ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Kentucky Sucks.

wait for it...2016. Four NCAA tourney appearances in 13 years. How pathetic is that?

Fun fact of the day: Indiana has made the NCAA tournament 39 times in program history. Kentucky has been to the Elite Eight or better 38 times.

Fun Fact #2 of the day: Indiana has been as far as the Elite Eight or farther ONCE since 1993.
Kentucky has been that far or farther 15 times in the same period.

wait for it...2016. Four NCAA tourney appearances in 13 years. How pathetic is that?

Fun fact of the day: Indiana has made the NCAA tournament 39 times in program history. Kentucky has been to the Elite Eight or better 38 times.

Fun Fact #2 of the day: Indiana has been as far as the Elite Eight or farther ONCE since 1993.
Brooks is right.
Racist never win.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

But. You still suck. Currently. Kentucky Basketball is on their decline.

Here are my fun facts.

#1. UK got their ass kicked by Josh Pastner.

#2. UK basketball is currently 1-3.

But. You still suck. Currently. Kentucky Basketball is on their decline.

Here are my fun facts.

#1. UK got their ass kicked by Josh Pastner.

#2. UK basketball is currently 1-3.
1st time we’ve been 1-3 since 2003 since then IU has made 0 elite 8s and 0 final fours and won 0 titles UK has been to 4 final fours and won 1 title since then.

This is a universally recognized symbol for UK losing.
tenor.gif

Fun Fact of the day: Kentucky has had entire seasons cancelled by the NCAA - for Point Shaving and for illegal FedEx packages. IU? Yeah, them too - for too many phone calls.

And I don’t know if Archie is the guy to make IU relevant again on a national stage. What I DO know is Indiana will NEVER accept the program being ran like yours is.

Tried to tell you all; tried to tell @fpeaugh. UK sold it’s soul to be relevant again. Well, the chickens have come home to roost. The ONLY way you can operate as a OAD program and have high level success is to recruit the Transcendental one-and-done player.

Calipari did - up until 2015. He hasn’t since. And it caught up to him.

Any other fun facts you’d like to discuss, Ritchie?

They have one for us. It’s only fair for us to have one for them.

Kentucky! You suck!
If we did what your title asks, this thread would never leave the top spot and there'd be no need for bumping!

Yeah Richard we know. The reason you're being trolled is because your life sucks so bad that you go onto another teams forum just to talk shit and aggravate people... think about that. WHAT A LOSER!!

Reactions: brianiu
I said when Wisconsin beat them in the final four a few years ago, the luster come off. Beat by inferior players and an elite coach. Since they no longer get the top 2-3 out of the top five and the ones they do get are more overrated players.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil

Fun Fact #1 of the day or week. Doesn't change that Ky sucks today.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Fun Fact of the day: Kentucky has had entire seasons cancelled by the NCAA - for Point Shaving and for illegal FedEx packages. IU? Yeah, them too - for too many phone calls.

And I don’t know if Archie is the guy to make IU relevant again on a national stage. What I DO know is Indiana will NEVER accept the program being ran like yours is.

Tried to tell you all; tried to tell @fpeaugh. UK sold it’s soul to be relevant again. Well, the chickens have come home to roost. The ONLY way you can operate as a OAD program and have high level success is to recruit the Transcendental one-and-done player.

Calipari did - up until 2015. He hasn’t since. And it caught up to him.

Any other fun facts you’d like to discuss, Ritchie?
So explain to me how Dwayne Casey got millions of dollars in court after they found the package was a sham?? Explain to me how LOSING games on purpose by being bribed by the MOB is cheating? Are you going to ignore how rampant that was back in the 50s? Ignore the 600 phone calls, Gary Harris’ recruitment, Ahope and Romeo Langford’s adidas recruitment. Keep your head in the sand. IU is a dead program 1 trip past the elite 8 in 29 years. No national title since since Ronald Regean was in office. You guys can’t even beat your main rival anymore. Just stop speaking about UK it’s embarrassing. I remember when indiana basketball mattered. I remember when indiana basketball hung banners. I remember when they didn’t storm the court after beating wisconsin. I remember when they didn’t cut the nets after a loss. I remember when they didn’t make popcorn boxes and paintings for a regular season win in december. Indiana sucks and they have for 30 years.

So explain to me how Dwayne Casey got millions of dollars in court after they found the package was a sham?? Explain to me how LOSING games on purpose by being bribed by the MOB is cheating? Are you going to ignore how rampant that was back in the 50s? Ignore the 600 phone calls, Gary Harris’ recruitment, Ahope and Romeo Langford’s adidas recruitment. Keep your head in the sand. IU is a dead program 1 trip past the elite 8 in 29 years. No national title since since Ronald Regean was in office. You guys can’t even beat your main rival anymore. Just stop speaking about UK it’s embarrassing. I remember when indiana basketball mattered. I remember when indiana basketball hung banners. I remember when they didn’t storm the court after beating wisconsin. I remember when they didn’t cut the nets after a loss. I remember when they didn’t make popcorn boxes and paintings for a regular season win in december. Indiana sucks and they have for 30 years.
Do you remember when we didn't make ESPN commercials that included that same regular season December victory? Hey wait, that wasn't IU was it?

Lmao! 600 calls that are legal. Romeo adidas recruitment? Ahope? Who walked away from home and home? The last year we played which was forced UK lost. That’s what Cal feared. It’s come full circle. He knew his facade wasn’t sustainable. He knew even as bad as IU has been he wouldn’t keep beating them. Now he is scheduling teams that aren’t suppose to win. Imagine the last 2 IU teams playing home and home with UK. Keep saying that IU wasn’t a rival. Keep saying it.

U’ mad, fat boy? Your post comes off as very defensive. Predictably, you don’t actually address any of UK’s problems or your coach’s deficiencies. You just go into a rage about IU only making it past the sweet sixteen once since 1993. Shouldn’t we be the ones upset by that?

If Calipari was adept at more than just rollin’ those balls out at practice and lying his ass off to recruits and the media you’d have 2 more titles at a minimum with the talent you’ve had come through there. Now it looks like the ship has probably sailed.

Reactions: hoosier48
So explain to me how Dwayne Casey got millions of dollars in court after they found the package was a sham??
It was not “found” to be anything.

A settlement was reached out of court by Emery Worldwide to save the cost of litigation. THAT’S why Casey received money; it wasn’t because anything was “proven”.

Explain to me how LOSING games on purpose by being bribed by the MOB is cheating? Are you going to ignore how rampant that was back in the 50s?
Rampant? It involved only 7 schools - 4 of them from New York. Bradley, Toledo and, of course, UK were the other 3.
Please explain to us how the “Mob” forced UK and the other 6 teams to shave points - but for some reason left the other 300+ college basketball teams alone? Btw - scandal was in the 51-52 seasons. No other “rampant” cheating occurred.

Ignore the 600 phone calls, Gary Harris’ recruitment, Ahope and Romeo Langford’s adidas recruitment.

600? More like 100 - calls which are now legal.

Gary Harris recruitment? You mean when Crean visited HSE on the start of the dead period? Guess we should have just paid him $100K like Kentucky did with AD.

Ahope? Yeah, Adams wife bought $140 worth of bumper stickers over 7 years. Helluva scandal there.

Langford’s recruitment? Please, do tell what IU did illicit in that recruitment.

Do we even want to get into Eric Bledsoe? Naw, didn’t think you would.

Indiana sucks and they have for 30 years.

Yet, here you are. Attempting to troll on the site of a “irrelevant team”. Can’t say I blame you, though. Watching a team with a 1:2 assist/TO ratio in 3 losses has to drive you elsewhere.

GoBigBle712
Freshman

Thursday at 12:57 PM
1. I don’t think Few, Bennet, or Wright will ever leave their respective schools. They are essentially legends there.
2. I don’t know if Beard’s model of developing transfer could work at UK. He doesn’t seem to be a great recruiter.
3. Brad Underwood is overrated by Illinois fans.
4. Holtmann is not a great coach, has not been able to win many big games and gets overrated here because he’s a KY native.
5. My five realistic hires would be: Mark Pope, BYU (UK alum, built a solid program out in Provo), Travis Ford, SLU (also a UK alum, building something special in STL), Leonard Hamilton, FSU (Former UK assistant, FSU always seems to be Top 25), Scott Drew, Baylor (Built some fantastic teams at Baylor), Matt Painter, Purdue (always has Purdue in the tourney)

Check out the last name on this UK fan's wish list.

GoBigBle712
Freshman

Thursday at 12:57 PM
1. I don’t think Few, Bennet, or Wright will ever leave their respective schools. They are essentially legends there.
2. I don’t know if Beard’s model of developing transfer could work at UK. He doesn’t seem to be a great recruiter.
3. Brad Underwood is overrated by Illinois fans.
4. Holtmann is not a great coach, has not been able to win many big games and gets overrated here because he’s a KY native.
5. My five realistic hires would be: Mark Pope, BYU (UK alum, built a solid program out in Provo), Travis Ford, SLU (also a UK alum, building something special in STL), Leonard Hamilton, FSU (Former UK assistant, FSU always seems to be Top 25), Scott Drew, Baylor (Built some fantastic teams at Baylor), Matt Painter, Purdue (always has Purdue in the tourney)

Check out the last name on this UK fan's wish list.
Pork Chop would get eaten alive in Lexington.

Reactions: brianiu and McHoop
Bump. Nothing has changed in spite of inactivity. They still suck.

McHoop

I've come here a lot to gig IU basketball, so I won't be a hypocrite now. Yes, this UK team sucks right now, but, while I'm not sure about it, I'm still confident Cal can turn it around and we will be in the hunt come post season. As for the state of the program, even if this season is a bust, I will still be optimistic about next season as long as we have Cal. The reason being, he plays a high-risk, high-reward game.

Cal doesn't recruit one-and-done players; he recruits the best players who, for the most part these days, are one-and-done. This means each year he has to develop a new team with new players. Most years he is successful, some years he isn't. It's possible this could be one of those years. If it is, I'll be disappointed, but will look forward to a top recruiting class and a new team next year. This team might turn out to be a disappointment, but the program is strong and in good hands.

And, yes, I know, toothless, incest, paying players, etc., etc.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I've come here a lot to gig IU basketball, so I won't be a hypocrite now. Yes, this UK team sucks right now, but, while I'm not sure about it, I'm still confident Cal can turn it around and we will be in the hunt come post season. As for the state of the program, even if this season is a bust, I will still be optimistic about next season as long as we have Cal. The reason being, he plays a high-risk, high-reward game.

Cal doesn't recruit one-and-done players; he recruits the best players who, for the most part these days, are one-and-done. This means each year he has to develop a new team with new players. Most years he is successful, some years he isn't. It's possible this could be one of those years. If it is, I'll be disappointed, but will look forward to a top recruiting class and a new team next year. This team might turn out to be a disappointment, but the program is strong and in good hands.

Like we/I care. Keep bumping with your paragraph long truthtelling.

I’ll give you credit - you owned up to it on what you guys have.
Will he turn it around this season? You guys might still make the dance, but you’d have to get a helluva draw and a ton of upsets to make a Final Four. No way in hell Cal winning a title with this team.
Honest question: how long will BBN continue to go without making it to a Final Four to continue supporting Calipari? Turning over the roster every year leaves you extremely young perpetually, and to counter that inexperience you have to recruit like Cal did up until 2015. He hasn’t since.

btw - Aspen Dental has a buy one, get one free on a set of dentures holiday special. Just trying to bring holiday cheer to our toothless brethren down south. ;)

money going to the wrong players!! lol uk blows
When Cal had a stranglehold on the OAD market, life was good for the 'Cats. When Coach K and Ole Roy started matching offers, the talent pool got divided and the curtain got pulled back on Cal's coaching magic. If you want to make the final four with OADs, you better have several of the best. If you want to land a kid like Zion along with two or three others, you'd better know what kind of deal the other guys are offering. If you can't match the money and the perks, you'll be on the outside looking in the last weekend in March.

Ole Roy started matching offers,
UNC recruiting has been down. The line you're looking for is when World Wide Wes started showing up to Duke and USA practices and stopped showing up at UK. UNC is not a one and done factory, they get a few here and there .. but not like a WWW sanctioned basketball brothel like UK or Duke.

UK recruiting looking like “I’m desperate to stay relevant” I’ll take any high ranked player I can get. They have no system just point at top ten and hope we can get 2-3 regardless of position. I hesitate to say Crean like but it’s not good when you had 1 player get a decent draft after that last class.

4 losses in a row, historical record of biggest deficit at halftime, and another home loss. I'm sure the fan base is split on the Cats future. Seems like the last few years they have struggled early but came on strong late. This year seems worse though, they might end up with 10-12 losses and NIT bound.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT