ADVERTISEMENT

Bucket Game kicks at Noon on ESPN 2

dillonpgp

Freshman
Feb 21, 2006
Joined by Michigan /Ohio State at Noon on Fox.

3:30 games are Maryland @ Penn State on ABC
Illinois at Northwestern on BTN
Minnesota @ Wisconsin on ESPN or ESPN2

At 4:00pm, Rutgers st Michigan State play on Fox

Nebraska at Iowa is a noon kickoff on Friday.

Reactions: snowling and SRIV94
I despise noon starts.

Thanksgiving weekend, no students, noon kick, PU grads don't travel and two bad teams.

Even with a bowl on the line, this will be 30,000 tops.

Agree. Noon starts just too early. In a non tv world, I’d vote for 2p kickoff. Enough time to tailgate, go to a game and have some evening after.
I don't like noon starts early in the season but I don't mind in November. I like the
3:30 is my favorite. Chance to warm up a bit and as you say...tailgate time plus din din afterwards at Zagrebs.
I despise noon starts until late in the season. I kind of like them in November. I like being in the sun the entire game this time of year. I can also grab late-afternoon lunch/early dinner and make it home in time for any evening plans or drive home right after the game and catch most of the 3:30 games on the tube (including PU's ass-beating at Minny).

Joined by Michigan /Ohio State at Noon on Fox.

3:30 games are Maryland @ Penn State on ABC
Illinois at Northwestern on BTN
Minnesota @ Wisconsin on ESPN or ESPN2

At 4:00pm, Rutgers st Michigan State play on Fox

Nebraska at Iowa is a noon kickoff on Friday.

Who outside of the Spartan fan base would want to watch Rutgers at Michigan State? A 4 pm start for that mis-match is puzzling.

Reactions: 76-1
I don't like noon starts early in the season but I don't mind in November. I like the

I despise noon starts until late in the season. I kind of like them in November. I like being in the sun the entire game this time of year. I can also grab late-afternoon lunch/early dinner and make it home in time for any evening plans or drive home right after the game and catch most of the 3:30 games on the tube (including PU's ass-beating at Minny).

The sun drops behind the west stands at halftime though.

Sort of expected.

Personally, I hate noon Kickoffs too.

I know I'm in the (evidently) extreme minority but I'll take a 7:30pm start time, under the lights..., all year long... Gives you most of the day to accomplish most of the important family stuff and you're still able to make it in your seats by the kick if you live within a 4 hour radius...

Too bad we don't get a vote...

Who outside of the Spartan fan base would want to watch Rutgers at Michigan State? A 4 pm start for that mis-match is puzzling.

The answer may lie in the possibility that Fox still has one opening left to fulfill its contractual obligations to the B10. Also, with Bama/Auburn on CBS, Fox is taking its inevitable lumps at 4. It will clean up with Michigan/OSU at Noon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SRIV94
Exactly. And it’s not like there are any other great games available in FOX’s stable after you get past MICH/OSU.

If not for BTN having another programming commitment (wrestling) in the usual early football window, you may well have seen RUTG/MSU in that slot instead.

ADVERTISEMENT