ADVERTISEMENT

Boss man

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
I loved Mike Roberts as a player, he fouled too much, was slow, but gave more effort then anybody I had ever seen. You could tell this dude loved basketball and IU. He gave everything he had and I really enjoyed watching that.

I didn’t think it was possible, but I like this guy more as a coach. That same fire and passion is with him today. Watching him unleash it is a real treat.

I was in section E behind the bench yesterday, and Roberts was in rare form. 1st two TOs of the game my guy was going ape shit. Right at the under 16 and 12 Roberts would wait till Archie got out to his normal spot before he addresses the team and he made a b-line to him. Put a hand over his face and just started exploding in Archie’s ear. Both times, like letting a dog loose on a steak, Archie said go get em.

Then my friends, the wrath of god came down on our team like I have not seen since Knight. Just going nuts, “two hands on rebounds, win the battle, box out, etc etc.” With out a doubt looked like this was a life or death situation.

I can say with 100% certainty that mentality and passion has an effect on certain people and players. Man it was fun to watch. Mike Roberts is a fantastic assistant coach.

Was at the Wisconsin game, sitting opposite side & end of the IU bench. Could still hear Roberts’s voice coming from the huddle. After a few timeouts, an older woman next to us says to her husband, “who is yelling?”

We need someone else to do this from time to time. It cant be Archie all the dam time that has to go nuts. This is good to hear. Its too bad we dont have a player that will do this on the floor. Our guys are a little too passive.
I’ve thought the same thing over the last two years. Did notice Al speaking up and directing people yesterday. Hope he continues.

Wednesday night is an important step for this team. Played hard yesterday (could have been better), can they maintain that level of effort? We’ll see . . .

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
We need someone else to do this from time to time. It cant be Archie all the dam time that has to go nuts. This is good to hear. Its too bad we dont have a player that will do this on the floor. Our guys are a little too passive.
I always wonder if many coaches employ the good cop bad cop deal. One tears the guy down and then the other builds him back up. Then vice versa so the players don't get too used to it. Keep them guessing so they don't get complacent.

Reactions: BigNutsIUFan
Archie showed the most reaction/emotion that Ive seen from him yesterday...there was a scrum for a loose ball...Archie lost his shit and was pounding the scorers table going nuts.

I assumed it was something he thought should have been a foul, but as it broke up he absolutely jumped Franklin’s ass...Then continued it on the bench.

Did tv show that - or give an explanation to Archie’s anger towards Franklin?

I often think Archie looks like he is watching a basketball game, so was glad to see him being involved in yesterday’s game.

Archie showed the most reaction/emotion that Ive seen from him yesterday...there was a scrum for a loose ball...Archie lost his shit and was pounding the scorers table going nuts.

I assumed it was something he thought should have been a foul, but as it broke up he absolutely jumped Franklin’s ass...Then continued it on the bench.

I often think Archie looks like he is watching a basketball game, so was glad to see him being involved in yesterday’s game.
I believe he thought Franklin wasn't hustling enough and should've been quicker to go after that ball. Franklin was benched and didn't back in the game after that.

Passive is an understatement!! A friend said he didn't think anyone cared on the team. Certainly that can't be true BUT you sure can't tell it from the facial expressions. Even going back to last year, we have a bunch of blank slates when it come to showing emotion especially showing that they are pissed. Many like to flex when they do something good but it would be nice if once in a while you could tell one of the players was PISSED.

you shouldn’t trust what you see because your ability to perceive and process space-time events is jacked up. And we’ve proven this a hundred times. You were likely not hugged as a child or were kept in a box through puberty.

you shouldn’t trust what you see because your ability to perceive and process space-time events is jacked up. And we’ve proven this a hundred times. You were likely not hugged as a child or were kept in a box through puberty.
Go to bed earlier...you post absolutely dumb shit that late at night...worthless

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT