ADVERTISEMENT

Boilers definitely getting schooled...

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
...but will they get taken to the woodshed? Not good for Conference RPI but entertaining all the same.

B10 is way down this year....

Purdue is one of the top 3 teams in conference
One way to look at it is that the conference is way down this year. Another way to look at it is that there is much more balance, top to bottom, in the Big 10 this year. And yet another way to look at it is that the top teams in the Big 10 are slowly coming together, slowly improving and overcoming injuries, and will be peaking at tournament time.

For me, it's way to early to say which of the above viewpoints (if any) will prove to be the most correct.

One way to look at it is that the conference is way down this year. Another way to look at it is that there is much more balance, top to bottom, in the Big 10 this year. And yet another way to look at it is that the top teams in the Big 10 are slowly coming together, slowly improving and overcoming injuries, and will be peaking at tournament time.

For me, it's way to early to say which of the above viewpoints (if any) will prove to be the most correct.

I look at the quality wins the conference has....besides IU, what's the next big win for the conference?

I look at the quality wins the conference has....besides IU, what's the next big win for the conference?
I get your point. I'm leaning towards the prediction that the Big 10 is more balanced this year top to bottom but not as strong at the top as in past years. However, I think the top teams will improve throughout the year, will peak at tournament time and will be playing at a level comparable to the top teams of recent years.

I get your point. I'm leaning towards the prediction that the Big 10 is more balanced this year top to bottom but not as strong at the top as in past years. However, I think the top teams will improve throughout the year, will peak at tournament time and will be playing at a level comparable to the top teams of recent years.
Kenpom ratings are proving this point right so far. Not quite as many at the top but many last year that were sub 200-300 are in the mid 150's this year.

ADVERTISEMENT