ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Kentucky Sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Cal had a unreal run from 2010 to 2015 because of players like John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, James Young, Julius Randle & Karl-Anthony Towns. But when Cal stopped getting the Transcedental One-and-Done player, the dominance ended. UK has still been good - but not nearly as good as what BBN wants or expects.

[/QUOTE]

Kudos...you just named far more former KY players than the average KY fan could.

Cal had a unreal run from 2010 to 2015 because of players like John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, James Young, Julius Randle & Karl-Anthony Towns. But when Cal stopped getting the Transcedental One-and-Done player, the dominance ended. UK has still been good - but not nearly as good as what BBN wants or expects.

Kudos...you just named far more former KY players than the average KY fan could.
[/QUOTE]
Seeing all of them where there less than 9 months, I can somewhat understand how that could happen.
[/QUOTE]

Outsourcing the program to an off-campus semi-pro model can work as long as the wins keep coming but once it slows...the grads quickly begin to realize what they gave up.

The "Unforgettables" were long forgotten.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Actually, Calipari is getting eaten alive over on Rupp Rafters. The weeping and gnashing of gums in Lexington is at an all-time high - just as I have predicted in recent years:

I said it here.

And here.

NOTE: this was before the lifetime contract was given to Cal.

And here.

And here.

Don't forget this one.

I've said this - consistently - for years: BBN tolerated the OAD because it made them relevant again. They couldn't stand Calipari when he was at Memphis, thought he was a slimeball and a cheater - then they got turned down twice by Billy Donovan. And no one else wanted to step up to the plate in Lexington, knowing the unachievable expectations the fanbase has with UK basketball.

Just as I predicted, the implosion isn't setting well with the toothless wonders in the Commonwealth. Calipari turning over his roster every year has finally caught up to him. And Stevie Wonder could see this happening from 5 miles away.
When you say “no one else wanted to step up to the plate in Lexington”, to whom are you referring? Who else was offered and declined the job? And do you think the RR posters are any wiser about UK hoops than most of the people here are about IU? And do you think Cal or Miller care?

Actually, Calipari is getting eaten alive over on Rupp Rafters. The weeping and gnashing of gums in Lexington is at an all-time high - just as I have predicted in recent years:

I said it here.

And here.

And here.

And here.

Don't forget this one.

I've said this - consistently - for years: BBN tolerated the OAD because it made them relevant again. They couldn't stand Calipari when he was at Memphis, thought he was a slimeball and a cheater - then they got turned down twice by Billy Donovan. And no one else wanted to step up to the plate in Lexington, knowing the unachievable expectations the fanbase has with UK basketball.

Just as I predicted, the implosion isn't setting well with the toothless wonders in the Commonwealth. Calipari turning over his roster every year has finally caught up to him. And Stevie Wonder could see this happening from 5 miles away.

Not certain what the 'T' in TOAD represents. Seem to recollect that it was your usage that prompted it. Is it "transcendental"?

PS - Don't take the bait.

Not certain what the 'T' in TOAD represents. Seem to recollect that it was your usage that prompted it. Is it "transcendental"?

PS - Don't take the bait.
Yes - Transcendental One-and-Done. Guys like John Wall. Cousins. KAT.

The guys that Calipari used to get, and hasn't since 2015. And they aren't any time soon.

I keep hearing the “Duke pays them” we don’t type crap. This years draft should’ve been an eye opener for them.

WTH is up with Cowardpari's wardrobe today. I guess it's one thing not to wear a tie, or a coat, or any type of shirt that has your school's logo on it at all. But, for crying out loud, if you're wearing a dress shirt...tuck it in, for crying out loud. That guy is clearly losing his mind. And it's awesome to watch it unfold. LOL

I said it here.

And here.

And here.

And here.

Don't forget this one.

I don't believe I ever met a UK fan who gave two $hit$ about whether or not their coach or program cheated. I've known more than a few that admitted they probably were cheating and tried to justify that with a claim that "everyone cheats." One of those people was a shipmate in my fourth ship who played football at UK during the Pitino years. He was only a football player at a school where basketball was/is King, but he said boosters slipped him cash and that it was common knowledge that the basketball players were getting the big bucks in comparison. I asked if Pitino knew and he said it wasn't possible that he didn't, but of course, "it happens at every school." UK fans don't care about cheating based on my experience so any criticism of cheating by Calipari before he arrived shouldn't have been taken seriously. They do care about winning though (they live vicariously through those winning teams) and they'll turn on any coach that doesn't win as much as they think they should.

It’s pathetic, I admit, but the only rival I have in emotion equal to IU winning a game is seeing Kentucky lose a game. A little extra special sauce today with it being to their rival. 1-6. C-A-T-S! Love it.

Reactions: F.Fletch and MrBing
4rp0jx.jpg

Reactions: twenty02
I don't believe I ever met a UK fan who gave two $hit$ about whether or not their coach or program cheated. I've known more than a few that admitted they probably were cheating and tried to justify that with a claim that "everyone cheats." One of those people was a shipmate in my fourth ship who played football at UK during the Pitino years. He was only a football player at a school where basketball was/is King, but he said boosters slipped him cash and that it was common knowledge that the basketball players were getting the big bucks in comparison. I asked if Pitino knew and he said it wasn't possible that he didn't, but of course, "it happens at every school." UK fans don't care about cheating based on my experience so any criticism of cheating by Calipari before he arrived shouldn't have been taken seriously. They do care about winning though (they live vicariously through those winning teams) and they'll turn on any coach that doesn't win as much as they think they should.
This is true. They claim he doesn’t have to anymore. They say he did before and after he came to UK. It’s funny how much they hated him to.

This Kentucky team has brought so much joy into my life. If anyone knows where I can buy a team picture with all their signatures please let me know. This is a team for the ages and I will look back so fondly on the team with the worst UK bball record since 1911. It is like the universe offered up a treat for all the Hoosiers that had trials and tribulations during 2020. Thank you universe.

l just looked at Rupp’s Rafters and so funny to see the whining and crying about Alabama clearing their bench in Rupp.

What happened to all the One and Done fan boys that used to post ad infinitum here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey
To me it's always been easy to root against KY just because it was KY and I'm a IU fan, nothing against there players. This years team is only concerned about they're rights to kneel during the National Anthem instead of playing basketball. Gotta love watching them lose again & again. GO IU

Reactions: CriticArisen
This Kentucky team has brought so much joy into my life. If anyone knows where I can buy a team picture with all their signatures please let me know. This is a team for the ages and I will look back so fondly on the team with the worst UK bball record since 1911. It is like the universe offered up a treat for all the Hoosiers that had trials and tribulations during 2020. Thank you universe.

l just looked at Rupp’s Rafters and so funny to see the whining and crying about Alabama clearing their bench in Rupp.

What happened to all the One and Done fan boys that used to post ad infinitum here.
Glad we could give IU fans something to cheer for. Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Radio Zero
They have one for us. It’s only fair for us to have one for them.

Kentucky! You suck!
Yeah, makes sense...other than the obvious in that they get to use the one that they have on a virtual annual basis and this one gets to be used literally, once.

I hate Kentucky, but I'd take Cal's tournament resume over the last 10 years. I am so glad they lost tonight though. It's always a good night when Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, Duke, Purdue, Michigan State, or Wisconsin lose. Damn, I have a long list.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT