ADVERTISEMENT

BOOM!

Woodson is slaying.

No matter who decides to leave now, if they decide to leave....we've got a competitive roster.

A downhill point in Johnson, a scorer in Stewart and an all American big in TJD.

If we can get some marked improvement help from Hunter, Lander, Rob or the sophomores we could be pretty good and Woodson could get rolling.

Great news.

Hope his handle is better than his grammar. 🍏

Good news, and not just because IU beat out two Teams that just played in the FF.

C'mon Armaan! Let's Dance!

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I think this commit means that possibility is a probability.

The guys at B Town Banners are liking our chances with Franklin.

He was on the court today, interacting with the other guys & Woodson.

They say the same is not true of Race.

Also, fwiw, a blogger named Drew Davis, who covers Indiana HS basketball and Indiana colleges, tweets today that "I think the next guy might surprise a few". Not sure what that means, but there it is.

Kenya Hunter, along with TJD, were our contacts with Johnson.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Good lord some of you really need to adjust expectations
Expectations? WTH are you talking about?

I was just saying that Woodson is not "f'ing around this week." Hires Fife, Lander is coming back, Geronimo is coming back and now a commitment from a tough PG transfer.

Where in any of that is expectations?

Also, fwiw, a blogger named Drew Davis, who covers Indiana HS basketball and Indiana colleges, tweets today that "I think the next guy might surprise a few". Not sure what that means, but there it is.

Rabojan of Peegs saying the odds of Race returning are rising.

this is great news, agreed

how is Woodson slaying tho?

Recruiting and selling.

In a week he was able to keep the roster in tact and avoid the dreaded rebuild.

Then he went way past expectations and got a commitment from TJD who was here on a two year plan. That was gargantuan.

Then he convinced Fife to leave MSU and join the coaching staff. Many had him on our head coaching list much less an assistant.

Woodson also got recommitnents from Duncome and Gunn.

He also kept Kenya Hunter who was vital in getting Stewart and now Johnson.

Now has gotten Johnson who was recruited by most major players like two final four teams and Kentucky (he was #3 on Kentucky's wanted transfer list) and he is considered one of the best transfers out there AND at a position that killed us last year.

Going that far over expectations is slaying.

I was just saying that Woodson is not "f'ing around this week." Hires Fife, Lander is coming back, Geronimo is coming back and now a commitment from a tough PG transfer.

Stop feeding the troll

Reactions: wi_hoosier
Recruiting and selling.

In a week he was able to keep the roster in tact and avoid the dreaded rebuild.

Then he went way past expectations and got a commitment from TJD who was here on a two year plan. That was gargantuan.

Then he convinced Fife to leave MSU and join the coaching staff. Many had him on our head coaching list much less an assistant.

Woodson also got recommitnents from Duncome and Gunn.

He also kept Kenya Hunter who was vital in getting Stewart and now Johnson.

Now has gotten Johnson who was recruited by most major players like two final four teams and Kentucky (he was #3 on Kentucky's wanted transfer list) and he is considered one of the best transfers out there AND at a position that killed us last year.

Going that far over expectations is slaying.
You're wasting your breath. He's far too dense to follow your logic. His only response is to hurl crap at the walls of his cage.

This is awesome. Since Mike was hired anybody else feel like..
tenor.gif

some people are just chronically malcontent.

they live for misery ..

That guy is a troll and wants to start stuff on every thread. Just ignore him and he will go away. I will not even give him the satisfaction of a reply. He is not a fan.

Woodson is slaying.

No matter who decides to leave now, if they decide to leave....we've got a competitive roster.

A downhill point in Johnson, a scorer in Stewart and an all American big in TJD.

If we can get some marked improvement help from Hunter, Lander, Rob or the sophomores we could be pretty good and Woodson could get rolling.

Great news.
I have trouble getting excited about these guys because I have never seen them play. Have you seen Stewart or Johnson play?

Reactions: uncleter

Well, if you want me to be surprised, I say "swing for the fences, Coach". Go get Walker Kessler from UNC. Kid is young and a legit 7er with some perimeter skills I think. He would allow TJD to move out on the floor (or he will) and also not have to guard other teams bigger posts. Then, he'd be the man when TJD goes on the first round next year.

Well, if you want me to be surprised, I say "swing for the fences, Coach". Go get Walker Kessler from UNC. Kid is young and a legit 7er with some perimeter skills I think. He would allow TJD to move out on the floor (or he will) and also not have to guard other teams bigger posts. Then, he'd be the man when TJD goes on the first round next year.
They were talking about Kessler on the Kentucky board......

I have trouble getting excited about these guys because I have never seen them play. Have you seen Stewart or Johnson play?

I have not.

All I have are highlights and stats.

Both have good size for their position. Both are older so they should be ready to contribute immediately and both seem to be bucket getters in different ways, both that we need.

Stewart is a shooter and Johnson is driver and disher.

Per the source, Johnson is typically listed right with Marcus Carr who was a first/second team all conference this past year for the gophers.

I'll take that!

Reactions: kkott and .Gerdis
ADVERTISEMENT