ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Carson Edwards no longer plays for PU

I'm talking about butts in seats. Pictures/video showed AH was embarrassingly empty last night. Mackey was full for an exhibition game. Courtsense is very concerned about attendance (especially Purdue's), so I thought he might need an update.

Go ahead and call it a high school gym, but the AH atmosphere doesn't hold a candle to the Mackey atmosphere (well, maybe once a year if Duke or UNC are in Bloomington).

Nah it wasn’t embarrassingly empty. Pictures 15 minutes before tip looked bad. Crowd filled in at and little after tip.

I like Mackey. I’ve been for a few IU games. Tickets are cheap, the view from any given seat is good, and yes, it’s loud at least when they’re playing IU. Kinda has the RCA dome effect. It’s also a cookie cutter arena. There are dozens just like it. A full AH is much more intimidating.

I'm talking about butts in seats. Pictures/video showed AH was embarrassingly empty last night. Mackey was full for an exhibition game. Courtsense is very concerned about attendance (especially Purdue's), so I thought he might need an update.

Go ahead and call it a high school gym, but the AH atmosphere doesn't hold a candle to the Mackey atmosphere (well, maybe once a year if Duke or UNC are in Bloomington).

Glad to see you so focused on me little troll. I wasn't there and I never saw an angle up high but my stance on student attendance is well documented. God knows you guys focus on my every word and run back sobbing to GBI so you should know what I stated. The main level (we could see) crowd filled in nicely after tipoff.

Speaking of your "atmosphere" Did you guys get a "courtsense sucks" chant going last game or just stick to IU?

Like everyone else, I can name two PU players plus PorkChop this season.

Don't call it anything - never even think about it or cow barns in general.

Purdoo University - championing factory farming, deforestation, erosion, GMOs, herbicides, pesticides and narrow-minded fools since 1869. And fat chicks. (shudder)

Haha. So you don't disagree that AH doesn't hold a candle to Mackey then? At least someone on here sees clearly...

Haha. So you don't disagree that AH doesn't hold a candle to Mackey then? At least someone on here sees clearly...

TAH is an iconic venue filled (student issues excepted) with knowledgeable fans.

Mackey is a tin roof hog barn filled with embittered, IU-obsessed, gap-tooth wannabes like you.

Hope that helps.

Nah it wasn’t embarrassingly empty. Pictures 15 minutes before tip looked bad. Crowd filled in at and little after tip.

I like Mackey. I’ve been for a few IU games. Tickets are cheap, the view from any given seat is good, and yes, it’s loud at least when they’re playing IU. Kinda has the RCA dome effect. It’s also a cookie cutter arena. There are dozens just like it. A full AH is much more intimidating.

To be honest, the IU game hasn't been the loudest for several seasons now. Still deafening for sure, but our fans/students seem to get more amped and bring it to another level for the games against the top-tier B1G teams, e.g. MSU, OSU and Maryland of late. Loudest one I've ever been to was against OSU in 2011 when E'Twaun scored 38. It's been nice to see Mackey get lots of attention over the last several years from national media, opposing coaches and players.

Assembly Hall has lots of great history--can't ignore the banners--but it's not what it once was. Maybe a tournament appearance will send it back in the right direction.

Reactions: Bigcat01
I love this "playing stupid" thing you do--it's hilarious. You've had the entire Purdue roster memorized since August and you know it.

By the way, did you see that AH attendance last night? Best fans in basketball! Did you see Purdue sold out their exhibition game? I know you're big on attendance numbers, so I thought you might need an update. ;-)
You realize you’re talking to a PU fan trolling on an IU board, right? He’s a regular under a different handle on the PU site, regularly clowning IU fans who fall for it.

Two years from now we’ll be saying “next year they won’t have Trevion Williams or Hunter Jr... we’ll get them then”. It’s always something or someone from that damn school that beats us.

As long as Archie's packline is the D of preference, it doesn't matter who is playing, they will get a lot of open looks from three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT