ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING NEWS: Beilein with Fife Associate HC

When did thug become a term for blacks only? Geez!
It doesn’t matter what you think. It’s what most future recruits think. The “thug” comment hurt him. You don’t know what 15-17 year olds and their parents think. IU won’t risk finding out. These threads are just troll threads. Nothing more.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
They aren't hiring Beilein. His recruiting would be dead from day 1. Trust me I work with a few black guys and we talk hoops all the time. His thug comments to NBA players was just a few steps from Kramer at the Laugh Factory in their opinion. Not happening.
I call BS, as well.

Doesn't the head coach pick his assistants after he gets hired? Do schools really force assistant coaches onto the head coach as a condition to hire him in the first place?

They aren't hiring Beilein. His recruiting would be dead from day 1. Trust me I work with a few black guys and we talk hoops all the time. His thug comments to NBA players was just a few steps from Kramer at the Laugh Factory in their opinion. Not happening.
Lol!

I have to keep adding here since I’m out of posts. IU has zeroed in on Beilein and are pushing for Fife as Associate HC from what I’m told. Not a done deal yet but it’s his if he wants it. Could be finalized very soon. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: See football board. I posted it on the wrong forum and now I’m out of posts for the day.

I’ve been getting a lot of messages asking where things stand. Rather than all the one offs I figured I’d just post an update. It’s important to know how we got here.

1. Full court press was put on Stevens. Offers in the $7 million per range. He took some time but eventually said no.

2. Thad Matta was 100% the guy. This route took several days. Both sides were in a verbal agreement from what I’ve heard. Somewhere close to 6 years $24 million. I’ve heard there were other issues as well besides his back but I won’t share those.

When Thad fell through it put things back to square one. That’s why this has taken so long. Dolson has focused on big names for the most part. Most people in the know don’t feel strongly about it being Moser. I think there would have to be several other people turn us down for it to get there.

As always, I’ll be here to share what information I can when I can. I know, I know, I got bad information on the Donovan craze. The other 100 times my sources have been right on. I’m still limited in how many posts I can make but I’d prefer to answer here rather than the private messages. Go Hoosiers!
You do a poor imitation of the original FPeaugh. Not even close.

Gotta love grown men trying to feel important to other anonymous grown men on a message board by acting like they’re “in the know” about a situation they know nothing about.
i think we should all cut freepaugh some slack. after all, we all know that when dolson finally makes the hire the first person he's going to call is freepaugh. that's a given. give the guy a break.

Are you not the original courtsensetwo? Are you not the same one who thought Crean walked on water? The same one who made all the guarantees about Archie winning titles? Or is your memory failing you?

The Crean firing, the Archie hiring, Smith transferring, Wilkes recruitment, I could go on and on. I haven’t been perfect but at least I share useful information and have been right far more times than I’ve been wrong. Your coach guarantees are 0-2 from what I remember.
“I have limited post quota but I’m gonna go ahead and use one on this” 🤣🤦‍♂️

Reactions: brianiu
I work with some black guys who have kids who actually play high school basketball and they said Beilein would be a very good hire and bring respect back to the program. So, just goes to disprove the popular myth that everyone of the same skin color doesn’t all think alike. Shocking.

It's not the worst thing I've ever heard.

Lewis wouldn't be a bad succession plan either in this scenario.

It would give us a logical road map for the next 20 years.

I still think Moser will be the next serious target, I think IU likes that he's got absolutely no dirt to have to explain while enjoying his style of play.

I obviously don't know anything, just speculation.
Road map for the next 20 years? Really?!? IU has had 4 coaches in the last 20 years, but, yes, this is the road map for the next 20 for sure.

IU isn’t stupid, like you. How sad are you about this hire? Not a peep from the old white fool. ****ing love it.

Sad? I think it’s an underwhelming hire but always loved Woody as a player. Given that he surrounds himself with an all-star studded cast, has the potential to be a solid hire. But it’s definitely a huge risk and not sure IU can afford to gamble.

Why would you think I was sad about this hire? Because Woodson is black? Unlike some, I don’t judge a coaches ability based on the color of their skin, rather the results they produced. Awfully racist of you to suggest that but we know someone as woke as you wouldn’t miss the chance.

Sad? I think it’s an underwhelming hire but always loved Woody as a player. Given that he surrounds himself with an all-star studded cast, has the potential to be a solid hire. But it’s definitely a huge risk and not sure IU can afford to gamble.

Why would you think I was sad about this hire? Because Woodson is black? Unlike some, I don’t judge a coaches ability based on the color of their skin, rather the results they produced. Awfully racist of you to suggest that but we know someone as woke as you wouldn’t miss the chance.

Because you post like a HS girl normally, and gave your stamp of approval for the old white guy that 99% of young black America now has a question for Ol Johnny about using the word thug. I realize that is just a woke white thing tho.
The second the news came out you stopped posting. Just went into stalking mode, being pissed. That is evident by you making your first reply with in minutes of me asking how sad you were.

I know you’re racist, you know you’re racist, that’s all that matters you phuck.

Because you post like a HS girl normally,
Sean, given that your posting and writing style suggests you struggled to pass the 8th grade, I'll take that as a compliment.
gave your stamp of approval for the old white guy that 99% of young black America now has a question for Ol Johnny about using the word thug. I realize that is just a woke white thing tho.
Again, just because you know a handful of black people doesn't make you the arbiter of race. We went over this. John Beilein is almost unanimously respected throughout the coaching community. Jalen Rose doesn't speak for all black people.
The second the news came out you stopped posting. Just went into stalking mode, being pissed. That is evident by you making your first reply with in minutes of me asking how sad you were.
Palm Sunday yesterday. Enjoyed a nice mass with family in town and get 36 in with my son and grandsons. You replied to me, not sure how I was stalking you?
I know you’re racist, you know you’re racist, that’s all that matters you phuck.
You don't know shit. Clearly.

Sean, given that your posting and writing style suggests you struggled to pass the 8th grade, I'll take that as a compliment.

Again, just because you know a handful of black people doesn't make you the arbiter of race. We went over this. John Beilein is almost unanimously respected throughout the coaching community. Jalen Rose doesn't speak for all black people.

Palm Sunday yesterday. Enjoyed a nice mass with family in town and get 36 in with my son and grandsons. You replied to me, not sure how I was stalking you?

You don't know shit. Clearly.
I love that a 68 year old man can look like a toddler. You don’t know how much I laughed when you said you were 68.

I act immature on here a lot, if I act like you at 68 I hope to god my family shoots me. Lol. What a loser.

I love that a 68 year old man can look like a toddler. You don’t know how much I laughed when you said you were 68.

I act immature on here a lot, if I act like you at 68 I hope to god my family shoots me. Lol. What a loser.
I think you living to 68 would be the upset of the century. If I were you I would have put a bullet in my head a long time ago.

I think you living to 68 would be the upset of the century. If I were you I would have put a bullet in my head a long time ago.

lol. Awwww now what would your grandsons say to Ol pop pop after Palm Sunday mass when he is telling someone half his age they should have put a bullet in their head.

LOL you miserable phuck, hope these last few years, or days, you don’t shit yourself. I’ll enjoy watching you try not to be racist talking about IUbball in the Woodson era. Going to be a monumental task for you.

If you are going to be immature do it anonymously on a message board. Fart! lol Think I would yell that out at church?

lol. Awwww now what would your grandsons say to Ol pop pop after Palm Sunday mass when he is telling someone half his age they should have put a bullet in their head.
Sean--never told you to do anything. Your 8th grade reading and writing level is showing again. My grand sons, who are also half your age, would be laughing mercilessly at you.

Can we get rid of the term "woke?" I would be so happy to never hear that word again.

I mention it when making fun of old white men that say it. I thought clay Travis was bad, and he is in his 40s. This guy is almost 70 and uses it. Such a stupid term, but hey, old people got to yell at the clouds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT