ADVERTISEMENT

Bo is gone, Wisconsin is real bad

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
and we better get the W in the Kohl Center. This is the year to burn down the house of horrors. If Reeeeeevers or Davidson hit 5+ threes I will throw a brick through my TV. Worse yet, some scrub on the end of their bench I have never heard of.

74-55 Hoosiers please.

and we better get the W in the Kohl Center. This is the year to burn down the house of horrors. If Reeeeeevers or Davidson hit 5+ threes I will throw a brick through my TV. Worse yet, some scrub on the end of their bench I have never heard of.

74-55 Hoosiers please.

Not sure a 20 pt win is a reasonable prediction at WI. They are bound to regroup at some point and with our history, it could likely be against us. I expect a scratch and clawing game, but if we continue to show the resiliency we did Tuesday, we should be OK. Make our FTs and limit turnovers. Can't give away points in this one.

74-55 Hoosiers please.

They've been so bad.... particularly shooting....I fear they are due for a good shooting night just out a reversion to the mean.

I'd take a 1 point win..
College basketball home court win pct is like 75% of the time..
Plus every team gets up when they see the candy stripes..
First true road game...Any type of a win is great on the road..
Yep...any road win in the B1G is golden.

I graduated from both IU (yay!) and UW (boo, hiss). Really nice town, Madison is. Great Civil and Environmental Engineering school and a fun campus. Couldn't face getting an engineering degree in Laffytown. Plus, UW serves beer on the patio of their Union overlooking Lake Mendota.

Watched part of the recent UW game...not impressed. But IU has to build a cushion to overcome the lucky cheesezit that will hit 3's and the zebras.

I'd take a 1 point win..

Don't forget it's a classic spot for the dreaded 'let down' game after a big, buzzy win.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
I'd take a 1 point win..

This is the correct mindset. The Kohl center will be hopping and its going to take everything we have to sneak out with a W.

74-55 Hoosiers please.

Agreed. Whole lot of loser talk. Wisconsin stinks and we should win. It's not like we've faired significantly worse at the Kohl Center compared to Crisler, Breslin or The Schott over the years.

The boogeymanification of Wisconsin/ Kohl Center is weird.

Agreed. Whole lot of loser talk. Wisconsin stinks and we should win. It's not like we've faired significantly worse at the Kohl Center compared to Crisler, Breslin or The Schott over the years.

The boogeymanification of Wisconsin/ Kohl Center is weird.

It's not that weird for anyone who lived through the Crean era and how they completely owned us; and not just at Kohl. I don't have a good memory for detail on such things, but weren't we like 0-13 or 1-13 at some point (that may have partially been Crean's record back to MU days)? There were many times we were their equal or higher rated that they still beat us.

It's not that weird for anyone who lived through the Crean era and how they completely owned us; and not just at Kohl. I don't have a good memory for detail on such things, but weren't we like 0-13 or 1-13 at some point (that may have partially been Crean's record back to MU days)? There were many times we were their equal or higher rated that they still beat us.
After graduation from IU-B, moved with my new bride to Madison, WI. After working a few years and interest rates hit 19%...recession...I started taking Engineering up at UW-Madison.

Cheering for IU while attending UW was just the right thing to do. But in their old field house...they won more than they lost against IU...if my memory serves me correctly. But the B1G was really tough on the road. Hell, I even cheered for IU football up there. At least I cheered for their hockey team.

Times change, things change, but UW is tough in Madison. This year they may be having an off year. But IU has to go up there loaded for bagging Badgers.

If Reeeeeevers or Davidson hit 5+ threes I will throw a brick through my TV

Yea weve got to stay on top their 3 balls

Not sure a 20 pt win is a reasonable prediction at WI. They are bound to regroup at some point and with our history, it could likely be against us. I expect a scratch and clawing game, but if we continue to show the resiliency we did Tuesday, we should be OK.

If we play like we did Tuesday we will blow them out.

They've been so bad.... particularly shooting....I fear they are due for a good shooting night just out a reversion to the mean

Yep, along with coming off a really ugly loss, plus playing at home....against a really good team (IU) ...
They are going to be pumped.

However, I still think
IU by 8

After graduation from IU-B, moved with my new bride to Madison, WI. After working a few years and interest rates hit 19%...recession...I started taking Engineering up at UW-Madison.

Cheering for IU while attending UW was just the right thing to do. But in their old field house...they won more than they lost against IU...if my memory serves me correctly. But the B1G was really tough on the road. Hell, I even cheered for IU football up there. At least I cheered for their hockey team.

Times change, things change, but UW is tough in Madison. This year they may be having an off year. But IU has to go up there loaded for bagging Badgers.

So true man.. never ever easy to win on the road in the B1G, especially at Madison. If DG, JS, TJD get it rolling we could walk out with a nice road W.

Davison will hit 6 from behind the arc and draw at least 17 charges. He will be standing by the door of the bus and flopping when our guys are trying to get off of it.

If you get past the starting 5, there appears to be a big drop off. I've only seen 2 halves of buckyball, so maybe I'm wrong. Close first half and then a strong second half for IU and a 15+ point win.

So true man.. never ever easy to win on the road in the B1G, especially at Madison. If DG, JS, TJD get it rolling we could walk out with a nice road W.

Hopefully ol Bo Boroski is doing the game. He is a big fan of the new flopping rule.

74-55 Hoosiers please.

“Bo is gone, Wisconsin is real bad” sounds like potentially famous last words. I think we’re more than capable of beating WI, but I also won’t be surprised if WI spends 40 minutes on Saturday shooting out of their collective minds. Everything from circus-shot layups to 3s from 26 feet away with a hand in their face. All that while having a look on their face like they’ve done it all year.

Or maybe I’m just used to seeing us consistently getting our asses kicked by WI for nearly 20 years now.

This is a first time challenge for youngsters, like TJD, Armaan, Damezi (I know he played last year but much bigger role now) and Jerome of playing a road game in the B1G. It’s not going to be easy. Our vets, like Al, DeVonte, Brunk and De’Ron and hopefully Rob, need to show veteran poise and leadership to win a game like this. We will need Archie at his best in using his personnel.

If you get past the starting 5, there appears to be a big drop off. I've only seen 2 halves of buckyball, so maybe I'm wrong. Close first half and then a strong second half for IU and a 15+ point win.

You're using common sense and forgetting that we're playing at the Kohl Center. We will lose. Book it.

You're using common sense and forgetting that we're playing at the Kohl Center. We will lose. Book it.
And what are you using to predict a future invent with such pompous certainty?

Are you a wizard like Dumbledouce or does god talk to you like you're Nostradumbass?

This is the correct mindset. The Kohl center will be hopping and its going to take everything we have to sneak out with a W.

Agreed, though it can be reasoned that IU is better proportionately to Wisconsin going in than they have been most recent years, except maybe 2017-18.

Wisconsin will lose if they don't shoot better than they have been. Because Reuvers is not going to get what he wants inside. I like IU's chances this time but a tough, low scoring game seems likely.

74-55 Hoosiers please.
I like the optimism, but a 20 pt win on the road seems less likely.
I would be satisfied with a lead that makes the last 1 minute a no contest

74-55 Hoosiers please.

Hey @Cavanagh need you to read email I sent you this morning. Thanks

74-55 Hoosiers please.

Yep, WI is unconscious shooting. You won’t get them to miss today if you blindfold them.

ADVERTISEMENT