ADVERTISEMENT

Broilees have ED...

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
The limp weenies from pu gained a commit in Emmanuel Dowuona, a 6'11 high upside center from Ghana. Shades of Peter Jurkin! pu now has 2 commits for the center position for 2018, to go with IU's "8 forwards".

Last edited:
Shades of Peter Jurkin!

Uh....no. Other than the phallic references in their names, and the height, this doesn't resemble that.

Dowuona is a 3 or 4 star recruit (depending who you ask) who garnered offers from the likes of UConn, Tennessee, Clemson, Miami, Memphis, and GT -- along with Purdue.

I don't recall Jurkin spurning those kinds of offers for Crean.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Oh God, you are going to attract the flies now. Stop talking about Purdue and its fans won't rush over here.

The limp weenies from pu gained a commit in Emmanuel Dowuona, a 6'11 high upside center from Ghana. Shades of Peter Jurkin! pu now has 2 commits for the center position for 2018, to go with IU's "8 forwards".

He was our number 1 center target and will be a solid player IMO. The other commit is a PF not a C.

Any word on E. Hunter? Still down to MN, PU & OSU? Seems like Xavier has been pushed out.

Keeping our fingers crossed. An OSU fan on the main college bball board thinks they'll land another player today which will take them out of the Hunter sweepstakes. I believe it's down to Purdue and Minnesota. My hope is that he doesn't make it to that official visit in Minnesota and commits to Purdue before then.

Purdue has proved they can find and develop players. Carsen Edwards is a lot better than I thought he would be.

He was our number 1 center target and will be a solid player IMO. The other commit is a PF not a C.
I don't see this kid being a major impact for a few years. I'm not overly impressed. This class for Purdue isn't exactly blowing away the competition. Last I looked you guys weren't even in the Top 30. I would guess if you get Hunter, you may get close to the Top 25. Still a lot of B10 teams (9) ahead of Purdue in this class.

Composite 4* number 127 recruit is unknown? Got it.
He's not even in the Top 150 on Rivals. Scout has him at 127. ESPN has him at 87th but doesn't have Williams in the Top 150. So, it's not like he's a homerun 4* guy. He's seems to be a bit of a project.

Reactions: IUgradman
If he is as awesome as the PUers here say, I wonder why the list of offers isn't a lot stronger.

He's not even in the Top 150 on Rivals. Scout has him at 127. ESPN has him at 87th but doesn't have Williams in the Top 150. So, it's not like he's a homerun 4* guy. He's seems to be a bit of a project.

Think his slip on rivals was due to an injury. He was I think 120 on rivals before the most recent update.

I don't see this kid being a major impact for a few years. I'm not overly impressed. This class for Purdue isn't exactly blowing away the competition. Last I looked you guys weren't even in the Top 30. I would guess if you get Hunter, you may get close to the Top 25. Still a lot of B10 teams (9) ahead of Purdue in this class.

I think he'll be an instant-impact guy on defense. Offense will take a few years for him to develop I believe.

You have to realize that these are analyst one varies from the next. Just like opinions on a board. I would almost bet not one person on this board was ever a 3* let alone a 4* recruit. I like schools that recruit kids that fill a need and not the star by their name. Painter filled a need and Miller has filled needs.

Reactions: rezzerfly
You have to realize that these are analyst one varies from the next. Just like opinions on a board. I would almost bet not one person on this board was ever a 3* let alone a 4* recruit. I like schools that recruit kids that fill a need and not the star by their name. Painter filled a need and Miller has filled needs.
give painter some credit to find kids out of state, he knows he's never getting a top Indiana kid again now that Archie and ed are here, so he is looking elsewhere

So...a top Indiana kid is better than a top Florida kid?? Your thought process or recruiting process makes zero sense. You obviously don't deal with basketball athletes very often do you? Remember, I would rather a kid have a scholarship over a championship. Most Circuit coaches train for this reason.

Uh....no. Other than the phallic references in their names, and the height, this doesn't resemble that.

Dowuona is a 3 or 4 star recruit (depending who you ask) who garnered offers from the likes of UConn, Tennessee, Clemson, Miami, Memphis, and GT -- along with Purdue.

I don't recall Jurkin spurning those kinds of offers for Crean.

Well you would then be wrong. Jurkin was a 3 or 4 star and had offers on the table from Clemson and South Carolina as a sophomore. He was the first to commit to IU for the movement and did so the summer after his sophomore year. He was being recruited by UNC, Memphis, NC State and Tennessee. Boy, sounds almost like Dowuona's twin eh?

So...a top Indiana kid is better than a top Florida kid?? Your thought process or recruiting process makes zero sense. You obviously don't deal with basketball athletes very often do you? Remember, I would rather a kid have a scholarship over a championship. Most Circuit coaches train for this reason.
why are you here?

give painter some credit to find kids out of state, he knows he's never getting a top Indiana kid again now that Archie and ed are here, so he is looking elsewhere
Matt has been recruiting nationally for years. There is a misconception that Indiana is a mecca of top flight players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT