ADVERTISEMENT

Bullet Dodged

Looks like in the second half too. Mrs Hooky is beside herself. "Stop dancing with them and play defense!"
i missed the second half so far, but pitt was very technical from what i watched. was at gamestop with my kid who was buying let's dance or something for xbox and you'll get a kick out of this - there were too goofy kids, probably 20, looking at games talking about their crypto investments. i left my kid and walked over to creep on em to try and hear what they were talking about. i'm 50. i'm at rock bottom with this shit

We've been watching at the bier brewing tasting room around the corner from the house. Last call was 9:50 finally had to leave after the goal. I'm now in the blind.

Reactions: Seyton
i missed the second half so far, but pitt was very technical from what i watched. was at gamestop with my kid who was buying let's dance or something for xbox and you'll get a kick out of this - there were too goofy kids, probably 20, looking at games talking about their crypto investments. i left my kid and walked over to creep on em to try and hear what they were talking about. i'm 50. i'm at rock bottom with this shit
What channel

yep game's over. marshall in the finals monday night. they beat unc. another all international team. i'd be shocked if iu doesn't win. 9th national championship. one more to match slu
IU should win, but Marshall has had one heck of a run taking out Clemson, Georgetown, and UNC. Eventually their luck has got to run out.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
IU should win, but Marshall has had one heck of a run taking out Clemson, Georgetown, and UNC. Eventually their luck has got to run out.
yeah and i absolutely love seeing it. but iu is something else. just always finds a way to win. it's crazy. and like i said; it's basically a midwest all star team versus internationals every game.

This has been a wild ride. All it takes is one in the net is right. Thought we were out-played all night, but Endeley .. wow!!

It’s been nine years. Time to add another star another.

Number 9. Number 9. Number 9. Number 9 ...

As a student long ago, I enjoyed the soccer games. I was reminded of a memory of one last night - I believe it was against “The School Formerly Known as Philadelphia Textile,” in the early 1980s. IU dominated the game from the opener but just seemed cursed against scoring. Toward the very end the ball squirted to midfield into to IU side of the field (for what seemed to be the only time all game) a player for TSFKAPT took off with the ball and planted a shot in the back of our net for the game winner. It was dreadful; it think it was a wet and windy evening, all for naught! While we were not dominated last night nearly to the extent of my game memory from long ago, I suspect I know how a Pitt fan feels. But for us to persevere and win last night is most gratifying. Now let’s get the last one.

As a student long ago, I enjoyed the soccer games. I was reminded of a memory of one last night - I believe it was against “The School Formerly Known as Philadelphia Textile,” in the early 1980s. IU dominated the game from the opener but just seemed cursed against scoring. Toward the very end the ball squirted to midfield into to IU side of the field (for what seemed to be the only time all game) a player for TSFKAPT took off with the ball and planted a shot in the back of our net for the game winner. It was dreadful; it think it was a wet and windy evening, all for naught! While we were not dominated last night nearly to the extent of my game memory from long ago, I suspect I know how a Pitt fan feels. But for us to persevere and win last night is most gratifying. Now let’s get the last one.
Ha good stuff. Philadelphia textile. Awesome. Alabama A&M. Howard. San Francisco. Hartwick. SIU edwardsville. Great 70/80s programs

Yup, soccer can be pretty cruel like that- much more so than other sports. Most sports, the team that dominates statistically is going to win. Since goals are so rare in soccer, you can often get one “against the run of play” for the weaker team, and it is the difference in the final score. IU was a lot like in the Freitag years- they would dominate matches and outshoot opponents, but could never find the back of the net.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Love this post. Dad is retired UE prof. In fact he designed Ace Purple mascot. I'm an EVV guy. UE was great in soccer. Nationally ranked. etc. Thx for posting. Took me back a minute. Go Hoosiers! Get #9.
Small world. My father taught at UE for 35 years before retiring 3 years ago. We used to all go to Black Beauty Field and watch those great teams of the 80s. I remember them playing UCLA somewhere around '85. It may have even been the round of 8 or even the national semifinal. I more clearly remember them knocking out IU in 1990 in the round of 8. That was a heck of a game.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Love this post. Dad is retired UE prof. In fact he designed Ace Purple mascot. I'm an EVV guy. UE was great in soccer. Nationally ranked. etc. Thx for posting. Took me back a minute. Go Hoosiers! Get #9.
What department/school did your dad teach in?

I always liked Ace Purple-he was quite the entertainer at those old Roberts Stadium games.

My father was a music prof. I promise they know each other but no ID's on the board.
My father was in Arts/Sciences, but I'm sure they knew each other too.

Terrible whats going on with the academic/program cuts at UE now. My father comnvinced the whole university is going under in the next few years. EDIT: I just saw President P revised his plan and is saving some of the majors that were to be eliminated.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobilehoosier
My father was in Arts/Sciences, but I'm sure they knew each other too.

Terrible whats going on with the academic/program cuts at UE now. My father comnvinced the whole university is going under in the next few years. EDIT: I just saw President P revised his plan and is saving some of the majors that were to be eliminated.
My family is watching too. Very concerned about the future of the school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT