ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks, Jackson-Davis

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to have both. I’d love to have Watford too. But when the heck is everyone already signed going to get minutes? We have an absolute logjam at the forward spot already. This team needs to sign some guards.
We are in tight with TJD, Keion, Trendon and Matthew Hurt (probably the least on Hurt). I'd be surprised if we don't get at least 2 of these guys.

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to have both. I’d love to have Watford too. But when the heck is everyone already signed going to get minutes? We have an absolute logjam at the forward spot already. This team needs to sign some guards.

I agree, but I think Archie is also recruiting for a specific style. Much as Syracuse typically recruits long athletes at every position, or Louisville values athletic physical posts, I think Archie is valuing longer multi-skilled guys who are mobile. I would guess he's going to try Hunter and Anderson some at the 2, and also that we'll get a guard, probably a combo, in this 2019 class.

We only need two true point guards and guys at the two and three that can handle the ball. In this class we are adding Phinisee, Romeo, Hunter, and Anderson with Green and Durham. How many guards do we need?

Reactions: moneyadvisor
We are in tight with TJD, Keion, Trendon and Matthew Hurt (probably the least on Hurt). I'd be surprised if we don't get at least 2 of these guys.

Sounds like we're backing off of Hurt. The staff apparently doesn't think hes very good.

Hunter has a tight handle.
He could easily play a point forward.
Let's Romeo come off screens for three's all night long

Hunter and Anderson will most likely be wings not forwards. They both have the handle and skill set to do so.

Like i said last year, our lineups are going to get much bigger especially at 2 and 3.

This is how elite programs are ran. You accumulate top talent and they compete for minutes. If we get Watford, THD, and Brooks we are officially in with the the basketball elite from a talent perspective.

That's what the insiders on HSN are reporting. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'd probably stop reading them. The staff watched Hurt multiple times over the past two weekends and if he isn't very good they should probably tell that to all of the recruiting services and every Blueblood who is recruiting him.

No, we don't. There's no logjam. They will practice against each other, and then it will be apparent to the coach what lineup should start. The fact you don't see a starting lineup yet does not mean there is a logjam, except in your own mind (probably the same reason you put those 0.1% bank CD's in your self-managed IRA so you would have a "cash" investment).

If we have a very good team we will start the same lineup every time and dare the other team to figure out how they can beat our team. To you (and me) these guys are largely names and stars. I can't wait until the games begin this fall.

Reactions: IUgradman
give me the hoosier boys. brooks davis and franklin, and call it a day.
Armaan hasn’t even been offered. We’re looking at better people. Watch Kira Lewis. Some people have said that he looks better than Trendon Watford. He would be great if we got him.

No, we don't. There's no logjam. They will practice against each other, and then it will be apparent to the coach what lineup should start. The fact you don't see a starting lineup yet does not mean there is a logjam, except in your own mind (probably the same reason you put those 0.1% bank CD's in your self-managed IRA so you would have a "cash" investment).

If we have a very good team we will start the same lineup every time and dare the other team to figure out how they can beat our team. To you (and me) these guys are largely names and stars. I can't wait until the games begin this fall.

Let me educate you about what logjam means. It means there are more close to equally talented players than there are minutes to divvy out. Of course Coach Miller will figure out which ones are the very best and those are the ones who will get the minutes. Which means some very talented kids will be sitting on the bench. It’s a good problem to have. But it also means that if we get even more recruits at those positions the kids sitting on the bench may think about jumping ship. Probably not worrying about much now. IF we get TJD, Brooks, and Watford, then it’s something to worry about. But again, good problem to have.

Re: the CDs comment - c’mon, man. Take a break from being a prick. Do that all day every day and you’ll get burnt out.

Let me educate you about what logjam means. It means there are more close to equally talented players than there are minutes to divvy out. Of course Coach Miller will figure out which ones are the very best and those are the ones who will get the minutes. Which means some very talented kids will be sitting on the bench. It’s a good problem to have. But it also means that if we get even more recruits at those positions the kids sitting on the bench may think about jumping ship. Probably not worrying about much now. IF we get TJD, Brooks, and Watford, then it’s something to worry about. But again, good problem to have.

Re: the CDs comment - c’mon, man. Take a break from being a prick. Do that all day every day and you’ll get burnt out.
Y-A-W-N.

Even if your flawed theory were perfect, there's no way you can tell whether any of the new recruits are "close to equally talented players" because they have not even practiced together yet. So, you can't tell whether there is a logjam or not. Quit trying to be an alarmist.

Anderson said this team could win it all with Phin at point and him and Romeo at the wings. I hope Anderson really is good enough to get a bunch of minutes but I doubt that is the case. I love his mentality though and that's why I think this team goes something like 25-7 and probably makes it to the elite eight....maybe further but I'm not holding my breah on that one. This team is full of winners though and the veterans on this team will all be better (except for Morgan) he'll probably be similiar to last year which was very good. I just think with their mix of talent, good coaching, and effort this team will win a lot of their close games. They will just find a way

That we want in state guy's is fine.
But Victor wasn't an Indiana guy. So
I don't care where they come from .If they fit Archie's system. Get them.
Welcome them with open arm's.
we've got to recruit indiana first. that's where the best players come from. comprende?

I saw D. Anderson play some PG - Point Forward in HS at SB Riley and smaller guards could not guard him. He posted up guards, and shot the 3 right over them like they weren't even there. Anderson and Hunter have better ball handling and shooting skills than what most believe. Anderson is strong and will only get stronger at IU. Anderson was a load for any guard to handle and could take bigger players off the dribble, and was also a very good rebounder, passer, and shot blocker. Anderson is deceptively athletic.

I saw D. Anderson play some PG - Point Forward in HS at SB Riley and smaller guards could not guard him. He posted up guards, and shot the 3 right over them like they weren't even there. Anderson and Hunter have better ball handling and shooting skills than what most believe. Anderson is strong and will only get stronger at IU. Anderson was a load for any guard to handle and could take bigger players off the dribble, and was also a very good rebounder, passer, and shot blocker. Anderson is deceptively athletic.
Damesi and Jerome are going to bring quality minutes off the bench. Rob might just take over the point if Green slips up. I hope Green improves though because IU needs the experience to gel with youth to be successful.The post is where I'm most concerned. I've read where several posters complain about CAM taking so many 6-8 guys. Does IU really want to deal with a 6-6 center[McSwain] again?

Reactions: IUgradman
Anderson will need to step up his energy level on the court and his attitude if wants to play at IU. Very talented kid but those two issues will have to be Fixed or Archie won’t play him

Anderson will need to step up his energy level on the court and his attitude if wants to play at IU. Very talented kid but those two issues will have to be Fixed or Archie won’t play him

He has zero attitude issues and you look stupid for posting that. I went to HS with his coach, Eric Brand, and he raves about him. He’s a hard worker with a great attitude. Just wants to get better and to win. Great teammate. Everyone loves him. Tell us all where you got your Hot take about him needing to step up his energy level and attitude? Oh wait, you made that crap up. Dumb.

He has zero attitude issues and you look stupid for posting that. I went to HS with his coach, Eric Brand, and he raves about him. He’s a hard worker with a great attitude. Just wants to get better and to win. Great teammate. Everyone loves him. Tell us all where you got your Hot take about him needing to step up his energy level and attitude? Oh wait, you made that crap up. Dumb.
Nope I have heard from multiple AAU coaches he is Jeremy Hollowell.

"I've been impressed with him as a kid, as a young adult. He's grown. His basketball has grown. Not that his character wasn't great, but as a teammate and as a leader, his character has grown. He's done everything I've asked him to do, and I was very blessed to have coached him." -Eric Brand

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...mezi-anderson-readies-next-step-iu/436573002/

“I know them both very well, and beyond getting talented players, they’re getting great people. Both of those kids not only care about the game, but they also care about their teammates,” said Brand. “I think IU is going to have a lot of success because they’re bringing in two guys that are going to do whatever it takes to win.” -Eric Brand on Anderson & Phinisee (He also coached Rob in AAU for 2 years)

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/anderson-continuing-grow-game-senior-season/

“Working with him in June, he’s a kid that wants to be pushed and get better at his all-around game, not just stick with his strengths,” Brand said. “He’s very coachable, a humble kid. Coming into a new situation and taking over a program, I couldn’t ask for a better player not only as a talent but how he approaches the game, and wanting to be coached.”

“One of the main things I’ve talked about all June is him being a leader, and a vocal leader, being the hardest worker in practice, motivating his teammates,” Brand said. “It’s not always just putting the ball in the hoop. It’s winning sprints, being that guy on defense that can shut people down.”

“He’s got a burning desire to be really good and be a special player,” Brand said. “Every time in June I said, ‘Hey let’s get an extra workout in,’ anything on the basketball court, he was there right away. There’s no dragging him to the gym. He’s there and he’s ready to go.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ommit-damezi-anderson-felt-home-iu/489529001/

Reactions: T.M.P.
"I've been impressed with him as a kid, as a young adult. He's grown. His basketball has grown. Not that his character wasn't great, but as a teammate and as a leader, his character has grown. He's done everything I've asked him to do, and I was very blessed to have coached him." -Eric Brand

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...mezi-anderson-readies-next-step-iu/436573002/

“I know them both very well, and beyond getting talented players, they’re getting great people. Both of those kids not only care about the game, but they also care about their teammates,” said Brand. “I think IU is going to have a lot of success because they’re bringing in two guys that are going to do whatever it takes to win.” -Eric Brand on Anderson & Phinisee (He also coached Rob in AAU for 2 years)

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/anderson-continuing-grow-game-senior-season/

“Working with him in June, he’s a kid that wants to be pushed and get better at his all-around game, not just stick with his strengths,” Brand said. “He’s very coachable, a humble kid. Coming into a new situation and taking over a program, I couldn’t ask for a better player not only as a talent but how he approaches the game, and wanting to be coached.”

“One of the main things I’ve talked about all June is him being a leader, and a vocal leader, being the hardest worker in practice, motivating his teammates,” Brand said. “It’s not always just putting the ball in the hoop. It’s winning sprints, being that guy on defense that can shut people down.”

“He’s got a burning desire to be really good and be a special player,” Brand said. “Every time in June I said, ‘Hey let’s get an extra workout in,’ anything on the basketball court, he was there right away. There’s no dragging him to the gym. He’s there and he’s ready to go.”

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ommit-damezi-anderson-felt-home-iu/489529001/
Like I said I hope you are right..I just know some AAU guys compare him to Hollowell.

Like I said I hope you are right..I just know some AAU guys compare him to Hollowell.

Billy+madison_be7d8e_5999061.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT