ADVERTISEMENT

Bton mayor's wife and onetime IU prof says turn over Trump taxes

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001

The 39-page opinion, signed by OLC acting Assistant Attorney General Dawn Johnsen, finds that the executive branch “must give due weight to Congress’s status as a co-equal branch of government” and must “apply a presumption that Legislative Branch officials act in good faith and in furtherance of legitimate objectives.”

Does it matter?

If we had video of Putin giving briefcases of cash to DJT and no corresponding tax record, his fanboys wil ignore it completely.

If DJT goes to jail, same thing, it was all just a witch hunt. Like DJT himself said, he can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and it just doesn't matter.

Ignore the turds of the past and focus on fixing problems.

Does it matter?

If we had video of Putin giving briefcases of cash to DJT and no corresponding tax record, his fanboys wil ignore it completely.

If DJT goes to jail, same thing, it was all just a witch hunt. Like DJT himself said, he can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and it just doesn't matter.

Are you kidding? To those folks IRS records would have witch hunt status . . . they'd be the deepest level of Deep State records and would have no credibility.

Ways and Means' job is to ride herd on the executive branch. They're not really into "solving problems".

Regardless, I want Trump held accountable. If this helps get that accomplished, then I'm happy.

Yes, I'm an asshole. I want the man ruined.
You know who should not want this? Joe Biden. If we are going to do this whole "revenge" thing, then I want that old fart to answer for what his son was doing and I want to know who the big guy was.

Yeehaw banana republic.

I like the IDEA of him being ruined, but then the ruination just makes him a martyr to all of the nuts

Reactions: meridian
I like the IDEA of him being ruined, but then the ruination just makes him a martyr to all of the nuts

I dunno. Maybe the nuts are different than they once were, but I'm old enough to remember Nixon going from the biggest landslide in history to ignominy in two years, and that was with damn near everyone. My dad was one of his biggest fans, and ended up with nothing but disgust for him.

I don’t know if the taxes themselves will show much but they will open new questions that will lead to even more investigation. It will give Trump something to do other that trying to “stop the steal”. The pillow guy will have this to defend this plus planning the August 13th reinstatement ceremony.

Reactions: meridian
I don’t know if the taxes themselves will show much but they will open new questions that will lead to even more investigation. It will give Trump something to do other that trying to “stop the steal”. The pillow guy will have this to defend this plus planning the August 13th reinstatement ceremony.
Things will be different now that he doesn't have DOJ running interference for him.

He may finally pay some price for a lifetime of corruption, but there is nothing his tax records could reveal that will make any difference to the Trump cult. They drank the hydroxychloroquine-laced Kool-Aid, liked it, and went back for more. And, unfortunately, there is no antidote.

I dunno. Maybe the nuts are different than they once were, but I'm old enough to remember Nixon going from the biggest landslide in history to ignominy in two years, and that was with damn near everyone. My dad was one of his biggest fans, and ended up with nothing but disgust for him.

What trump did was far worse. The guy even got caught on video bragging of sexual assault. Nothing will ever change the minds of trump loyalists

Reactions: UncleMark
Ways and Means' job is to ride herd on the executive branch. They're not really into "solving problems".

Regardless, I want Trump held accountable. If this helps get that accomplished, then I'm happy.

Nobody cares about Trump's taxes except the A-holes that got our country all eff'd up in the first place. How bout we crucify and make felons out the government people who are stealing our money and spend it on meaningless crap. Especially all the Republocrats from the 70's and 80's who laid the groundwork for all the corruption that exists in government.

Nobody cares about Trump's taxes except the A-holes that got our country all eff'd up in the first place. How bout we crucify and make felons out the government people who are stealing our money and spend it on meaningless crap. Especially all the Republocrats from the 70's and 80's who laid the groundwork for all the corruption that exists in government.
Fine by me. I'll start with Trump and his Wall. Who's your first choice?

You know who should not want this? Joe Biden. If we are going to do this whole "revenge" thing, then I want that old fart to answer for what his son was doing and I want to know who the big guy was.

Yeehaw banana republic.
What are you saying? You have been advocation for a banana republic for as long as I can remember! Why the sudden change of heart?

I would imagine we’ll know this year or he’ll be in the clear

It would certainly provide a good diversion from the inevitable failings of the current administration, but why worry about that when you can have vengeance?

Reactions: Crayfish57

You sure are one , good to see you recognize your limitations in life. Interesting on just what makes you such an a**hole? Personal dealings with Trump somehow? Did he try and buy your trailer park out or just that you are an a**hole regardless?

You sure are one , good to see you recognize your limitations in life. Interesting on just what makes you such an a**hole? Personal dealings with Trump somehow? Did he try and buy your trailer park out or just that you are an a**hole regardless?

I wish Trump didn't effect me like he does. I just have a hard time dealing with shameful, greedy, dishonest, vile people. Especially when they can have a profound influence on our way of life and our standing in the world.

I wish Trump didn't effect me like he does. I just have a hard time dealing with shameful, greedy, dishonest, vile people. Especially when they can have a profound influence on our way of life and our standing in the world.
What does standing in the world mean? From a small town in Indiana why do you care about our standing in the world? I don’t mean that aggressively.

Does it matter?

I think there is a variety of Trump supporters and a few of them would believe a jail sentence was deserved. Not all Trump supporters would dismiss a jail sentence.

Yeehaw banana republic.
Go get your proof, then.

Trump had four years in office, a chain of sycophant attorneys general and his pick of corrupt foreign officials in Ukraine and elsewhere, but Trump couldn't do it.

Maybe you'll succeed where Trump failed.

He may finally pay some price for a lifetime of corruption, but there is nothing his tax records could reveal that will make any difference to the Trump cult. They drank the hydroxychloroquine-laced Kool-Aid, liked it, and went back for more. And, unfortunately, there is no antidote.
You are right that it won't make any difference to some Trump supporters.

But many Trump supporters are going through tough times. Some of them might not like it if it becomes obvious that Trump profited after letting them down.

What does standing in the world mean? From a small town in Indiana why do you care about our standing in the world? I don’t mean that aggressively.

I dunno, patriotism maybe? Are people like me even allowed to make the claim?

I would imagine we’ll know this year or he’ll be in the clear
The key will be whether Trump can block the administration from giving his tax records to the committee. Once the committee gets his records, it shouldn't take long to see signs of suspicious things (if any). But no point in speculating about future timing until the records are actually transferred.

Interesting given that many of the folks you side with on this board are described in your second sentence…

The key will be whether Trump can block the administration from giving his tax records to the committee. Once the committee gets his records, it shouldn't take long to see signs of suspicious things (if any). But no point in speculating about future timing until the records are actually transferred.
You have no idea what you are talking about

I dunno, patriotism maybe? Are people like me even allowed to make the claim?

Ha any American can make that claim. I was just curious. It’s not something I’ve ever cared about. It seemed a salient issue during trump’s tenure

Ha any American can make that claim. I was just curious. It’s not something I’ve ever cared about. It seemed a salient issue during trump’s tenure

It should be a salient issue during any administration.

It should be a salient issue during any administration.
The idea of not just writing a check to the WHO without vetting same and reducing our footprint around the world and bring manufacturing back etc appealed to many under trump. A more insular approach. Personally I couldn’t care less how we are regarded in the world.

Trump was such a scumbag that his ideas and approach were overwhelmed by his sophomoric behavior and spite - but he brought to light yet another set of issues/policies pertaining to how we see out gov’s role in our lives and our world. It’s sad he was the vessel for the issues

Sounds just exactly like Biden and his family to me , except Joe hides out in his basement half the time. Trying to make Trump out as someone so much different than all these politicians is just an exercise in masturbation. At least he didnt spend 47 yrs sucking on the govt teet to get there like joe has.

It would certainly provide a good diversion from the inevitable failings of the current administration, but why worry about that when you can have vengeance?
I have noticed over the years that Republicans are all for law and order until it's time to apply it to themselves. Then, not so much.

Sounds just exactly like Biden and his family to me , except Joe hides out in his basement half the time. Trying to make Trump out as someone so much different than all these politicians is just an exercise in masturbation. At least he didnt spend 47 yrs sucking on the govt teet to get there like joe has.
Gotta love those teets.

Reactions: UncleMark
Does it matter?

The big piles of cash being unloaded off the planes didn’t make much difference either.

ADVERTISEMENT