ADVERTISEMENT

Brady Allen

He's got a really good coach down there in Nick Hart. So if they can land him, I think he'd be coming in as more refined as opposed to a raw recruit. For being a small-medium Indiana HS, they play some good teams. He's not being tested by metro schools on the regular, but he'd be a good get.

Good read here. This kid is going to be special and I like our chance.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-...-allen-staying-in-close-contact-with-indiana/
Watched him last summer at IU s 7on7 tournament. He competed against several bigger schools and did very well. I think GS won the tournament. Could be wrong. But he had great awareness of where his receivers we’re going to be against various Ds. Good arm strength and very accurate. IU’s staff was keeping an eye on him then.

Watched him last summer at IU s 7on7 tournament. He competed against several bigger schools and did very well. I think GS won the tournament. Could be wrong. But he had great awareness of where his receivers we’re going to be against various Ds. Good arm strength and very accurate. IU’s staff was keeping an eye on him then.
That's good to hear. Someone told me GS plays a soft schedule and he might be a bit overrated.

We have offered Trace Jackson Davis brother Tavyen in the 2022 class as well at QB. How good is he at QB. Has anyone seen him play?

He’s good, but Allen is better. Tayven has a ton of upside, but Allen is way more polished. Adding in McCulley for this class, Indiana is producing some top tier QB’s and IU has start landing some of them. Need to get at least 2 of them.

That's good to hear. Someone told me GS plays a soft schedule and he might be a bit overrated.
It's a small school Indiana schedule. So, yeah, it's soft in comparison to the metro schools. But he's had the chance to play against some really good small school teams that play at a (small school) championship level, like Southridge, Heritage Hills, and Evansville Memorial.

And they've toughened up the schedule significantly by adding Southport last year and Columbus North, Owensboro & Southport this year.

Unfortunately he's just been limited by geography. He's got the body for a P5 QB. His rating based on the camps shows he's got the physical skills. The question will be how he adapts to running live games against high end talent, but that's just the reality for all Indiana athletes outside of a couple metro areas.

We have offered Trace Jackson Davis brother Tavyen in the 2022 class as well at QB. How good is he at QB. Has anyone seen him play?
Both kids have very high ceilings in terms of being good college players. Allen is more polished at this point, but don't sleep on Tayven. His father played in the NFL, and Tayven is projected to be just as good of an athlete as his father, just taller. I'd personally be thrilled with either, as both offer the abilities to grow into big time QBs.

Both kids have very high ceilings in terms of being good college players. Allen is more polished at this point, but don't sleep on Tayven. His father played in the NFL, and Tayven is projected to be just as good of an athlete as his father, just taller. I'd personally be thrilled with either, as both offer the abilities to grow into big time QBs.
His father is former Pacer Dale Davis but yes he is an awesome athlete.

His father is former Pacer Dale Davis but yes he is an awesome athlete.
No, Dale Davis is the father of basketball player Trayce Jackson-Davis, but he is not the father of the younger brother. That would be former NFL player Ray Jackson. The kid is a tremendous athlete for sure. The big question mark is that he plays in Center Grove's Wing-T offense. Hard to get a read on how that will translate to a radically different system in college.

Tayven's last name is Jackson. How would Dale Davis be his dad? :confused: That said, his actual dad, Ray Jackson, played college football at Washington State University and was in the NFL for four seasons.
I stand corrected again however not having the same last name as your father is not an uncommon occurrence anymore in today’s society. But I do apologize and stand corrected.

I stand corrected again however not having the same last name as your father is not an uncommon occurrence anymore in today’s society. But I do apologize and stand corrected.
I didn't know, either.

Momma got around!

Last edited:
No, Dale Davis is the father of basketball player Trayce Jackson-Davis, but he is not the father of the younger brother. That would be former NFL player Ray Jackson. The kid is a tremendous athlete for sure. The big question mark is that he plays in Center Grove's Wing-T offense. Hard to get a read on how that will translate to a radically different system in college.

you can call him Ray, or you can call him J, but you doesn't need to call him Jackson.

take a minute to research the reference. Nothing offensive there - just funny to those of us who remember the gag. It made me laugh out loud.
I know the reference quite well and it's racist.

I guess you could make a case that blackface isn't racist, too.

I'm betting you don't know it at all. Otherwise you would recognize it as a comedy bit from the 1970's that wasn't racist at all. You don't strike me as someone obsessed with political correctness. Even if you were, I can't figure how anyone would find that routine racist. If anyone considers that routine racist, God help us.

I'm betting you don't know it at all. Otherwise you would recognize it as a comedy bit from the 1970's that wasn't racist at all. You don't strike me as someone obsessed with political correctness. Even if you were, I can't figure how anyone would find that routine racist. If anyone considers that routine racist, God help us.
I don't think it's racist. I was saying it tongue-in-cheek because that crazy loon called me an a-hole in the post above.

I think it's funny, too. But I was using that as an example of how something said can be turned into something the person never intended.

And yes, I do remember it quite well. I was in my 20s in the 70s. I'm no spring chicken.

Reactions: vesuvius13

no, it was nonsensical, which the entire show was, and everyone in it, and who's entire premise was to just show pure nonsense, non stop, including the hosts..

really dude, get a life.

ADVERTISEMENT