ADVERTISEMENT

BOOOOOOOOO!

NoVertical

Senior
Nov 29, 2003
Glad I didn't waste my time going to the game. Listened to the broadcast out of Janesville and it was all glee and happy feet and comments about how incredible Wiskyburg played defense. If you're not going to play then don't bother getting off the plane. By the way, it's partly cloudy outside up here in Wisconsin so why don't you just walk back to Bloomington. Starting with Miller. You embarrassed yourself and IU basketball and set it back 30 years or more! Change the name on the front of the jersey to INEPT.

Glad I didn't waste my time going to the game. Listened to the broadcast out of Janesville and it was all glee and happy feet and comments about how incredible Wiskyburg played defense. If you're not going to play then don't bother getting off the plane. By the way, it's partly cloudy outside up here in Wisconsin so why don't you just walk back to Bloomington. Starting with Miller. You embarrassed yourself and IU basketball and set it back 30 years or more! Change the name on the front of the jersey to INEPT.

one loss at Wisconsin and we’ve been set back 30 whole year? Wowzers! That’s a lot of year, bruh! Well, I commend you guys for not letting your emotions get the best of you. Lol.

one loss at Wisconsin and we’ve been set back 30 whole year? Wowzers! That’s a lot of year, bruh! Well, I commend you guys for not letting your emotions get the best of you. Lol.

Actually, that is something like 17 straight losses at Wisconsin but it’s only one game. Nobody is counting or expected a win anyway. Wisconsin has owned IU in basketball. They are the better program now, so just accept it like hondo says here.

Reactions: DiscoBriscoe
Actually, that is something like 17 straight losses at Wisconsin but it’s only one game. Nobody is counting or expected a win anyway. Wisconsin has owned IU in basketball. They are the better program now, so just accept it like hondo says here.

weird your relentless pursuit of perfection stops as soon as you start typing...

This attitude is exactly what is wrong with IU Basketball....we don’t expect to beat Wisconsin....seriously?

Reactions: Heytommy
My bad... so glad Miller plans to hand out participation trophies once they land back home with, "Okay children... great game. It's just one game! You are 'thumb-body'. You are all precious. Now please get your nappy time in and be sure to give each other a hug. YOU are awesome!"

Reactions: ReadHall84
This attitude is exactly what is wrong with IU Basketball....we don’t expect to beat Wisconsin....seriously?
What can fans even do at this point? We don't make the hires yet we continue to throw enough money at the program to make them happy. I guess quit going to games but then glass will really hire cheap.

If you're not going to play then don't bother getting off the plane.

Know you're being facetious, but this is EXACTLY the attitude the players and coaches on this team need to have. If someone doesn't like it, then let them go someplace else where not putting in the effort to put your team in position to win when you step on the court is acceptable

Reactions: DiscoBriscoe
Miller said someone on this team needs to grab somebody by the jersey and get in their face. Because the snowflakes won't allow Miller to do it because it will hurt their little feelings and make them crawl into their safe space with their blankets and pacifiers, I designate Al Durham! Get mean and get ugly Al... make it personal.

Reactions: hoosier8760
Miller said someone on this team needs to grab somebody by the jersey and get in their face. Because the snowflakes won't allow Miller to do it because it will hurt their little feelings and make them crawl into their safe space with their blankets and pacifiers, I designate Al Durham! Get mean and get ugly Al... make it personal.
Al is the fkn problem.

Al is the fkn problem.
Not the entire problem. He's got a good attitude and is a hard worker they say but he just isn't that good. He wouldn't get 10 minutes of pt on any decent iu team from years back.

Reactions: kmathum

ya, smart policy to blame your 3rd year coach for decades of futility. seems fair and balanced. clearly the best way to root for a squad.

but this is coming from the guy who wants to put an asterisk by one of the best IU football seasons in a generation. i went to an away game this year. do you know how special a season has to be for an IU fan to be seen at an away game? lol

If you don't have passionate fans, you have a big problem. Telling IU basketball fans to not get emotional is a bad idea. Get emotional. Get loud. Get opinionanted. And if the post strikes you as overly emotional just leave it be. Personally, i am glad people still care.

ya, smart policy to blame your 3rd year coach for decades of futility. seems fair and balanced. clearly the best way to root for a squad.

but this is coming from the guy who wants to put an asterisk by one of the best IU football seasons in a generation. i went to an away game this year. do you know how special a season has to be for an IU fan to be seen at an away game? lol

Not sure Buffalo was blaming the last 17 losses on Miller. IU has been disappointing for the last 20 years or so. We have only made the tournament 11 out of the last 20 years. We just haven’t had the right coach over that timeframe.

Davis - bad hire. Mediocre coach
Sampson - good at basketball bad at following the rules.
Crean - average to above average coach. Inconsistent.
Miller - not sure yet. He needs to get it done this season or next. Not sure how long the rope will be.

It does not reflect well on Archie that both Mack and Holtman (sp?) can have UofL and OSU having success. I hope Miller can get it going.

Reactions: hoosier8760
Not sure Buffalo was blaming the last 17 losses on Miller. IU has been disappointing for the last 20 years or so. We have only made the tournament 11 out of the last 20 years. We just haven’t had the right coach over that timeframe.

Miller - not sure yet. He needs to get it done this season or next. Not sure how long the rope will be.

It does not reflect well on Archie that both Mack and Holtman (sp?) can have UofL and OSU having success. I hope Miller can get it going.

Ignore it. Hondo's delusional in his fandom

Mack and Holtmann followed good coaches who could put a roster together. Archie inherited some problems and those who remain are starting to play his system rather than the fast and furious, offense only, get me to the League, system.

Exactly, Jiminez > AD

I think Durham actually still has potential. Still goes back to the same fundamental problem with CTC players: he didn't value D and toughness and, while lessening, that's still a problem haunting this team. But he has improved a ton since his freshman year. Durham is a much better athlete and has a much higher ceiling than Jiminez, BUT, he needs to stay focused and in front of his man on D, and keep up his effort all the time. Jiminez and the mental part, which AD can address, while AD has the physical, which really can't be addressed as much. Like alot of players, AD grew up in an area where bball probably didn't get the best coaching and football is king, and probably got his best coaching and comp on the AAU circuit, where D is ignored. Back then he could get by on his athleticism, no when that is more equal, he needs to stay focused and really concentrate on the defensive and effort fronts, where he could coast on that in HS.

I think Durham actually still has potential. Still goes back to the same fundamental problem with CTC players: he didn't value D and toughness and, while lessening, that's still a problem haunting this team. But he has improved a ton since his freshman year. Durham is a much better athlete and has a much higher ceiling than Jiminez, BUT, he needs to stay focused and in front of his man on D, and keep up his effort all the time. Jiminez and the mental part, which AD can address, while AD has the physical, which really can't be addressed as much. Like alot of players, AD grew up in an area where bball probably didn't get the best coaching and football is king, and probably got his best coaching and comp on the AAU circuit, where D is ignored. Back then he could get by on his athleticism, no when that is more equal, he needs to stay focused and really concentrate on the defensive and effort fronts, where he could coast on that in HS.

It still does look like a roster problem. But, in year 3, we have to consider this roster to be CAM's.

He chose to re-recruit Al, Cliff Moore, and Smith. He's had 3 years to deal with DG, one way or the other. He choose not to go after a pure-shooting grad wing transfer....there were many available. And while TJD and Franklin are talents, neither are 'attitude' guys, ala Draymond Green, Buckner, Alford, Damon....and, we think, Galloway & Geronimo. This roster, overall, is still too passive, emotionally & physically. To me, it's now all on CAM.

It still does look like a roster problem. But, in year 3, we have to consider this roster to be CAM's.

He chose to re-recruit Al, Cliff Moore, and Smith. He's had 3 years to deal with DG, one way or the other. He choose not to go after a pure-shooting grad wing transfer....there were many available. And while TJD and Franklin are talents, neither are 'attitude' guys, ala Draymond Green, Buckner, Alford, Damon....and, we think, Galloway & Geronimo. This roster, overall, is still too passive, emotionally & physically. To me, it's now all on CAM.

this may be crazy talk but glass emphasized less player turnover as one of his hiring bullet points Archie also spoke to it when hired. i was surprised he went after all three of Crean's. excuses nothing, but I think keeping these guys may have been by design.

No arguments at all. I was strictly talking about AD generally and the comparison the other poster made to LJ. Jiminez probably wasn't going to hurt us, but he didn't have the potential to start and help us like AD does, if he can improve his effort and defensive lapses. I think LJ was a poor comparison, although I think it was his way of saying "AD isn't very good" but he's a far better athlete than Jiminez was and could be a solid B10 player if he continues to improve, and gets his effort sustained and "happy feet" on D under control. He has the physical tools to be a really good perimeter defender, but that was never a trait TC really coached or valued. But yes, the roster and player devolopment are all on AM now, and one of my criticisms has been not finding another guard, especially one that can shoot.

And what would have been your position if he released the three Crean players and then couldn't bring in high value recruits? That, IMO, was what would have happened since recruiting is in large part about relationships and he would have had no recruits that he a a rapport with while at IU.

I just don't think he had much of a choice re-recruiting those three. So, in my mind, Archies recruits are Sophomores.

Regarding those three, I think that they are way past where they would be if Crean was still their coach.

Galloway brings toughness to the Hoosiers.
Galloway brings defense
Galloway brings total floor game and rebounding for a guard.
Galloway is a winner.

Really! He’s not playing that well right now and isn’t shooting very well either. I think he should look in the mirror when he gets mean and starting getting on himself.

Didn’t CAM just beat U of L last season? In our “horrible” season where CAM also beat MSU/Izzo twice?

you really ready to say CAM is a potential bust with short rope already, especially at 9-1. Seems a bit odd timing to suggest as much.

Didn’t CAM just beat U of L last season? In our “horrible” season where CAM also beat MSU/Izzo twice?

you really ready to say CAM is a potential bust with short rope already, especially at 9-1. Seems a bit odd timing to suggest as much.

Not sure if you are being serious or facetious in your response. My initial comment was CAM wasn’t responsible for years of futility at Wisky.

Never did I say CAM was a bust. I really don’t know if he is or isn’t nor have I posted one way or the other. I said I didn’t know how long his rope was and that either this year or next it would seem he would need to get it going.

ADVERTISEMENT