ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler comes in peace...

Sep 23, 2013
Hey all. I need a little help. If it makes a difference, I actually root for you guys because I prefer our matchups to matter nationally as well as a my grandparents were die hards.

Anyway, I run a Big Ten fantasy football league, and am looking for some help with IU sleepers. The way the league works, only 2-4 players from a team are viable. So Im guessing Lagow and Cobbs are your 2. Any thoughts on who 3 and 4 might be?

Wrong board...:rolleyes: This is actually the GBI annex.:confused: Just check out the header of the lead post if you don't believe me..:confused:

Try googling the old Peegs Board, I think it's on the Scout Network...There might still be a couple of INDIANA FOOTBALL fans over there...:cool:

Sleeper is Ian Thomas at tight end, probably one of the top receiving tight ends in the league.

Donovan Hale at WR will have a good year too.

Reactions: td75
I personally don't think Lagow will be the "starter" mid season. I think he will be the change of pace guy if at all.... Donavan Hale at WR and Ellis at RB. Ian Thomas at TE .

3. Donavan Hale
4. Ian Thomas
5. Peyton Ramsey
6. Luke Timian

Picking any running backs will be risky because we are currently in a competition for snaps.

Hey all. I need a little help. If it makes a difference, I actually root for you guys because I prefer our matchups to matter nationally as well as a my grandparents were die hards.

Anyway, I run a Big Ten fantasy football league, and am looking for some help with IU sleepers. The way the league works, only 2-4 players from a team are viable. So Im guessing Lagow and Cobbs are your 2. Any thoughts on who 3 and 4 might be?
If Lagow sits in favor of Ramsey, the offense will change, with the wideouts likely having a diminished role. Plan accordingly.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
Taking anyone on IU's offense is dangerous.

1) WR Simmie Cobbs
2) TE Ian Thomas

Sleepers
3) RB Morgan Ellison (but there's no guarantee he wins the RB spot. He has the most talent though IMO)
4) QB Peyton Ramsey (good chance he beats out Lagow). If/when Ramsey wins the QB position, he would be #1 fantasy option.

Taking anyone on IU's offense is dangerous.

1) WR Simmie Cobbs
2) TE Ian Thomas

Sleepers
3) RB Morgan Ellison (but there's no guarantee he wins the RB spot. He has the most talent though IMO)
4) QB Peyton Ramsey (good chance he beats out Lagow). If/when Ramsey wins the QB position, he would be #1 fantasy option.

I'm confused by you word "dangerous?"
Dangerous because it's not good to put any IU player on your fantasy roster or......dangerous in a good way?

For those that like stats, Simmie Cobbs and Luke Timian lead the league right now in receptions per game. And generally, the more receptions means positive results in both yardage and potential TDs, both of which impact fantasy numbers.

I'm confused by you word "dangerous?"
Dangerous because it's not good to put any IU player on your fantasy roster or......dangerous in a good way?

For those that like stats, Simmie Cobbs and Luke Timian lead the league right now in receptions per game. And generally, the more receptions means positive results in both yardage and potential TDs, both of which impact fantasy numbers.

In a bad way. Can't depend on any of the RBs until one proves himself. Can't depend on a QB until one wins the job convincingly. WR/TE value depends on QB production which is up in the air.

I personally don't think Lagow will be the "starter" mid season. I think he will be the change of pace guy if at all.... Donavan Hale at WR and Ellis at RB. Ian Thomas at TE .
Lagow throws for 410 vs Ohio St and we're talking about sitting him (granted two picks, one by forced passing in comeback attempt). He's the starter for sure-- Ramsey was the better mismatch against VU w/ short quick throws and scrambling (VU didn't plan for that). I see Lagow improving as the year goes on. Just one man's opinion.

In a bad way. Can't depend on any of the RBs until one proves himself. Can't depend on a QB until one wins the job convincingly. WR/TE value depends on QB production which is up in the air.

I personally don't care that we play multiple guys, as long as we win. That's why college football fantasy football is a huge crap shoot. Too much rotation. NFL stars get the workload until they get injured.

Our skill positions are actually in really, really good shape.

OL needs to gel.

Yea, was only saying in context to fantasy football since OP was trying to figure out who to draft.

We have some good skill position players at WR/TE. Ellison looks promising at RB but I don't think anyone there really stands out yet.

Many often say if you have 2 QBs then you really have none because no one has been good enough to solidify their spot. Both QBs have shown to be somewhat skilled.

OL definitely needs to show improvement. Hopefully Knight being back will make a big difference.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
Yea, was only saying in context to fantasy football since OP was trying to figure out who to draft.

We have some good skill position players at WR/TE. Ellison looks promising at RB but I don't think anyone there really stands out yet.

Many often say if you have 2 QBs then you really have none because no one has been good enough to solidify their spot. Both QBs have shown to be somewhat skilled.

OL definitely needs to show improvement. Hopefully Knight being back will make a big difference.

Would rather have 2 QBs than 1 solid guy and a wide gap between the next man up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT