU to prove how good he is then he will play early not later if at all at OSU. It is good to hear he is saying he wants to play with the McCollough and I hope it is enough to bring him to IU.

Add those two to the fact that "the" o$u is currently recruiting not one, not two, but 5 ((!)) guys at his position who are currently ranked ahead of him (in the 2022 class), and..., are also recruiting at least 5 more guys at his position ranked ahead of him in the 2023 class and you have to wonder what he or his advisors are thinking... (and that's not even considering the 4 plus guys in the 2 classes ahead of him, who are already on campus)...

As an OSU fan, you make some valid points. I would like to point out that OSU will/could lose up to 7 D lineman after this season. All of these players will either start or see playing time this Fall. Also, Larry Johnson, our DL coach, likes to rotate up to 10 players in a game. He believes players maximize their potential by limiting their play count under 50 plays. Another factor may be that Curry wants to play for a team that has a legitimate chance of playing for a national championship every year. (I believe his team won the state title last year). I'm sure he is a competitive kid and the fact he will go up against kids of similar ability in practice every day may be a challenge he likes. I wish him the best whomever he signs with.

By the way, the 2020 Alabama team was one of the best in school history and one of the best in college football history. Except for Florida in the SEC championship game, their closest margin of victory was 19 points. It didn't help that Tommy Togiai, our best D lineman, missed the game because of COVID and Trey Sermon got hurt very early in the game. Did it impact the final outcome of the game? No. But , i think the final score would have been under the 28 point spread.

As an OSU fan, you make some valid points. I would like to point out that OSU will/could lose up to 7 D lineman after this season. All of these players will either start or see playing time this Fall. Also, Larry Johnson, our DL coach, likes to rotate up to 10 players in a game. He believes players maximize their potential by limiting their play count under 50 plays. Another factor may be that Curry wants to play for a team that has a legitimate chance of playing for a national championship every year. (I believe his team won the state title last year). I'm sure he is a competitive kid and the fact he will go up against kids of similar ability in practice every day may be a challenge he likes. I wish him the best whomever he signs with.

By the way, the 2020 Alabama team was one of the best in school history and one of the best in college football history. Except for Florida in the SEC championship game, their closest margin of victory was 19 points. It didn't help that Tommy Togiai, our best D lineman, missed the game because of COVID and Trey Sermon got hurt very early in the game. Did it impact the final outcome of the game? No. But , i think the final score would have been under the 28 point spread.
Nice post.

If IU can get a few years in a row of players like Curry then they will be in the title hunt.

Curry's competitive streak could be channeled to help put IU over the top so they are in that conversation every year.

Odds are easily in OSU's favor but for the first time in a long time IU is in a place where we can see the path to even those odds.

think if he goes w/ tOSU he'll likely end up being switched to OL.....at IU he would probably stay on the DL

for whatever reason, I find losing in-state kids to Iowa and (especially) Penn State even more annoying than losing them to tOSU

Where do you see this??
I’m seeing stuff on Facebook. Like I said before. No insider information just chatter from Ohio State guys. Could be something, could be nothing. Most are saying it will be a position thing as Ohio State is recruiting guys higher than him and may want him to play a different position.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hopefully it is good news

@td75

Guys, that was me that tweeted that. I read something on HSN that made me ask that question. I just wanted to know what the OSU people are hearing. I have absolutely 0 insiders in regards to Curry. Don’t take what I tweet as gospel. I’m just hoping like everyone else.

I think Tom Allen’s personal attention to Curry & being a defensive coach and the current IU momentum & #24 class now has a chance to get Curry to stay home. I don’t blame him for wanting to sniff out Alabama, Clemson & OSU’s of world, those are bluest of blue chip programs. (“If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere”). But I could see him keeping IU very much in the mix still.

It's still Ohio State and then every one else.

He's recently been to Alabama on a visit. Clemson is coming after him too.

We're gonna be in it, but we're fighting a uphill battle. We're fighting against the heavyweights of college football for a kid that could easily slip into the 5 star range.

Right now, I think it's Ohio State and then everyone else. We are all fighting uphill.

OSU is the big dog in the neighborhood right now and always tough to beat for recruits. IU has a chance to change that this year and then they can become the hot team top players want to come and play for. IU is already seeing that with high 4* choosing IU but it is always about the right players that turn into gamers like we have at several spots.

Both seem to be program changers but if IU can't pull them in then they will pull in players to help the team.

Curry will continue to be recruited by IU staff even with the big boys coming after him and Even if he does commit elsewhere. AND Those Schools (Bama, OSU, Clemson) aren’t going to stop looking for higher rated D-Linemen than him either, even If/when he does commit to one of them. IU will definitely stay in contact. IU will find room for him if he does Re-consider late in the process.

In other Crystal Ball news, IU made ‘23 top in-state prospect and current #1 rated in the country LB, Drayk Bowen’s Top 12. ND is definitely the leader and they have told him he can play baseball too. Guess he is also a top baseball prospect in the state.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

We have to get over this losing in State Guys Mentality. We have expanded our recruiting Base exponentially over the past 10-15 Years, and are getting first rate players from places like Florida and Georgia that We could have only dreamed about back then. Would I love to have Curry and all the rest of the top rated in state players? Of course. But unlike years ago, when We lose out on a top ranked in state player, the Cupboard isn't bear. We are getting a player from the South with equivalent ability or rating in many cases. We need to concentrate on the Players who are Here. Not those We wish were here.

It's still Ohio State and then every one else.

He's recently been to Alabama on a visit. Clemson is coming after him too.

We're gonna be in it, but we're fighting a uphill battle. We're fighting against the heavyweights of college football for a kid that could easily slip into the 5 star range.

Right now, I think it's Ohio State and then everyone else. We are all fighting uphill.
It’s going to depend if he’s willing to move positions or not. I’ve heard Ohio State has mentioned that and that’s what the hood up is. That’s why IU has made up ground.

It’s going to depend if he’s willing to move positions or not. I’ve heard Ohio State has mentioned that and that’s what the hood up is. That’s why IU has made up ground.

I've never once heard that Ohio State wants him to change positions. He's one of the best d tackles in the nation so I doubt that to be true.

He's also always said he's gonna take his decision toward signing day, and take all his officials in the Fall for games, so I highly doubt Ohio State wanting him to change positions is keeping him from a decision now.

ADVERTISEMENT