ADVERTISEMENT

Bucket Game 2 is Off

Hoosiers317

Newcomer
Dec 10, 2020
Per IUFB Twitter..

Question now

Have we done enough in the CFP Committees eyes to earn a NY6 Bowl?

I think tonight's ranking is very important. We need to be at least 12 (if not 11 or 10). Most teams behind us will not be playing due to not playing in a conference championship. Loser of Oklahoma and ISU SHOULD drop behind us. Florida with a loss SHOULD drop behind us (I expect them to be higher than us). I think we still are in decent shape.

Last edited:
Not surprised , the 21 day quarantine makes it really hard to have enough players to play the game once it hits your team .

Dang. Oh well. Guess it’s sorta self inflicted, no? If the Big 10 knew we weren’t the problem, we’d been scheduled Iowa. They had inside info.

I don't think we'll be healthy enough to play a bowl game at all unless it is a NY6 game. I mean, bowl season very literally starts next week; if we don't get a New Year's game or later, you have to imagine we either have to turn it down or cancel because of the protocol. And that would suck immensely.

I don't think we'll be healthy enough to play a bowl game at all unless it is a NY6 game. I mean, bowl season very literally starts next week; if we don't get a New Year's game or later, you have to imagine we either have to turn it down or cancel because of the protocol. And that would suck immensely.
Even if we drop out of NY6. Citrus and Outback are January 1st/2nd. That is our floor.

Reactions: 76-1 and TMFT
I am still rooting for NW , sorry but have to
My rooting interests are always aligned with what is best for IU. A New Year's Six bowl would be our biggest and most significant bowl game since the Rose Bowl on 1/1/68. It would also be very cool if our opponent was again USC but, of course, with a different outcome than 1968.

This will be the first time and last time I ever say this - - Go Buckeyes!!

My rooting interests are always aligned with what is best for IU. A New Year's Six bowl would be our biggest and most important bowl game since the Rose Bowl on 1/1/68. It would also be very cool if our opponent was again USC but, of course, with a different outcome than 1968.

I bet you had to brush your teeth after saying that. VOMIT!

My rooting interests are always aligned with what is best for IU. A New Year's Six bowl would be our biggest and most important bowl game since the Rose Bowl on 1/1/68. It would also be very cool if our opponent was again USC but, of course, with a different outcome than 1968.

I can't do it but good for you! I have a feeling the season is done. I just hope they keep the FB team away from the BB team so they can keep playing

If Ohio State can play in the natty with six games, we can play in the Fiesta Bowl with seven. Northwestern will have two losses with one being to a team we beat 24-0 and a second likely by more than the seven we lost by. Iowa lost to Purdue and that Northwestern team. If Northwestern isn't above is, there's no way Iowa can be either.

I can't do it but good for you! I have a feeling the season is done. I just hope they keep the FB team away from the BB team so they can keep playing

Now what do you base that on? Why would our outbreak be so much worse than what any other Big Ten team has faced, including Wisconsin, so that we would be out of commission for over 28 days?

Not surprised , the 21 day quarantine makes it really hard to have enough players to play the game once it hits your team .
I was hoping they were going to change 21 days for the last game. They keep changing everything else. I think my city now uses 10.

Now what do you base that on? Why would our outbreak be so much worse than what any other Big Ten team has faced, including Wisconsin, so that we would be out of commission for over 28 days?
I said that was my feeling, long plane flights and just what all is going on. Fly to AZ to play a game with no fans? Personally Id say just have a regional game , call it a great season and hope next yr is better and not just football. Play Iowa at Lucas .

Miami should definitely have fallen behind us so I would imagine we are #11 tonight unless they decide to push UF far enough down (doubt it). This weekend the loser of ISU/Oklahoma will fall behind us and certain Alabama will smash UF to push UF behind IU. So no matter what, IU will be ranked no lower than #9. Now if #24 Tulsa can beat Cincy (we should pull hard) then we could slide into the #8 spot. If ND beats Clemson for the second time its possible they fall to 8 and IU moves up to 7, but I doubt it. Lastly, A&M plays Tennessee this weekend so if Tennessee can pull that upset off, then IU moves up another spot. At first glance you think no but A&M beat a winless Vandy team by 5pts. All of their games have been close except for SC.

The point being is we are VERY likely to sit around #9 and its highly possible we get higher but not all together likely. Either way, a NY6 bowl should be a given.

I said that was my feeling, long plane flights and just what all is going on. Fly to AZ to play a game with no fans? Personally Id say just have a regional game , call it a great season and hope next yr is better and not just football. Play Iowa at Lucas .
Disagree. No/few fans, but millions watching on TV.

We're building a national reputation, and you don't do that by playing Iowa in Indy during bowl season.

Miami should definitely have fallen behind us so I would imagine we are #11 tonight unless they decide to push UF far enough down (doubt it). This weekend the loser of ISU/Oklahoma will fall behind us and certain Alabama will smash UF to push UF behind IU. So no matter what, IU will be ranked no lower than #9. Now if #24 Tulsa can beat Cincy (we should pull hard) then we could slide into the #8 spot. If ND beats Clemson for the second time its possible they fall to 8 and IU moves up to 7, but I doubt it. Lastly, A&M plays Tennessee this weekend so if Tennessee can pull that upset off, then IU moves up another spot. At first glance you think no but A&M beat a winless Vandy team by 5pts. All of their games have been close except for SC.

The point being is we are VERY likely to sit around #9 and its highly possible we get higher but not all together likely. Either way, a NY6 bowl should be a given.
Great post. We took care of business and now we're benefiting from other teams losing. Agree that, despite Barta's chairing of the committee, we'll almost certainly move up in the CFP rankings that are released tonight, and Glendale here we come.

Because of covid

1. IU misses out on what would have been the first NCAA bid of archie’s tenure at IU.
2. Purdue gets a free pass because the tournament they would have missed anyway was cancelled.
3. IU only gets to play 8 games (maybe) in a season where it is kicking the crap out of everyone not named Ohio state.
4. Purdue gets a shortened season when they suck out loud and thus avoid multiple games of embarrassment including avoiding IU, who would’ve almost certainly put another I on the chain.

this is bullcrap.

Because of covid

1. IU misses out on what would have been the first NCAA bid of archie’s tenure at IU.
2. Purdue gets a free pass because the tournament they would have missed anyway was cancelled.
3. IU only gets to play 8 games (maybe) in a season where it is kicking the crap out of everyone not named Ohio state.
4. Purdue gets a shortened season when they suck out loud and thus avoid multiple games of embarrassment including avoiding IU, who would’ve almost certainly put another I on the chain.

this is bullcrap.
Dude, you've lost sight of the big picture. Purdue is irrelevant while IU has a Top 10 ranking and is likely headed to a NY6 bowl. This, for me, is almost as good as it gets.

Dude, you've lost sight of the big picture. Purdue is irrelevant while IU has a Top 10 ranking and is likely headed to a NY6 bowl. This, for me, is almost as good as it gets.
I’m not mad about the state of the respective programs. I’m just greedy. I think with a full season IU could’ve won 10+ games. Of course the season with one of IU’s strongest teams ever is a shortened one.

The good news there is (at least from the way I understand things) that the Bowls aren't necessarily governed by the Big Ten protocols (everyone else seems to be going with the CDC guidelines of 10 days)...

I'd say let the individual athletes and their families decide... We were one of the first to detect the heart problem aspect of COVID19 affecting athletes in Fenneys case so the TEAMs awareness of potential long term issues is there...

The individual athletes and the TEAM doctors would seem to be the ones in the best position to determine their own individual safety protocols... Clearly, many of the TEAM members have already been exposed to it, which should be instructive as to how their bodies are reacting to it...

Now I don't think a Bowl Win is worth any players life but having a few Bowls played this year might just be the distraction some need during what I expect to be the start of a really tough stretch in our nations history...

Last edited:
Reactions: IU73
The goal in the short-term is to win our bowl game. The bigger picture is to secure a tremendous class of pledges and prepare like it's your life's mission for next season.

Indiana will have most of this talented team back, maybe all of it back. They will be a favorite in the East. Next year's defense will be one salty ass unit. The offense will be better because Sheridan will be more seasoned. Plus getting MP back means that Indiana has a very good chance of beating anyone in the country.

Rock-n-Roll!!!

Reactions: 76-1 and ESalum86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT