ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game

Jssanto

All-Big Ten
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
Just saw a projection. We are playing Jan 2 in the fiesta bowl against USC.
I can’t believe it but they have Pu playing TCU in the guaranteed rate bowl in Phoenix Dec 26. If we beat PU they will be 2-5. How does that equal a bowl.?

Just saw a projection. We are playing Jan 2 in the fiesta bowl against USC.
I can’t believe it but they have Pu playing TCU in the guaranteed rate bowl in Phoenix Dec 26. If we beat PU they will be 2-5. How does that equal a bowl.?
Apparently they were "guaranteed" a bowl game.

Reactions: TominDallas
There are no minimum standards for bowl games. This will be further complicated by the fact that several B1G bowl game tie-ins have already cancelled their game this year.

Maybe no one will want IU, and some would want a 3-5 Penn State instead.

The knock you could have on IU is attendance/fan travel and that really is not in the equation this year. From a story line/promotional aspect ... we have far more to “sell” for a tournament sponsor than Penn State ... not even close this year. There truly is a national story line with this team ... my guess is we will not have an issue with bowls being interested.

Reactions: IUgradman
The knock you could have on IU is attendance/fan travel and that really is not in the equation this year. From a story line/promotional aspect ... we have far more to “sell” for a tournament sponsor than Penn State ... not even close this year. There truly is a national story line with this team ... my guess is we will not have an issue with bowls being interested.
IU traveling has never been an issue, just the opposite in fact.

Really? Why?
I know selection people consider how many of a schools fans will travel. They want money for the local economies.
I don’t think Pu is famous for traveling.
I was just saying that because it was a guaranteed rate bowl. That's called a play on words. I need to quit making those quips.

Correct ... the record requirements were removed this year from bowl considerations.
Well that explains it. The conclusion then must be PU has a sufficient history and name recognition
I was just saying that because it was a guaranteed rate bowl. That's called a play on words. I need to quit making those quips.
Nice. Way over my head, but nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT