ADVERTISEMENT

Breakfast with Kent..03/13/17

To all those who claim it's losers sitting in their parents' basement that are up in arms about Glass, Crean and the condition of the program, here is a lucid member of the media who states what us "lunatics" know.

Kent is the king of the basement dwellers. He's also all over the damn place. In the last 4 years you can find as many articles calling for Crean's head as calling for Crean to stay on. That's being lucid? Kent also knows that it is unlikely IU is bringing in some elite coach, he knows that deep in his heart.

Kent is the king of the basement dwellers. He's also all over the damn place. In the last 4 years you can find as many articles calling for Crean's head as calling for Crean to stay on. That's being lucid? Kent also knows that it is unlikely IU is bringing in some elite coach, he knows that deep in his heart.

Honest question: do you know the Creans?

You sound like a plant.

Honest question: do you know the Creans?

You sound like a plant.

Have I met coach Crean? Yes. I have also met Coach Knight at least three times. Same for coach Stevens, coach Brian Kelly. Does that mean I know them? No.

Probably an intern in the athletic office. What makes me mad is that I actually sounded like this guy until this year and how annoying I was.

No, two degrees from IU. Not an intern. Check my IP address, on a plane right now. My son is currently a student at IU. Don't know many 50+ year old interns with kids in college.

Scott, I'm fine with firing Crean if you can tell me who is walking in that door that is better. If you can't, then I would wait a year for the buyout to go down. You simply don't fire a coach that won the Big Ten title a year ago and was the Big Ten coach of the year, especially with the injuries we had. Bad form.

Last edited:
Reactions: lonnie boyd
No, two degrees from IU. Not an intern. Check my IP address, on a plane right now. My son is currently a student at IU. Don't know many 50+ year old interns with kids in college.

Scott, I'm fine with firing Crean if you can tell me who is walking in that door that is better. If you can't, then I would wait a year for the buyout to go down. You simply don't fire a coach that won the Big Ten title a year ago and was the Big Ten coach of the year, especially with the injuries we had. Bad form.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. You sir, have removed all doubt many times over.

If you have somebody on the mound that isn't hacking it, the absolute last thing you do is keep them on the mound. Considering you could find a number of high school coaches from my home county in Indiana that are better than Crean, it shouldn't be too hard to at least make an upgrade.

He is awful...
Also who can we hire?
Archie Miller would be my choice.

• Haha
Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
He is awful...
Also who can we hire?
Archie Miller would be my choice.

Archie Miller. OK, sell me on him. His shine was bright a few years ago, and since then a 2nd round loss followed by a first round loss, and likely another first round loss this year.

I thought we were elite, why are we having to go after a non-elite coach?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. You sir, have removed all doubt many times over.

If you have somebody on the mound that isn't hacking it, the absolute last thing you do is keep them on the mound. Considering you could find a number of high school coaches from my home county in Indiana that are better than Crean, it shouldn't be too hard to at least make an upgrade.

If the guys in the bullpen aren't any better, you keep him on the mound to eat up innings and get better. Who is in the IU bullpen?

Archie Miller. OK, sell me on him. His shine was bright a few years ago, and since then a 2nd round loss followed by a first round loss, and likely another first round loss this year.

I thought we were elite, why are we having to go after a non-elite coach?
You do realize he is at Dayton correct? At IU he will recruit at a much higher level and if you actually watch his teams play you can see they are much better coached than IU.

Well I have one degree from Iu and a daughter at IU now as well.
Donovan
Marshall
Bennett
A. Miller
These would be all coaches that could see coaching at IU.

Have I met coach Crean? Yes. I have also met Coach Knight at least three times. Same for coach Stevens, coach Brian Kelly. Does that mean I know them? No.
I met an Elvis impersonator once but that does not make me an expert on the history of the Lawrence Welk show. What Kent said was spot on. It also saves the team and CTC from being booed on their home court as this failed train wreck continues.

Reactions: russelltodd
I met an Elvis impersonator once but that does not make me an expert on the history of the Lawrence Welk show. What Kent said was spot on. It also saves the team and CTC from being booed on their home court as this failed train wreck continues.

You miss the point, Kent changes his tune as the wind blows. Go back and read \ watch the last few years. Actually, you only need to go back a few months. He's a wet noodle.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Donovan
Marshall
Bennett
A. Miller
I think A. Miller is the most probable. I used to think that Bennett would not leave Virginia for IU and I don't know how much of a grudge he has about IU firing his sister. But perhaps he might listen.

I think things are going to get tougher for him at Virginia. The initial honeymoon is over and people are sort of questioning whether he can get past early losses in the NCAA's. His better teams really play amazing defense and really awful offense. He will need to change his approach on offense in order to take the next step as it is just too hard to win when you are scoring in the 50's.

Donovan
Marshall
Bennett
A. Miller

That's a wonderful list. Donovan, highly unlikely. He can get much better college jobs. Marshall, a complete prick but on top of that smart and wants to be in a conference he can dominate, that's not the BIG. Bennett, good one. The way IU treated his sister and the fact he and his wife love the ACC \ Virginia. Good one. Archie Miller, the shiny toy from three years ago that with his loss this week will be 1-3 in the NCAA tournament since the shine.

Who else you got, since those aren't happening and Archie is a meh alternative. If Archie was so great, why hasn't his own alma mater, NC State, scooped him up?

I think A. Miller is the most probable. I used to think that Bennett would not leave Virginia for IU and I don't know how much of a grudge he has about IU firing his sister. But perhaps he might listen.

I think things are going to get tougher for him at Virginia. The initial honeymoon is over and people are sort of questioning whether he can get past early losses in the NCAA's. His better teams really play amazing defense and really awful offense. He will need to change his approach on offense in order to take the next step as it is just too hard to win when you are scoring in the 50's.

Wait, but based on everything I read here the last few weeks, what you describe of Bennett is not what we want? I keep being told we want an alphamale that wants to dominate and isn't shying away from challenges. You are telling me that Bennett is going to have it hard at UVA and he's running scared to come to IU? How can this be, how does that fit the profile of the elite coach that we so richly deserve?

Wait, but based on everything I read here the last few weeks, what you describe of Bennett is not what we want? I keep being told we want an alphamale that wants to dominate and isn't shying away from challenges. You are telling me that Bennett is going to have it hard at UVA and he's running scared to come to IU? How can this be, how does that fit the profile of the elite coach that we so richly deserve?
I just wonder if Bennett is ready to take the next step. Virginia is not going to dominate the ACC where Duke, North Carolina, and Louisville will likely be at the top most years. Virginia will be working to finish in the top 5 (where he finished this season). Not bad but that is probably the ceiling for that program with an occasional uptick and downtick. I don't think anyone is pushing him out yet but if he wants to take a shot at a place that could be a top tier program, IU presents that opportunity.

Actually hos offense is a lot better than what they get credit for and are usually pretty efficient.

If the guys in the bullpen aren't any better, you keep him on the mound to eat up innings and get better. Who is in the IU bullpen?

So the bullpen in this scenario is all available coaches. We should keep Crean at IU and continue to suck because no other coach can do it any better at IU? You are so full of shit your breath stinks.

Reactions: russelltodd
That's a wonderful list. Donovan, highly unlikely. He can get much better college jobs. Marshall, a complete prick but on top of that smart and wants to be in a conference he can dominate, that's not the BIG. Bennett, good one. The way IU treated his sister and the fact he and his wife love the ACC \ Virginia. Good one. Archie Miller, the shiny toy from three years ago that with his loss this week will be 1-3 in the NCAA tournament since the shine.

Who else you got, since those aren't happening and Archie is a meh alternative. If Archie was so great, why hasn't his own alma mater, NC State, scooped him up?

sure, no one else on the planet can get IU ranked regularly. lol

you are the new breed of IU fan; just happy to have a team.

Last edited:

You are going to have to come up with a new username shortly.

If you troll, it's best to have at least one alt account to agree with the complete bullshit you post.

Just a FYI. Carry on....

these coaches know what to expect next year....be they A Miller or T Crean....or, T Bennett for that matter. Smart coaches....didn't say good coaches...like S Alford know when to get out of Dodge....so would Bennett. He isn't my first choice, but he would listen after having been at VA for a while...maybe only listen but listen just the same....as would Billy Donovan.

if the discussion was about anything except the NIT, its not a good sign.
NIT discussion only. Fred defended his decision to not host the game due to the negative optics of an empty Assembly Hall and called it "sacred." Kent must have been instructed not to ask questions regarding Crean.

The complete lunacy of Glass to say without the students, IU would be unable to fill the hall... He knows the fans expect more than being a 3 seed in the freaking NIT but is unwilling (scared) to do anything about it. IU-The first team to beat 2 number one seeds in non-conference play and miss the NCAA.

This Jones kid is Jim Television. He's just a Crean can or lacky. Even he can't defend the past three out of four years so he changes his handle and instead of building Crean up by tearing IU down (Indiana isn't what it used to be and no other coach could do better than what Crean has done, even though Mike Davis did as did Kelvin Sampson as did Bob Knight in his 'down' years)

Now his angle is to poop on prospective coaches.

Marshall has one of the best resumes in the game and will probably only jump to a bell cow program. We can offer that. Hell we were the tenth best team in the conference but was still on national TV for most of our games. Our Twitter site has the most followers. We pay top five money to that top 100 coach. Our practice facilities are best in class and we're smack dab in the middle of some of the most bountiful recruiting in the country.

You should look at Archie's year over year...his program is getting better each year.

You should look at the adversity Archie had to go though. One year because of injuries and stupidity he had just six scholarship players. This year he had a starter DIE! Yet his program keeps getting stronger...not inconsistent wild swings based on recruiting and constant underperforming like Crean has done his entire career.

Lastly you should check out what Brian Gregory did at Dayton before Archie. Archie is over ten percentage points better than Gregory and even stronger in the conference.

Archie has coached and recruited in the big east, the big ten and the pac 12. He was Sean's main recruiter in the early days of Arizona and delivered a couple of top five classes before he was hired by Dayton.

NC State is trying really hard to get Archie, he's supposedly not interested.

Nothing is guaranteed but I can confidently say that Crean would have nowhere near the success that Marshall or Archie has had at Winthrop, Wichita or Dayton. Hell other than the final four run (and subsequent largest loss in final four history with a future hall of fame player and a week to prepare) Crean has been no better than Brian Gregory.

Why on Earth would you stay with a losing hand vs grabbing a Marshall or Archie who have proven themselves over time, particularly Marshall.

A flavor of the month is a guy who goes on a single run or had one great year surrounded by mediocre.

We hired a flavor of the month...Crean.

You are an idiot. As an IU fan, is this your bar? I remember watching the drawings every year hoping to get a 1,2 or 3 seed not whether we make it. You need to follow Crean when he leaves because you don't understand basketball or IU or both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT