ADVERTISEMENT

Build your all time hustle team since you’ve been a fan!

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
12 scholarships and 1 walk-on to earn the 13th scholarship.

Ive been watching IU basketball since 1990-1991 season (I’m 38, Damon’s freshman year) So I can only go by what Ive seen.
in no order:
AJ Moye
Chris Reynolds
Matt Nover
Dane Fife
Brian Evans
Haris Mujezinovic
Tom Coverdale
Victor Oladipo
Jeff Newton (Very underrated player)
Damon Bailey (my all time fave)
Thomas Bryant. (Heart and hustle while here)
Alan Henderson

Walk on: Errek Suhr gets the nod over Ryan Tapak and Mark Johnsons magical 2 game 2004 BIG10 tourny run. vbg
Coach: Hmmmmm ;)

You older guys will build a better roster I’m sure. Remember the rule is has to be when you started watching IU. And I’m sure I’m missing someone very important during my fanhood 90-present.. Lewis comes to mind.

good list, here's what I can think of:

Moye
Reynolds
Harris M
Meeks
Fife
Lewis
Sheehy
Oladipo
Bryant
Hulls
Juwan Morgan
McRoberts

walk on: Suhr

Though I do not respond much at all, I really enjoy reading some of these types of threads.
This one brought on tto respond.
I got:

Nover and Hillman for sure. I would add Jamal Meeks to the list andthen 5 guys most people do not think about much:

May
Woodson
Alford
Cheaney
Guyton

Some mentioned a guy like Sloan who set the screens but imagine being the “pinball” constantly moving in the motion offense and bouncing off the screens and the bumps and grabs from defenders they had to go through and around.
I would love to see a “sport science” study of how far Alford ran in an average game just on offense.

Does anyone know how much Alford had to run on the court to get around screens?? Miles. He had to really hustle to get shots and still had the legs for great free throw shooting. My top 5 -Bobby Wilkerson,Jeff Newton,Chris Reynolds,Calbert Cheaney and Alan Henderson.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
My 20th Century All Hustle Team

I was too young to really appreciate any of the teams prior to 78-79 season, so it starts there.

Guards:
Jim Thomas
Chris Reynolds

Forwards:
Eyl
Sloan

Center:
Tolbert

Randle El was always a lightening bolt of energy and hustle when he played for IU too.

Quite the difference from Cameron.
go back to 1950--1953--Sam Miranda, great shooter, great dribbler--Sam Esposito--great PG--played 1950- baseball player, signed with Chicago white sox--Bobby Masters, Dr -all BIG forward--great guy--big Lou Scott--Don Schlundt--all American--part of 1953 NCAA winner--Bobby Leonard--Chuck Farley--allin all, great guys, great team players--

go back to 1950--1953--Sam Miranda, great shooter, great dribbler--Sam Esposito--great PG--played 1950- baseball player, signed with Chicago white sox--Bobby Masters, Dr -all BIG forward--great guy--big Lou Scott--Don Schlundt--all American--part of 1953 NCAA winner--Bobby Leonard--Chuck Farley--allin all, great guys, great team players--
Way before my time. Had to keep it with what I saw and know.

Dan Dakich
Haris Mujezinovic
Chris Reynolds
Tom Pritchard
AJ Moye
Juwan Morgan
Will Sheehey
Joe Hillman
Zach McRoberts
Jarrad Odle
Jamal Meeks
Michael Lewis

Who was the guy with the put-back jam during the Crean years? I think his last name started with a ‘P’. He and Sheehey are two members of my hustle team … as I remember.

Greg Graham- once he learned to recover and not just let his guy drive by him, of course!

Seriously though, the ‘92 and ‘93 teams were my favorite to watch (I was too young in ’87 to remember them). I remember rooting for Dook to beat UK in that ‘92 regional final only to have Ted Valentine happen in the FF.

The ‘02 team certainly had its share of go-getters too, esp Moye and Fife.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT