ADVERTISEMENT

breaking...The verdict is in...

I was reading somewhere that the South Carolina officer that shot a dude in the back (Slager I think the name is) is in a federal prison b/c he's a cop? I've slept since then but it seems he took that and the requirement he serve 85% of his sentence as opposesd to going to state prison and serving as little as 50%. I'll admit I'm remembering something I read and I'm probably misremembering something.
Fed has mandatory sentencing that you must do 85 percent. I don’t know how a state conviction could be served in a fed prison. The cops I know that got nailed went to state pen

Reactions: larsIU
I'm feeling rather non-plussed. Which I will take as a good sign. If I felt some kind of happiness or vengeful satisfaction, I'm not sure I'd think much of myself. Rather, I feel more like... this is how it should be, and the shame is thinking it might not have worked out the way it did. Much like I felt after the 2020 election.

I'm feeling rather non-plussed. Which I will take as a good sign. If I felt some kind of happiness or vengeful satisfaction, I'm not sure I'd think much of myself. Rather, I feel more like... this is how it should be, and the shame is thinking it might not have worked out the way it did. Much like I felt after the 2020 election.
I’m still trying to wrap my ahead around my Trumper friend texting me after the verdict, “Chauvin was a CIA deep state assassin hired to kill Floyd to sow racial division and eliminate policing”.

I’m getting close to moving to Gilligan’s Island or some other remote spot to turn off the crazy.

Every police officer in the country should walk off the job tonight!

Yes they should and never come back while being replaced by an African American police force.

Can't wait for you to then get pulled over late at night on a dark street for not signaling at a turn.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yes they should and never come back while being replaced by an African American police force.

Can't wait for you to then get pulled over late at night on a dark street for not signaling at a turn.
I assume this is bad trolling, but a quick google search reveals that 33 percent of cops in the USA are already minorities. A number which goes up dramatically in major cities.

I assume this is bad trolling, but a quick google search reveals that 33 percent of cops in the USA are already minorities. A number which goes up dramatically in major cities.

How else should you reply to the dumbassity of Lucy?

That being said, why not go 100%?

The right says they are color blind and that the law is simply the law and any perception of a historical white slant is pure BS.

The real problem is that black people simply commit more crimes right?

I say let the African American community make up the police force and uphold the law in the name of police trust.

In Lucy's example, any cop that walks off good riddance. We'll replace you with a minority.

Maybe we'll go J Edgar on them and ruin their lives by blackballing them in society by putting out lies about them to discredit and assassinate their character.

Did hear about that guy? What a racist POS!!!

Lol

I’m still trying to wrap my ahead around my Trumper friend texting me after the verdict, “Chauvin was a CIA deep state assassin hired to kill Floyd to sow racial division and eliminate policing”.

I’m getting close to moving to Gilligan’s Island or some other remote spot to turn off the crazy.
Was talking to a good ol' boy friend of mine Sunday. He started in with the "I can't believe how the blacks are rioting and tearing shit up, and you know they're going to keep it up with all the Soros money they've got coming in."

I paused and took a breath. Then said "Well, maybe if the cops quit murdering guys in broad daylight they might just settle down some."

He replied with "Yeah, that cop should have got up off him once they had him on his belly and cuffed behind his back."

Small victories.

Reactions: Morrison
I’m a little surprised at guilty on all 3.

I’m not shedding any tears, though.

if you were a juror, what were your realistic other options absent your life being ruined, and probably some family members going down with you?

we could pretend that's not how it was, but we all know that would be pretending.

• Haha
How else should you reply to the dumbassity of Lucy?

That being said, why not go 100%?

The right says they are color blind and that the law is simply the law and any perception of a historical white slant is pure BS.

The real problem is that black people simply commit more crimes right?

I say let the African American community make up the police force and uphold the law in the name of police trust.

In Lucy's example, any cop that walks off good riddance. We'll replace you with a minority.

Maybe we'll go J Edgar on them and ruin their lives by blackballing them in society by putting out lies about them to discredit and assassinate their character.

Did hear about that guy? What a racist POS!!!

Lol

That assumes there are enough supply of competent officers. That seems quite unlikely.

That being said, I'd be fine with trying Hamsterdam.

if you were a juror, what were your realistic other options absent your life being ruined, and probably some family members going down with you?

we could pretend that's not how it was, but we all know that would be pretending.
Spoken like a true #Lumpenproletariat

They’re beyond help..

This is likely true. Not that I believe the verdict was incorrect, but I also believe that the was no chance it could have come out any other way. No juror, save for one with a death wish, would have held out for a lessor verdict or outright acquittal.

Steve Bartman could barely walk the streets of Chicago for 10 years. Can you imagine your life if you set Chauvin free? There's nowhere you could go.

This is likely true. Not that I believe the verdict was incorrect, but I also believe that the was no chance it could have come out any other way. No juror, save for one with a death wish, would have held out for a lessor verdict or outright acquittal.

Steve Bartman could barely walk the streets of Chicago for 10 years. Can you imagine your life if you set Chauvin free? There's nowhere you could go.
We try drug lords and mafia dons, all quite capable of killing jurors and justices. Can anyone find evidence juries have been swayed?

We try drug lords and mafia dons, all quite capable of killing jurors and justices. Can anyone find evidence juries have been swayed?
From what I’ve read, the defense’s case was terrible. They even brought in an “expert witness” who is being sued for fake evidence he used in a similar case in another state. How dumb can they be?

perhaps they’re hoping for a retrial down the road.

From what I’ve read, the defense’s case was terrible. They even brought in an “expert witness” who is being sued for fake evidence he used in a similar case in another state. How dumb can they be?

I think that witness hurt the defense. He suggested that maybe CO from the exhaust killed Floyd. Hmm, who was it that pinned Floyd right next to the exhaust pipe of a running car? A very logical conclusion was that even the defense was arguing Chauvin had a disregard for Floyd's well-being.

Reactions: DrHoops

so true. he was horrible. couple that guy with fellow officers saying he broke from sop and a goofy lawyer fumbling around with exhibits and you got a jury who only needed a few hours

Reactions: DrHoops

You seriously have to cut those people out of your life. We have to isolate the QAnons and BlueAnons.

How widely known are the jurors' identities? In this day and age I doubt they wouldn't be doxxed if someone had the chance.

It’s all about balance. He’s hooked me up with some good women and liquor. Priorities and all.
Good outlook. Don’t let politics torpedo a friendship. Better to compartmentalize politics with friends and come here to motherF strangers

Reactions: Morrison

i'm sure no jurors have ever been swayed in mob trials.

or judges.

tumblr_inline_mffhelghsD1rvnfts.png

gazzo-godfather.png

and just try and get witnesses to testify against gang bangers in the hood.

good luck with that.

Last edited:
so true. he was horrible. couple that guy with fellow officers saying he broke from sop and a goofy lawyer fumbling around with exhibits and you got a jury who only needed a few hours

and guessing finding anyone to testify for the defense was tough, as most people avoid bringing hell down on their family and themselves.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0210418-p4id6rypzbcahimipk5g4lxzce-story.html

pigs-head1-1bea.jpg

all that said, the atty for the defense was beyond incompetent to the point that a defense was basically non existent.

probably a very wise move on his part.

that said, who financed Chauvin's defense?

if it wasn't Derek Chauvin, then the defense wasn't working for Chauvin.

and guessing finding anyone to testify for the defense was tough, as most people avoid bringing hell down on their family and themselves.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...0210418-p4id6rypzbcahimipk5g4lxzce-story.html

pigs-head1-1bea.jpg

all that said, the atty for the defense was beyond incompetent to the point that a defense was basically non existent.

probably a very wise move on his part.

that said, who financed Chauvin's defense?

if it wasn't Derek Chauvin, then the defense wasn't working for Chauvin.
from what i watched the defense attorney was terrible. there's a science to objecting, but he missed a ton that were important (not that they would have changed the outcome). police association finances the defense. police associations will contract with certain lawyers and firms. then the lawyer picks who he wants from the list of approved "association" lawyers.

from what i watched the defense attorney was terrible. there's a science to objecting, but he missed a ton that were important (not that they would have changed the outcome). police association finances the defense. police associations will contract with certain lawyers and firms. then the lawyer picks who he wants from the list of approved "association" lawyers.

A), imo his total incompetence was born out in his cross examinations.

B) as for police associations and unions, do you think they were better off with Chauvin winning or losing.

i'm guessing a not guilty verdict would have been a huge loss for police associations, and police unions, and municipalities all over the country, and they all knew it.

police unions and associations no doubt had hundreds of millions, or billions, riding on a guilty verdict.

and municipalities everywhere and Chambers of Commerce members far more than that.

not everything is always as it seems it would or should be.

A), imo his total incompetence was born out in his cross examinations.

B) as for police associations and unions, do you think they were better off with Chauvin winning or losing.

i'm guessing a not guilty verdict would have been a huge loss for police associations, and police unions, and municipalities all over the country, and they all knew it.

police unions and associations no doubt had hundreds of millions, or billions, riding on a guilty verdict.

and municipalities everywhere and Chambers of Commerce members far more than that.

not everything is always as it seems it would or should be.
i don't think anyone expected anything except a guilty verdict. hoosierjimbo said it best re 9 minutes of video.

No matter how bad Chauvin’s defense attorneys were, the problem for Chauvin was that he murdered a guy in broad daylight while being recorded on camera.

The EMTs on the scene confirmed it, the doctors who testified confirmed it. He had no defense because his actions were indefensible.

This case was a layup. It’s good to have a guy like Chauvin off the streets. He has no business being a police officer.

No matter how bad Chauvin’s defense attorneys were, the problem for Chauvin was that he murdered a guy in broad daylight while being recorded on camera.
And thank God that young girl stood there the whole time and documented the murder for all to see. Without that, Chauvin would have walked. Of that I'm certain.

Last edited:
How widely known are the jurors' identities? In this day and age I doubt they wouldn't be doxxed if someone had the chance.

Minny Star Tribune printed bios of all jury members.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune is being blasted online for releasing biographical information of all twelve jurors plus two alternates in the Derek Chauvin trial in the killing of George Floyd.
Without naming the jurors, reporters Paul Walsh and Hannah Sayle on Tuesday published enough details about their lives, internet sleuths and local snoops may be able to figure out who they are.
Walsh is a general assignment reporter at the Star-Tribune, and Sayle is a digital features editor. Online critics are accusing the paper of trying to intimidate the jurors into reaching a guilty verdict.
The reporters provided general information about the jurors’ ages, race, professions, where they’re from, and where they went to school. They even leaked that one juror is related to an area police officer.
Abby Simone, the “public safety” editor for the Star-Tribune, shared the story on Twitter.
“Why does the “public safety editor” think it’s ok to publish enough information to identify these jurors?” asked one Twitter user.

ADVERTISEMENT