ADVERTISEMENT

Brownburg beats X in overtime...

Great game it was! I actually thought that Brownsburg was outcoached, yet capitalized on two crucial turnovers to steal the W!!

Sales looks better in pass blocking than run blocking if you ask me. That could be a function of zone blocking? He did have a couple of pancake blocks when I watched.

This is what I saw after watching about half the game. Brownsburg WR/DB Lacey is a very good HS player. The St.X QB is going to be really good as he is just a junior I believe. The Brownsburg Purdue recruit did not impress me. Sales never let his opponent (who was big) through the line but I did not see him really move people out in run situations. Excellent HS game with both sides playing hard. I think you would expect a lot of takeaways so early in the season too.

This is what I saw after watching about half the game. Brownsburg WR/DB Lacey is a very good HS player. The St.X QB is going to be really good as he is just a junior I believe. The Brownsburg Purdue recruit did not impress me. Sales never let his opponent (who was big) through the line but I did not see him really move people out in run situations. Excellent HS game with both sides playing hard. I think you would expect a lot of takeaways so early in the season too.

Terrell is a stud. He had a long pass called incomplete when it was clearly a catch and he was interfered with constantly. He’ll be solid at Purdue.

He might well be a stud. But in this game he was kept under control and dropped a pass a stud should have caught.

If kept under control means constantly interfered with then sure. He also made a fantastic catch on a deep ball on the sideline that was clearly a catch that the ref botched.

Didn't watch the game and don't know how good either Lacey or Terrell are. I believe I read where Lacey credited Terrell with getting all the attention allowing him to have a big game. Terrell has been injured and missed like 3 weeks of practice as well. I'm guessing Terrell will need some development before he sees the field at Purdue.

Sounded like Sales had a really nice game and most people questioned how the Brownsburg QB got a p5 offer. Wish I would have watched! Nice to see instate talent staying with in-state schools. It will be interesting to see how the 2022 guys split up as that looks to be a nice class as well.

The color commentator (a St. X alum) even mentioned it. Regardless, he’s the best WR in the state in his class and will be a stud at Purdue.

The WR class in Indiana is really weak so being the best WR in the class is not really saying much. And he may be a stud or he may be just OK - what you mean is you hope he's a stud. Only time will tell.

The color commentator (a St. X alum) even mentioned it. Regardless, he’s the best WR in the state in his class and will be a stud at Purdue.

i thought it looked like maybe he juggled it slightly when he hit the ground and rolled over, (even though not dropping it), thus maybe why the ref called incomplete rather than his not getting his foot down in bounds.

if not, should have been a catch.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT