ADVERTISEMENT

Bombs sent to Clinton’s, Obama, CNN

That’s been the theory. I don’t know how one ever controls for that. That’s like saying Jodie Foster played a small part in Reagan being shot. In the case of this guy, it is just as reasonable to say he was pissed at the constant vitriol directed at Trump. I don’t think Trump ever mentioned DiNiro, at least not lately, yet he was a target. Should we tell people not to say “Fvck Trump”? The point is we have no way to really know what sets off a nutjob. Of the 100’s of millions of people in the country, this appears to be a black swan.

You're never going to be able to stop crazy people from being crazy. Our President has a responsibility to set the tone of the country and he has failed miserably at it. Leaders are supposed to lead by example....

That's because Bernie Sanders wasn't telling people at his rallies to beat people up and he'd pay their legal bills. Bernie wasn't turning it into a dangerous situation for reporters to even cover his campaign. That's why no one blamed Bernie or Dems.

You STILL don't get that this isn't a bipartisan problem.
Oh, so they're over the top false rhetoric over healthcare wouldn't drive a crazy person over the edge? GTFO. Ok, so by your logic, Trump shouldn't be blamed either since he never called for violence against any of the targets in this event. Glad we can clear that up. Seems we can't blame republicans or democrats according to you.

You STILL don't get that this isn't a bipartisan problem.

Sure it's a bipartisan problem. Find Obama's Gabby Gifford's speech and listen to it. He got a lot right in that speech. He sucked me in. He even followed his own advice for, I think a couple of weeks, then he went back to his old vitriolic self in Wisconsin.

Reactions: herrli and SNU0821
There is no evidence presented that Sayoc is crazy. There is a evidence that he is a criminal and a celebrity at Trump rallies. I would say that Sayoc is a prototype deplorable.
To me, anyone who tries to commit murder is crazy. I use that term loosely.

I don't think it's unfair to call both of those guys crazy. To get to that point where you want to kill people over politics, is IMO, well, CRAZY.

You're never going to be able to stop crazy people from being crazy. Our President has a responsibility to set the tone of the country and he has failed miserably at it. Leaders are supposed to lead by example....

Right, I've never him to tell his supporters to tone it down or treat people with respect or that "you've went too far on this". When he denounces the KKK or white nationalists after Charlottesville he's reading off a teleprompter like he's a hostage reading a note.

He attacks all these people relentlessly but is friendly and treats people like Putin, MBS in Saudi Arabia, Kim Jong Un, etc. with respect and it's like pulling teeth to get him to say something negative about that group.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Healthcare is going to drive someone over the edge? Affordable healthcare is now something beyond mention???

Wow...no wonder you don't understand.

And targeting...he tweets every day about CNN the Washington Post, Hillary Clinton...probably the rest of them too. I don't follow his psychotic twitter feed.

Oh, so they're over the top false rhetoric over healthcare wouldn't drive a crazy person over the edge? GTFO. Ok, so by your logic, Trump shouldn't be blamed either since he never called for violence against any of the targets in this event. Glad we can clear that up. Seems we can't blame republicans or democrats according to you.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Have you watched Shepherd Smith, Chris Wallace, and Brett Baier? Some lesser known regulars play it straight down the middle too.

I think you focus too much on Hannity, Carlson, and Ingraham.
Yep, those are the straight new guys during the day. If that was what Fox News was about, there would be no issues. Their programs have a fraction of the viewers that the nightly nuts get, unfortunately.

It’s
That’s not what you said. You said Fox’s problem is that viewers don’t watch other outlets. I don’t know if that is true or not, but how is Fox responsible for viewing habits?
it’s a brief look inside a liberals mind CO. The next step in her thinking is the because viewers who watch only one source of news needs protected from the big bad FNC therefore, the Govt should either shut them down, or pass some regulations...... in order to protect the viewers.

I don’t know where she gets the idea viewers only watch one source. But she is a far left loon.

Reactions: SNU0821
Hahaha! Healthcare is going to drive someone over the edge? Affordable healthcare is now something beyond mention???

Wow...no wonder you don't understand.

And targeting...he tweets every day about CNN the Washington Post, Hillary Clinton...probably the rest of them too. I don't follow his psychotic twitter feed.
Where's he say go kill someone? I'll wait. Where's he say go be violent to any of the targets? I'll wait.

It’s

it’s a brief look inside a liberals mind CO. The next step in her thinking is the because viewers who watch only one source of news needs protected from the big bad FNC therefore, the Govt should either shut them down, or pass some regulations...... in order to protect the viewers.

I don’t know where she gets the idea viewers only watch one source. But she is a far left loon.

The government should force cable companies to offer channels ala carte and not force people to pay for political propaganda channels they don't agree with. If you have basic cable, you're paying $1.50 a month for Faux News (and about 60 cents for CNN).

Cable channels should also be regulated so that there's at least a clear distinction between news reporting and opinion segments.

I believe the FCC should bring back the Fairness Doctrine for the broadcast airwaves. This crap all started after Reagan got rid of it.

I get your point. In once sense I think we are adults and don't depend on role models, like POTUS, for our actions and behaviors. On the other hand, I can see where a stream of insulting and demeaning rhetoric can affect some people and lead to targeting some groups. I think we saw this in police ambushes (which are now diminishing) during the Obama administration and on campus's or even city streets where mobs are having their way with various kinds of targets, which targets are usually conservative and white. Some might apply this notion to racist attacks, but those have been going on for close to 200 years, so that is a different issue.

It's an interesting discussion. I think your take is way overly simplistic and mostly wrong. I don't think adults are so easily influenced.

Wow. He is a psychopath. He honestly doesn't care about the bombs.
Here is what Trump tweeted at 3:00 am.
Funny how lowly rated CNN, and others can criticize me at will , even blaming me for the current spate of Bombs and ridiculously comparing this to Sept. 11 and the Oklahoma City bombing , yet when I criticize them they go wild and scream , “it’s not Presidential. “
This is what keeps this man up at night. Not world events and problems, but how he is treated. The man is a horrible human. The worst.

I get your point. In once sense I think we are adults and don't depend on role models, like POTUS, for our actions and behaviors. On the other hand, I can see where a stream of insulting and demeaning rhetoric can affect some people and lead to targeting some groups. I think we saw this in police ambushes (which are now diminishing) during the Obama administration and on campus's or even city streets where mobs are having their way with various kinds of targets, which targets are usually conservative and white. Some might apply this notion to racist attacks, but those have been going on for close to 200 years, so that is a different issue.

It's an interesting discussion. I think your take is way overly simplistic and mostly wrong. I don't think adults are so easily influenced.

Try this. Respond without typing “Obama”. You can do it.

The government should force cable companies to offer channels ala carte and not force people to pay for political propaganda channels they don't agree with. If you have basic cable, you're paying $1.50 a month for Faux News (and about 60 cents for CNN).

It should also be regulated so that there's at least a clear distinction between news reporting and opinion segments.

I believe the FCC should bring back the Fairness Doctrine for the broadcast airwaves. This crap all started after Reagan got rid of it.

I’d say yes but Zeke will not because it only creates a less balanced menu. I say yes. I also don’t want to pay for 12 espn stations, bet, etc.... but then I am a cable cutter. It’s gotta be at least 6-7 years now. I get a lot of my news from the websites of Fox, CNN, NBC. I balance them off each other and just because I’m curious what each thinks is news worthy.... there is a big difference and it isn’t always Fox being in the wrong. There is a concerted line of reporting among the networks. It is interesting

Yep, those are the straight new guys during the day. If that was what Fox News was about, there would be no issues. Their programs have a fraction of the viewers that the nightly nuts get, unfortunately.

Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham don't compete with MSNBC or CNN. They are competing with sitcoms, dramas, and these days YouTube videos. Those three are meant to attract attention--that's it.

To me, anyone who tries to commit murder is crazy. I use that term loosely.

I don't think it's unfair to call both of those guys crazy. To get to that point where you want to kill people over politics, is IMO, well, CRAZY.
Son of Sam was crazy...he was taking instructions from a talking dog.This guy, on the other hand, had very specific political goals in mind.

Son of Sam was crazy...he was taking instructions from a talking dog.This guy, on the other hand, had very specific political goals in mind.
What goals? I’m curious as I am sure you are about what could possibly be the goal in all of this. I think he wanted to be famous. From what’s being reported, He didn’t want to kill anyone. Tells me he is mentally unstable.

Limbaugh doubling down. Says the stickers on the van are "too prestine and evenly spaced". Says any stickers exposed to S. Florida sun would have shown more "fading".

Limbaugh doubling down. Says the stickers on the van are "too prestine and evenly spaced". Says any stickers exposed to S. Florida sun would have shown more "fading".

Let's insert Limbaugh into this. It was mentioned by Trump, and repeated here, how often times politicians are referred to as historical villains. I believe CO mentioned Dems calling Trump Hitler. I know LOOOONNNNGGGG before Trump ran for president, Limbaugh used the term "feminazi". According to the wiki, it appeared in Limbaugh's 1992 book. I wonder why that doesn't count?

Have you watched Shepherd Smith, Chris Wallace, and Brett Baier? Some lesser known regulars play it straight down the middle too.

I think you focus too much on Hannity, Carlson, and Ingraham.

Okay, I'll take your word for it. I don't have the patience/time for cable news. Prefer to read so I can skip to the point.

Good to hear that Fox isn't totally one-sided. By the way, I'm pushing my daughter to also not limit her news intake to CNN. Her response is she agrees with them. I can only do so much!

Here is what Trump tweeted at 3:00 am.
Funny how lowly rated CNN, and others can criticize me at will , even blaming me for the current spate of Bombs and ridiculously comparing this to Sept. 11 and the Oklahoma City bombing , yet when I criticize them they go wild and scream , “it’s not Presidential. “
This is what keeps this man up at night. Not world events and problems, but how he is treated. The man is a horrible human. The worst.
He's not wrong. I don't disagree he's a bad person, but I think he's doing a great job as president! I'm more than willing to separate the two. But then again, I don't let my feelings get in the way.

I disagree on the notion that adults are not easily influenced. If that was the case then we wouldn't have religious cults in this country. Again, I am talking about crazy people who are going to be crazy. They are the ones incapable of filtering through the messages and media biases that we have on both sides.

The President's job to set and control the narrative of the country. Right now the narrative is complete chaos and fear. Fear of the media, immigrants, people of color, political leaders, etc.

LOL. Graphics folks here at work were complimenting him on his compositional skills. Said dude really knows how to do a layout.

I disagree on the notion that adults are not easily influenced. If that was the case then we wouldn't have religious cults in this country. Again, I am talking about crazy people who are going to be crazy. They are the ones incapable of filtering through the messages and media biases that we have on both sides.

The President's job to set and control the narrative of the country. Right now the narrative is complete chaos and fear. Fear of the media, immigrants, people of color, political leaders, etc.
100% agree that the narrative needs to start from the top. However, no matter what republican president was in office, CNN, the NYT, MSNBC, etc., would still have people calling them racist or xenophobic or whatever. It's a two way street (I know you acknowledged that). With how liberal the MSM is, they would still be trashing the republican president (not at the level of Trump but still...) and that's not helpful at all. When there is obviously over the top false/fake stories being put out by the MSM, it only makes things worse. I blame the MSM and Trump more than I blame the actual Republican and Democratic politicians, honestly.

What is it about the far right that makes them so susceptible to this stuff? Rush. Infowars. Fox News. All kooky conspiracies and patently false reports.

Sure it's a bipartisan problem. Find Obama's Gabby Gifford's speech and listen to it. He got a lot right in that speech. He sucked me in. He even followed his own advice for, I think a couple of weeks, then he went back to his old vitriolic self in Wisconsin.
President Obama vitriolic? Can you please provide an example from Wisconsin?

Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham don't compete with MSNBC or CNN. They are competing with sitcoms, dramas, and these days YouTube videos. Those three are meant to attract attention--that's it.
The problem: they should be treated as sitcom. They are not. They are treated by Trump’s minions as straight up news . It may be the only “ news “ many of these people get.

What is it about the far right that makes them so susceptible to this stuff? Rush. Infowars. Fox News. All kooky conspiracies and patently false reports.
The only lefty thing I can think of that would be comparable would be the 9-11 Truthers. But the size and scope of what's coming from the right now is an order of magnitude greater.

The only lefty thing I can think of that would be comparable would be the 9-11 Truthers. But the size and scope of what's coming from the right now is an order of magnitude greater.

I do find it interesting that there arent really parallels on the wacky left. You would assume there would be, but nope. I listened to an NPR piece once that interviewed a guy who wrote made up right wing conspiracies. Asked why he didn’t write left wing conspiracy theories he responded that they don’t sell.

Look at this board. The left leaning posters at least post real things. While the large majority of right wingers post complete lunacy.

How quaint, totally on par with enemy of the people, second amendment rights, Crooked Hillary, punch them in the face, etc.
I still don't get how crooked Hillary and punch them in the face leads to blowing someone up. Yet at the same time, kick them when they're down, and you can't be civil, and harass them when you see them, isn't on the same level.

Oh the joys of trying to understand the crazy libs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT