ADVERTISEMENT

Burks commits!

This will be unpopular here, but if you look at the 2019 standings, the average finish of the east vs the west in the overall big ten standings was .1 difference. I don't think their is a huge discrepancy. Really, whoever has OSU is going to be perceived as the tougher division, but there isn't this giant gap anymore.

Also, you think Illinois will be a bowl team again? I don't think the wins are there. NU wouldn't surprise me, but again, where do the wins come from? I think they are behind Purdue and Nebraska right now.
I do think the est is better and I believe most nation wide would believe the same thing. I also agree that Memphis and AFA had really good years last year. As said before AFA is always tough Memphis has a new coaching staff that will not have no spring practice for install which will be tough as will BC have new staff. Also I think Wisconsin might be down a bit losing Taylor and their top receiver. Nebraska still has to prove they are better I do believe Frost is a good coach. Illinois showed signs last year that they are getting better I really like offensive coordinator Rod Smith. Iowa has some issues off the field that could be challenging but otherwise they are always a solid program. Minnesota is on the rise I don’t think they are elite. Rutgers will be better not good just better. Northwestern should be better also. In general yes your out of conference schedule is better but I believe IU in conference is as good or better.

Reactions: vesuvius13
This will be unpopular here, but if you look at the 2019 standings, the average finish of the east vs the west in the overall big ten standings was .1 difference. I don't think their is a huge discrepancy. Really, whoever has OSU is going to be perceived as the tougher division, but there isn't this giant gap anymore.

Also, you think Illinois will be a bowl team again? I don't think the wins are there. NU wouldn't surprise me, but again, where do the wins come from? I think they are behind Purdue and Nebraska right now.

Purdue is better than NW and Illinois. Your offense will be very very good. Your defense will suck. Diaco is one of the worst DCs that I have ever seen. You’ll win enough shootouts to make a bowl.

PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE PUKES ! They have a board of their own. Don't encourage them to come here and hijack threads that should be about IU football.
Just interested in seeing ttheir opinions with out going to their board where I can I get a grasp on their thoughts for their program and would love to hear Hoosier fan thoughts especially with things being so slow now. I would rather see this than politics,

PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE PUKES ! They have a board of their own. Don't encourage them to come here and hijack threads that should be about IU football.
You assumed wrong. Last year plus roster losses.
i think more important than roster losses in BC and Memphis is coaching losses. Add in no spring and it gonna be a real challenge

Purdue is better than NW and Illinois. Your offense will be very very good. Your defense will suck. Diaco is one of the worst DCs that I have ever seen. You’ll win enough shootouts to make a bowl.
This is quite the take about a DC that has never ran a defense that was ranked below 50 or so. Even his one year at Nebraska, they were ranked 33 in total defense. It's hard to say it's a bad hire.

I do think the est is better and I believe most nation wide would believe the same thing. I also agree that Memphis and AFA had really good years last year. As said before AFA is always tough Memphis has a new coaching staff that will not have no spring practice for install which will be tough as will BC have new staff. Also I think Wisconsin might be down a bit losing Taylor and their top receiver. Nebraska still has to prove they are better I do believe Frost is a good coach. Illinois showed signs last year that they are getting better I really like offensive coordinator Rod Smith. Iowa has some issues off the field that could be challenging but otherwise they are always a solid program. Minnesota is on the rise I don’t think they are elite. Rutgers will be better not good just better. Northwestern should be better also. In general yes your out of conference schedule is better but I believe IU in conference is as good or better.
Ya. I think the east is probably better, but I don't think it's super uneven. I don't hate that we don't have to play OSU, PSU, and UM every year though.

I'll be curious if this is the year IU gets PSU or UM.

Last edited:
Ya. I think the east is probably better, but I don't think it's super uneven. I don't hate that we don't have to play OSU, PSU, and UM every year though.

I'll be curious if this is the year IU gets PSU or UM.
I thought IU had a good shot at both this year but obviously it did not happen. Hopefully they can get both would be awesome.

One of the worst DC’s you’ve seen? Based on what? Hard to be worse than Holt the last few years.

This is quite the take about a DC that has never ran a defense that was ranked below 50 or so. Even his one year at Nebraska, they were ranked 33 in total defense. It's hard to say it's a bad hire.

never run,

You are aware that you have your own p u board right???

You have a premium board. Just what are Rivals free boards for if not for congenial sharing between schools of information and viewpoints. If somebody abuses the privilege they get banned. If you do not want to engage you can just ignore the thread. Some of your colleagues obviously do enjoy non acrimonious discussion of the coming season. Beats the hell out of another COVID or political discussion.

You have a premium board. Just what are Rivals free boards for if not for congenial sharing between schools of information and viewpoints. If somebody abuses the privilege they get banned. If you do not want to engage you can just ignore the thread. Some of your colleagues obviously do enjoy non acrimonious discussion of the coming season. Beats the hell out of another COVID or political discussion.
I like the dialogue with PU folks. This one is quite cordial relative to others.

The new Memphis coach will be in his 5th season on the staff. He was hired to provide continuity to the program.

Yes you would have the best team in the conference in the west but number 2 and three would probably still be Michigan and Penn State
Can you definitively say that though? Wisconsin steam rolled Michigan and Minny beat psu last year. Granted, I think Minny takes a big step back after losing their defense. But still.

As most are aware, these "congenial colleagues" rarely (if ever) post on their own free boards... This informs those of us who have followed their shitck for decades that they clearly have alterior motives besides just having a "congenial" discussion...

It's obvious that their primary reason to be here is to promote and defend p u football and denigrate INDIANA football..., based on that, I don't feel they deserve any degree of congeniality to be offered (ever)...

Last edited:
As most are aware, these "congenial colleagues" rarely (if ever) post on their own free boards... This informs those of us who have followed their shitck for decades that they clearly have alterior motives besides just having a "congenial" discussion...

It's obvious that their primary reason to be here is to promote and defend p u football and denigrate INDIANA football..., based on that, I don't feel you deserve any degree of congeniality to be offered (ever)...

It is a simple solution. Hit “ignore” which I do with quite a few GBI types. I was invited to paricipate on Peegs before Rivals was a twinkle in somebody’s eye. I live in Indiana, have many Hoosier friends, love the Big Ten and I am not going anyplace unless somebody in a higher position of authority decides it’s my time.

If you swapped OSU and Wisconsin, the west would be better. It's whoever has OSU.
Oh please. Yeah, NOW after 10 years of ridiculously lopsided power between the divisions, you can KINDA' say that since MSU has imploded, kind of, but you still have no programs that stack against Michigan & Penn State either, I assume we all see the recruiting rankings, like, every year. This alignment has been a varsity/jv situation the entire time.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
It is a simple solution. Hit “ignore” which I do with quite a few GBI types. I was invited to paricipate on Peegs before Rivals was a twinkle in somebody’s eye. I live in Indiana, have many Hoosier friends, love the Big Ten and I am not going anyplace unless somebody in a higher position of authority decides it’s my time.

I don't expect you to leave. Who would replace you as the official john purdue club spokesman on here...? The rest of your ilk can barely spell (which is why they've turned to a Depauw grad to carry their water)....

Oh please. Yeah, NOW after 10 years of ridiculously lopsided power between the divisions, you can KINDA' say that since MSU has imploded, kind of, but you still have no programs that stack against Michigan & Penn State either, I assume we all see the recruiting rankings, like, every year. This alignment has been a varsity/jv situation the entire time.
A few years ago, they were. But the west is catching the east fast. So why change it now? They are getting more and more even every year.

A few years ago, they were. But the west is catching the east fast. So why change it now? They are getting more and more even every year.

The entire football following world is laughing at you...

"the west is catching up to the east fast"

Here's hoping you're 7 years old and really haven't had a chance to watch much serious Big Ten football, otherwise you're completely clueless and you're simply embarrassing yourself...

Here's hoping you're 7 years old and really haven't had a chance to watch much serious Big Ten football, otherwise you're completely clueless and you're simply embarrassing yourself...
How do you say they aren't? Curious what you see/base it on. Maybe I'm missing something.

How do you say they aren't? Curious what you see/base it on. Maybe I'm missing something.

As you are the one that came here and surfaced this narrative, it would be appropriate for you to detail why you believe this to be accurate. Please include why the comparisons are expected to remain for any extended period of time. I would expect individual comparable team relationships as well as groupings such as upper half and lower half. or even relative thirds.

Try to avoid the pitfall of recentism at the exclusion of historical and projected contexts.

Reactions: 76-1

Hark, is that the voice of a cherub? The Big Ten East has not beaten Ohio State in the last 48 games. In the last 109 games with Big Ten teams Ohio State has lost 5 games. The last two games were lost to BTW foe Purdue by 29 points in 2018 and BTN rival Iowa by 31 points in 2017. They lost to PSU by 3 in 2016 and to MSU by 3 in 2015. The last time a Big Ten East program beat Ohio State by more than 3 points was in 2012 when MSU won 34-24. That was 96 games ago!

Hark, is that the voice of a cherub? The Big Ten East has not beaten Ohio State in the last 48 games. In the last 109 games with Big Ten teams Ohio State has lost 5 games. The last two games were lost to BTW foe Purdue by 29 points in 2018 and BTN rival Iowa by 31 points in 2017. They lost to PSU by 3 in 2016 and to MSU by 3 in 2015. The last time a Big Ten East program beat Ohio State by more than 3 points was in 2012 when MSU won 34-24. That was 96 games ago!

Softball

That is simply because o$u rarely takes an East division team seriously, while every East team sees a W against them as a finding the grail type event...

Their hubris beat them, not the more talented team (as you well know)...

I didn't say anything about changing it, but it should have been changed long ago. A reasonable amount of imbalance is to be expected & is no problem whatsoever, but this last decade has been ridiculous, & MOST of all, it's damaging to the B1G when the Champion loses ground in the CFP rankings every other year because they play a mediocre team in the B1G Championship game. OSU has missed out on the CFP twice(imo)due to playing weak opposition as compared to the other CFP candidates in their respective conference championship games. & if you pay attention to recruiting, that gap closing is not likely to continue. The East is still kicking the s#!+ out of the West on an annual basis: case in point, last year the East sported a collective 48 four & 5* commits, whereas the West had 24. This class so far, is 36 for the East, 14 for the West. If I keep going back, it gets uglier. I mean, just look at the schools, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State...this imbalance will NEVER change on it's own. That's just a rudimentary example, but I think it's representative of my point.

I didn't say anything about changing it, but it should have been changed long ago. A reasonable amount of imbalance is to be expected & is no problem whatsoever, but this last decade has been ridiculous, & MOST of all, it's damaging to the B1G when the Champion loses ground in the CFP rankings every other year because they play a mediocre team in the B1G Championship game. OSU has missed out on the CFP twice(imo)due to playing weak opposition as compared to the other CFP candidates in their respective conference championship games. & if you pay attention to recruiting, that gap closing is not likely to continue. The East is still kicking the s#!+ out of the West on an annual basis: case in point, last year the East sported a collective 48 four & 5* commits, whereas the West had 24. This class so far, is 36 for the East, 14 for the West. If I keep going back, it gets uglier. I mean, just look at the schools, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State...this imbalance will NEVER change on it's own. That's just a rudimentary example, but I think it's representative of my point.
OSU missed the playoffs because they can't beat Purdue. Had nothing to do with the championship. And yes. The top 3 in the east out recruits the west, but recruiting doesn't tell the whole story. And like I said before, the west is making huge gains in recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT