ADVERTISEMENT

C-$ house update.

I assume the guy has a ring ready

you don't buy a house with a GF unless you have chit for brains.

What if there are hot and horny college chicks living next door?

GIS for "Hot Horny College Chicks"....

collegehumor.5b0778e56602ebadf470a13fae1bb1de.jpg

kiss.jpg

I've seen this episode before...

My buddy built a house with his then girlfriend, only had his name on it, got engaged, lost his job, engagement was called off, moved into house alone, got a new job and new girlfriend, he was laid off new job, new gf moved in to help with payments, fell way behind on the mortgage, house forclosed on, credit wrecked.

Good luck.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Well hopefully he's buying something he can afford by himself.......

just in case things done work out with his lady or someday she decides to stay home with the kids.

Home Appraisers are actually undervaluing many homes right now...

it depends on what he/realtor thinks the home will be worth in a few years...not right now.

The contract won't (or needn't) mention the appraisal

It will be contingent on getting financing on certain terms, and without an appraisal, there won't be any financing.

Memories....like the corners of my mind.....

Is it just me, or does that look like C floor?
This post was edited on 3/28 11:43 AM by Rakkasan29

One weekend we spent in Cesky Krumlov......

at a hostel there was a couple in our dorm that would go at it every night right across from my bed. They didn't even try to hide it.

Covers off and the girl on top riding the guy. She was pretty hot too. When we arrived and checked in, we opened the door to our dorm and he was sitting in the middle of the room on a chair while she gave him a BJ. It didn't faze her at all.
This post was edited on 3/28 12:03 PM by Zizkov

Your purchase broke a lot of Rules.......

Rule #1. Dont buy a house with your GF. This will only lead to problems down the road.

Rule #2. Never fall in love with the house. I know that sounds hard but do not get attached to the house or let your woman get attached. This will lead to you over paying for the house. I have seen it way to many times and I have almost fallen victim myself.

Rule #3. Never pay more than the appraised value. I hope you have some language in the contract that lets you out of the deal if it under apprasies or does not pass inspection. We tried to but 3 house 2 under appraised one had some issues with the inspection. We back out of all 3 houses. After we figured out they didnt appraise we figured the house was over priced for the market and not worth purchasing.

Rule #4. DONT BUY A HOUSE WITH YOUR GF

Predicting what the housing market is going to do....

over the next few years is like when you are 70 years old trying to predict if a fart will be gas or liquid. Do you take the chance and let it go or do you head for the toilet.

I had the same thing happen

and the sellers took it b/c we were the first offer they had had in 5 months on the market and they had to get into a bigger house. We got the house for 20k under market value, plan on never leaving so that also played into the situation.

I really hope you're listening to advice that these guys are giving you...

And not just posting this so that we'll be impressed with how great your life is right now. Please, money, tell me you're smarter than that...

Well, if the appraisal comes in lower than the agreed upon price . . .

the bank won't give you the money (unless you're putting down a lot of money). I doubt the bank will want to start underwater.

This will give you some leverage. The sellers will have to come down in price, demand another appraisal, or walk away.
This post was edited on 3/28 1:00 PM by cmbdds

Correct.

You guys all choke on cock. I wasn't looking for a God damn page full of relationship advice... I've learned enough over the years.

BTW both of our names are going on the house. That's the way I wanted it.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

*flabbergasted and speechless at the abject naivete shown*

"I've learned enough over the years" LMAO!

Nobody's giving "relationship advice".

You wouldn't (and maybe shouldn't) listen to that anyway. Those of us who have bought a home or two or three wouldn't touch this kind of deal with a ten-foot pole. That's all we're saying.

Can one go backwards and unlearn wisdom..

if so it's happened....

A wise man realizes he knows nothing, a fool "has learned enough" ....

On the other side of the coin his Girlfriend is on a message board and her internet friends are saying stuff like "where did you find such a sucker?"...

It's not like he has a history of rushing into relationships only to.....

regret it later.

Wait, oh yeah he does.

I guess he's just a slow learner, trying to divide this house up is going to make his divorce look like a cake walk.

He wins either way...

Things go well, we will periodically be treated to his "taste it" posts about how much better his life is than all of ours.

Things go south, he makes posts about how much more his life sucks than anyone else's.

Only a true attention whore sets themselves up for such win-wins.

The answers here crack me up

at the end of the day, would you trust any of the trolls on this board to handle your finances? I bet most on here (no, not everyone) don't even have $100k in their retirement account and live in a house they bought over 2 years ago that is now worth less.

I don't know what's funnier -- you asking for housing financial advice from the OTF, or the actual advice you're getting.

Don't listen to these guys. They're all haterz.

Nothing will bring you closer together than a six figure purchase both of your are tied to. You'll bond over it. After all, women respect guys who give them everything they want.

I've seen it in the movies 100's of times.

I don't have $100k in my retirement

of course I'm only 26 *snicker*

Not all who wander are lost

ADVERTISEMENT