ADVERTISEMENT

Bucket Game 2 is Off

The question isn't tonight's College Football Playoff Poll, but next weeks.

IU missing final two weeks doesn't help resume.

If Minnesota beats Wisconsin, IU could have a serious hit to their resume.

Fwiw

Reactions: Sope Creek
Per IUFB Twitter..

Question now

Have we done enough in the CFP Committees eyes to earn a NY6 Bowl?

I think tonight's ranking is very important. We need to be at least 12 (if not 11 or 10). Most teams behind us will not be playing due to not playing in a conference championship. Loser of Oklahoma and ISU SHOULD drop behind us. Florida with a loss SHOULD drop behind us (I expect them to be higher than us). I think we still are in decent shape.

While I Like the thought of a top 6 Bowl as much as anyone, I think we're in a Win - Win position...

It appears that even if Barta screws us again that the worst thing that can happen is a drop down to the Outback Bowl in Tampa (on 1/2/21 [I think])...

From a purely Recruiting perspective that may just be the best thing that could happen to us... ((so the joke will end up being on Barta and friends))...😷😎

While I Like the thought of a top 6 Bowl as much as anyone, I think we're in a Win - Win position...

It appears that even if Barta screws us again that the worst thing that can happen is a drop down to the Outback Bowl in Tampa (on 1/2/21 [I think])...

From a purely Recruiting perspective that may just be the best thing that could happen to us... ((so the joke will end up being on Barta and friends))...😷😎
And Iowa on September 4, too . . . .

Reactions: 76-1
Because of covid

1. IU misses out on what would have been the first NCAA bid of archie’s tenure at IU.
2. Purdue gets a free pass because the tournament they would have missed anyway was cancelled.
3. IU only gets to play 8 games (maybe) in a season where it is kicking the crap out of everyone not named Ohio state.
4. Purdue gets a shortened season when they suck out loud and thus avoid multiple games of embarrassment including avoiding IU, who would’ve almost certainly put another I on the chain.

this is bullcrap.

Did you expect any other wrap up to 2020? 😉😷😣😎

The NCAA needs to Just finish this season asap, and look to start a few weeks earlier next season! Not finish at a time when Covid can peak! Plus, the vaccines are starting to come out! It would be nice if those vaccines can circulate asap to finish this season but doubtful!

Per IUFB Twitter..

Question now

Have we done enough in the CFP Committees eyes to earn a NY6 Bowl?

I think tonight's ranking is very important. We need to be at least 12 (if not 11 or 10). Most teams behind us will not be playing due to not playing in a conference championship. Loser of Oklahoma and ISU SHOULD drop behind us. Florida with a loss SHOULD drop behind us (I expect them to be higher than us). I think we still are in decent shape.

I still think the Bucket Game should be played at the end of Spring Practice in place of each teams Spring Game... You could do the same thing for any other Big Ten TROPHY Games that weren't able to be played this past Fall...

Since in Reality the Big Ten and the NCAA are literally all about the money... playing this game would be a big time money maker..., they should Love be the concept... We would literally be The Only Game in Town (as in on TV) and would draw incredible viewership numbers...; also, if this game is played on April 24th it would give the pro scouts a full four days to digest the live On Field individual player results prior to the 4/29/21 Draft... That would be a win/win for both the athletes and the pro teams...

• Haha
Reactions: EarlTubbs

Fwiw

Thats absolutely ridiculous. IU is fine, poor Iowa is not.

Reactions: 76-1
New CDC guidelines say 7-10 days now, so B10 should seemingly be able to safely adapt to lower than 21 days now too.
If we can change rules for the championship game we can change the rules that protect kids. They get to play faster with less safety. Seems like a piece of cake for the B1G. DWS!!! Go Hoosiers!

Fwiw

If that’s the case, then OSU should be really, really worried about making the 4 team play off because they’ve cancelled 3 games and their resume must be in shambles.

Oh wait, I forgot. This is all subjective Only applies to the non-power schools.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Penn State in playoff consideration now that they have a small winning streak. Hell, let’s just move them up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT