ADVERTISEMENT

BOT meeting today

Brad
Self
Donovan
Wright
Few

Go ahead, someone say none of those guys would take it. Like anyone here knows. We could double any of their pay. Someone would take $8-10 mil per year if I was AD.

What makes you think that IU will pay $8-10 mil per year? I don't see that happening.

Ok. I think if next year is bad too, then the seat gets hot for his 4th year.

I see no chance in hell he's fired after next season. Don't care if he wins 10 games.

Glass would also have to be fired, obviously.

IU just doesn't work that way, there is zero history at this institution to show that would occur. Not with that much money laying on the table (a 7 yr contract).

Well, I’m sure we’d both agree that it would be better if we don’t have to find out.

But I think the heat after another bad year would be too much for any of them to bear. There’s money implications on the other side too, ya know.

Brad
Self
Donovan
Wright
Few

Go ahead, someone say none of those guys would take it. Like anyone here knows. We could double any of their pay. Someone would take $8-10 mil per year if I was AD.
Why on earth would you pay Donovan or Wright $8-10 mil? Donovan was 27-32 in his first 2 years at Florida, and Wright was 34-29 in his first 2 years at Villanova. So all you basketball experts here at dipshit.com would have wanted them gone, because you would have seen all the evidence your expert eyes would have needed as to their coaching abilities. Why would you want to pay that money for guys that took 4+ years to get their programs going?

Reactions: twenty02
Why on earth would you pay Donovan or Wright $8-10 mil? Donovan was 27-32 in his first 2 years at Florida, and Wright was 34-29 in his first 2 years at Villanova. So all you basketball experts here at dipshit.com would have wanted them gone, because you would have seen all the evidence your expert eyes would have needed as to their coaching abilities. Why would you want to pay that money for guys that took 4+ years to get their programs going?
Right and in his third year they went to the sweet sixteen. Right now I’ll give you 3:1 odds that Archie don’t make sweet sixteen next year. So then what year 4, then 5, then 6.

And for all these people that say John Beilen needed time, listen that guy coached in the Big East at freaking West Virginia of all places and went to the elite 8 and sweet sixteen.

Reactions: IUgradman
I haven't read through this entire thread, but with regards to any rhetoric from the BOT or AD I'm sure it's more of the same. As my FIL used to say, I hear the wind a blowin', but I don't see the trees a bendin'.

IU Football has been in a lather, rinse, repeat cycle forever. Basketball has only been there for 15 years, but it's locked in now. Enjoy the ride. It's repetitive but at least there are no surprises.

Because they weren’t even at big time programs. If they can do that at Florida (with a half empty stadium) or Nova, imagine what they could do at IU?

Because they weren’t even at big time programs. If they can do that at Florida (with a half empty stadium) or Nova, imagine what they could do at IU?
Right, because we have been such a big time program. Do some comparative research and you'll see how silly your response is.

Reactions: IndyAuthor
Right and in his third year they went to the sweet sixteen. Right now I’ll give you 3:1 odds that Archie don’t make sweet sixteen next year. So then what year 4, then 5, then 6.
So you want Archie fired based upon your odds for next year? Thanks, but you're too fantastically stupid to even have a conversation with, let alone give a crap about your "odds."

Tom Allen was an assistant coach hire on the cheap, destined to fail. Crean was at IU too long without conistent success and recruiting over 9 years. Those two are on Fred. Archie is a better hire than those 2, but because of past ineptitude by former coaches he needs a better season in year 3.

Add Yeagley Jr. to the hit list.

Losing to Maryland in the tournament?
Absolute choke job.

Fortunately for him, soccer is a small fish in the equation (it was considered a club sport up until a few decades back for many schools) and he can do whatever he wants with that last name.

Right, because we have been such a big time program. Do some comparative research and you'll see how silly your response is.
Even when FL was great they couldn’t fill their stadium. It’s a football school and nothing else.

But keep telling yourself we can’t be good to make yourself feel better about Archie. So pathetic.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but with regards to any rhetoric from the BOT or AD I'm sure it's more of the same. As my FIL used to say, I hear the wind a blowin', but I don't see the trees a bendin'.

IU Football has been in a lather, rinse, repeat cycle forever. Basketball has only been there for 15 years, but it's locked in now. Enjoy the ride. It's repetitive but at least there are no surprises.

A Big Ten school behaving like a member of the MAC. That’s IU in a nutshell. IU could be reduced to an affiliate member if they aren’t careful.

That’s a joke.....but they better start pulling the weight to participate.

Even when FL was great they couldn’t fill their stadium. It’s a football school and nothing else.

But keep telling yourself we can’t be good to make yourself feel better about Archie. So pathetic.
Don't think I said we can't be good. And making a point by misrepresenting what I said is proof that you don't really have a point. You were better with the stupid ass Donovan rumors, so why don't you stick to that.

So you want Archie fired based upon your odds for next year? Thanks, but you're too fantastically stupid to even have a conversation with, let alone give a crap about your "odds."

Archie is about the last hope. We need him to be successful here, because win or lose he will surely be at IU two...probably three...more years regardless of results. So if we're firing Archie, it'll mean we've had another 2 or 3 crappy seasons. That'll be a solid 20 years of futility, not even considering the waning years of Knight.

I have to have hope in Miller to turn the corner. Because I don't have any hope for what might come later if he doesn't work out. Not with the current powers that be in Bloomington.

Don't think I said we can't be good. And making a point by misrepresenting what I said is proof that you don't really have a point. You were better with the stupid ass Donovan rumors, so why don't you stick to that.
You need to just sit that huge ego aside and come back to reality already.

Not this year jack ass
There have been plenty of other threads were you have been calling for Miller to be fired this year.

Add Yeagley Jr. to the hit list.

Losing to Maryland in the tournament?
Absolute choke job.
Now you want to fire Yeagley, too? He's won a championship and just had the team in soccer's final four two years in a row. They're consistently good.

It was a disappointment that they didn't win the championship but in any sport it is difficult to beat quality opponents (like those that can reach the final four) three times in a single season.

But he was hired by Glass so he should be fired too, right?

ADVERTISEMENT