ADVERTISEMENT

Butina, Torshin and the NRA/GOP

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
The DOJ complaint against Maria Butina yesterday was overshadowed by the Treason Summit. But there are pics of both her and Torshin with numerous NRA officials and GOP politicos, that in light of the FBI investigation into more Russian meddling, are going to prove embarrassing.

"Monday’s bombshell Department of Justice complaint accusing Maria Butina, a Russian national, of secretly infiltrating the National Rifle Association (NRA) was full of remarkable detail, and even more remarkable implications.

All told, the DOJ complaint accused Butina and Russian official Alexander Torshin — himself previously accused by Spanish authorities of massive money laundering and mob ties — of building ties with the NRA to get close to to Republican leadership.

As one of the unnamed Americans listed in the complaint wrote in October, a month before the U.S. presidential election, Butina and Torshin had helped build a “VERY private line of communication between the Kremlin” and Republican party leaders, describing the NRA as a “conduit.”

The ties between Torshin, who was sanctioned by the U.S. in April, and the NRA have been scrutinized for the past few months — all the more as Torshin said he and Butina were the only two Russian nationals he knew of who were lifetime NRA members."

https://thinkprogress.org/here-are-...tive-activists-maria-butina-met-134988a75bbb/

Reactions: Tacoll
It's not clear if these are doctored or not, but there is a picture floating around of her in the WH the time that Trump met with Russians by himself. And disclosed state secret intel.

Just announced: NRA and other similar non-profits will not longer be required to report their donors to the IRS, per Rachel, citing CNN.

It's not clear if these are doctored or not, but there is a picture floating around of her in the WH the time that Trump met with Russians by himself. And disclosed state secret intel.
Its not her, its an NSA employee who also has red hair (can't tell one red head from the other if your trying to sell a lie). The reporter who took the picture has stated its not her. You might wish to delete your post rather than allow a blatant falsehood to remain over your signature block.

Its not her, its an NSA employee who also has red hair (can't tell one red head from the other if your trying to sell a lie). The reporter who took the picture has stated its not her. You might wish to delete your post rather than allow a blatant falsehood to remain over your signature block.

Don't you bother to read thru what already exists in a thread prior to posting in it? This was posted literally 2 posts (and almost a day) prior to yours

"That photo turned out to be someone else."

5 Marvin the Martian, Yesterday at 9:11 PM

Don't you bother to read thru what already exists in a thread prior to posting in it? This was posted literally 2 posts (and almost a day) prior to yours

"That photo turned out to be someone else."
That didn't serve his purpose.

800px_COLOURBOX11295780.jpg
I thought Anna Chapman was hotter. There were photos where she looked a lot like Jewel Staite from Firefly.

This is starting to sound like an ending scene to Stripes, Winger rates the hot Russian spies.

Bing translation:

"Maria Butina is now in the United States. Writes to me that D. Trump (member of NRA) is really for cooperation with Russia."

Note it's from Feb 2016

Apparently everyone in that scene forgot that we had intelligence agencies. It amazes me that absolutely not a single person went to the FBI. The Russians were basically TOO successful at infiltrating the administration and those close to the administration. Had they known they would be this successful, I’m sure they would’ve scaled back their attempts.

Everyone has a price. Apparently his was young Russian (what Trump said he grabbed). Personally I don’t find her to be attractive. Then again, she’s not exactly my ideal type.

Also, don’t forget that the NRA gave Trump a significant amount of $$$, more than any other candidate prior to his candidacy.

Wonder where some of that money came from?

Couldn’t happen to a better organization. They’re domestic terrorists in the way they approach gun “rights”. They’ve successfully beaten back gun control measures that the vast majority of Americans agree with- and they’ve done it with campaign donations, mostly.

Apparently everyone in that scene forgot that we had intelligence agencies. It amazes me that absolutely not a single person went to the FBI. The Russians were basically TOO successful at infiltrating the administration and those close to the administration. Had they known they would be this successful, I’m sure they would’ve scaled back their attempts.

Everyone has a price. Apparently his was young Russian (what Trump said he grabbed). Personally I don’t find her to be attractive. Then again, she’s not exactly my ideal type.

Also, don’t forget that the NRA gave Trump a significant amount of $$$, more than any other candidate prior to his candidacy.

Wonder where some of that money came from?

Couldn’t happen to a better organization. They’re domestic terrorists in the way they approach gun “rights”. They’ve successfully beaten back gun control measures that the vast majority of Americans agree with- and they’ve done it with campaign donations, mostly.

Wait, you seriously wouldn’t hit that?

Seems like a good time to remind everyone about the connection between the Trump campaign and the NRA:

In the 2016 election, the NRA spent $11,438,118 to support Donald Trump’s campaign and donated $19,756,346 to groups opposing Hillary Clinton’s.

Seems like a good time to remind everyone about the connection between the Trump campaign and the NRA:

In the 2016 election, the NRA spent $11,438,118 to support Donald Trump’s campaign and donated $19,756,346 to groups opposing Hillary Clinton’s.

That just proves the NRA has standards and won’t support the Clinton Criminal Enterprise.

Reactions: wiede

In general, I prefer some more melatonin ;). I’m one of the weird white guys that prefers “others”. The more exotic, the better. Plus, her face isn’t great. Not appealing to me.

Yes, I’m picky.

Plus, she appears to be a bit of a gun nut. Huge turn off. And yes, I know, that could just be part of her “cover”.

Now, that being said, there are some really beautiful Eastern European/Russian women out there. Anna Kornikova, for example. She’s one of my top three “hall passes” (like it would ever happen anyway).

The amount they gave Trump was 3 or 4X the amount they gave Romney. That’s unusual. It’s not as if they didn’t hate Obama.

IIRC, there were some news stories a while ago that discussed the possible link between Russians funneling $$$ through the NRA to Trump’s campaign.

I’ll give the Russians credit- they went all out to hook Trump. And instead of turning away from them, it appears he relished their contact. And $$$, apparently. Before he ran for the pub nomination, his properties were basically a money laundering haven for Russian oligarchs. They had to get their I’ll-gotten stolen money (from the Rusdian people) out of Russia somehow. And Trump was more than willing to accommodate them. Remember the FL property that sold for 3X market value? Of course it was prominent Russian oligarch.

Side note- there still hasn’t been a full accounting for where all the $$$ went for his inaguration fund. IIRC, the amount contributed was exorbitant compared to every other inauguration. And had contributors such as Mickey Mouse listed. Lots of hidden contributors.

Don’t ever forget that Mueller likely has all that info now, and also had a cooperator in Alan Weiselberg. He’s Trump’s long time accountant. Trump’s downfall will be his greed. Follow the money.

The amount they gave Trump was 3 or 4X the amount they gave Romney. That’s unusual. It’s not as if they didn’t hate Obama.

IIRC, there were some news stories a while ago that discussed the possible link between Russians funneling $$$ through the NRA to Trump’s campaign.

I’ll give the Russians credit- they went all out to hook Trump. And instead of turning away from them, it appears he relished their contact. And $$$, apparently. Before he ran for the pub nomination, his properties were basically a money laundering haven for Russian oligarchs. They had to get their I’ll-gotten stolen money (from the Rusdian people) out of Russia somehow. And Trump was more than willing to accommodate them. Remember the FL property that sold for 3X market value? Of course it was prominent Russian oligarch.

Side note- there still hasn’t been a full accounting for where all the $$$ went for his inaguration fund. IIRC, the amount contributed was exorbitant compared to every other inauguration. And had contributors such as Mickey Mouse listed. Lots of hidden contributors.

Don’t ever forget that Mueller likely has all that info now, and also had a cooperator in Alan Weiselberg. He’s Trump’s long time accountant. Trump’s downfall will be his greed. Follow the money.
Weiselberg is probably the most important guy in the investigation and you never hear anything about him. As for the inauguration fund; they should have some cash left over, only 13 people attended. :)

Be careful, SuperHoosier, until you know for sure how aggressive she is. We already know she's tied to Russians and Putin somehow. Wouldn't be cool to get a poison umbrella in the back of your leg.

Plus, she apparently dresses up like Sansa Stark sometimes, and we all know Sansa executes people. Could be warning signs.

marinabutina.jpg

In general, I prefer some more melatonin ;). I’m one of the weird white guys that prefers “others”. The more exotic, the better. Plus, her face isn’t great. Not appealing to me.

Yes, I’m picky.

Plus, she appears to be a bit of a gun nut. Huge turn off. And yes, I know, that could just be part of her “cover”.

Now, that being said, there are some really beautiful Eastern European/Russian women out there. Anna Kornikova, for example. She’s one of my top three “hall passes” (like it would ever happen anyway).

As my German brother in law says, all cats are grey when the lights are off -- or in the WC's context, never say never especially after a few drinks.

Weiselberg is probably the most important guy in the investigation and you never hear anything about him. As for the inauguration fund; they should have some cash left over, only 13 people attended. :)

How is that possible? Everyone knows the Mueller team leaks like a sieve. ;) (shoutout to CO)

Weiselberg will tie up many of the “how” questions. I doubt he generates many “who”, “what”, “why” or “when” questions- I’d bet Mueller’s team has most or all of the general outlines for the other ?’s.

Don’t discount Flynn’s cooperation. He met 19 times(!) with the SCO. And they recommended zero prison time- for a guy that held one of our top intelligence positions that was actively working on behalf of foreign governments. The government’s filing indicated that he gave substantial assistance in multiple investigations. In other words, the guy was in a position to know a lot, and gave it all up. And then some. They also stated that he actively assisted in the investigations. It wasn’t just about past sins.

Cohen spent 70 hours with the SCO. He’s a scumbag, but there’s no way all of that was about solely his actions. And, he’s pretty notorious for recording conversations, and kept meticulous notes. Audio recordings and present sense impressions (an exception to hearsay in a legal proceeding) are usually pretty powerful evidence.

Gates knew a lot also.

And, don’t give up on Manafort yet. He’s still got the ability to cooperate post sentencing. I have a feeling he may try again after he realizes that Trump can’t pardon him right now, and reality makes him realize that he’s likely going to die in prison unless he comes clean. Although, like Trump, im not sure he truly knows what reality is. He apparently lied to his own legal team, and when they sat down with the SCO the last time, he was lying about things he already admitted to doing/seeing.

Don McGahan also spent around 30 hours with the SCO- while he was still representing the White House.

And Maria Butina apparently is going to cut a real. She can testify to what the Russian government’s motives were- the first insider to roll.

And after all of that, you’ll have he Dems doing a real investigation on the house side. And they aren’t going to just trust whatever the hell a witness tells them, like a Nunes led committee did.

The point is, there are MANY sources already in play that can spell huge trouble for Trump and those closest to him. And a few more that are either coming, or we likely don’t know about. By the time this is over, Mueller will know more about Trump’s activities than anyone else. Which won’t leave the Donald with any wiggle room.

To pretend like none of this is a big deal is delusional. The smoke is turning into small fires. And that’s just what we know about. It’ll be a raging inferno before it’s all over.

Side note: I’m really disappointed in Orrin Hatch. He basically said that a president committing felonies (campaign finance law violations) isn’t a big deal (“I don’t care”). This is the same guy that excoriated Bill Clinton for lying about his personal life, and voted to remove him from office. He’s truly sullied an illustrious career- to defend a guy that wouldn’t defend him, or anyone else for that matter.

Melatonin? You gotta knock ‘em out first? You hanging out with Kavanaugh?

Ugh, no. Melatonin refers to skin tone. The melatonin, the darker the skin. Generally.

That threw me for a minute. Didn’t make the connection to it being a sleep aid (forgot about it as a supplement ad a sleep aid).

Yeah, that was probably out of bounds ;). Kind of a really crude way of saying we're all the same.

And, I don’t think it works the same for guys. But then again, it’s not like I’ve seen a lot of dude’s penises (penii?).
Ask SHF about it.

Yeah, that was probably out of bounds ;). Kind of a really crude way of saying we're all the same.

And, I don’t think it works the same for guys. But then again, it’s not like I’ve seen a lot of dude’s penises (penii?).
I have. And it doesn’t. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT